Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My 11B lid with new NVG plate.

NewLid1.jpg

NewLid2.jpg

The circled part is the new press buttons I installed in place of the horrid black ones. The left one broke literally minutes after buying this cover. I decided to buy some goldish/Bronze ones that I think go better with the cover. I know it is not the issued cover but it was all I could get here in Japan and I have my first game this weekend since coming here and needed a cover. I rather like the Crye style cover though.

IMG_5577.JPG

After an afternoon of boredom, i dug up an old replica i never use(d). I've got a new suspension, pads, gogglestraps, goggles (fan driven oakleys or ESS) incoming. Not sure if i want to add velcro, i actually like it this way! Still a WIP though.

Edited by Fire NL

Some pictures of some more older helmes than most in here, but still just as cool.

Firstly group photo:

PHOT0292.jpg

And now some of them in more detail

British Para Helmet

PHOT0293.jpg

PHOT0294.jpg

slightly blurry that one

Soviet SSh-68

PHOT0295.jpg

PHOT0296.jpg

And my favourite *Drum Roll Please* TA DA!

PHOT0297.jpg

Well it needs some work in here (well a whole new liner and all other bits) below is a replacment chipstrap- with anchor

PHOT0299.jpg

Edited by flecktarnman
  • 2 weeks later...

Current WIP

IMG00444-20110625-1348.jpg

IMG00445-20110625-1348.jpg

IMG00446-20110625-1349.jpg

IMG00447-20110625-1349.jpg

Ops-Core Replica, in MC but the colour is off so it's been hit with a little khaki, but I may well paint it solid khaki in the future, will wait to see what it looks like while outdoors/worn etc before though.

Still waiting on helmet light/comms/IR flags (UK + US) etc.

Sorry for crappy BlackBerry cam pictures.

eh it's been out for at least a month now. I have a friend in Texas who ordered one and it came in at about $75 or so less than a Base Jump after shipping. Last I talked to him about it it hadn't arrived. Plenty of time has passed I'll ask him how he likes it.

Edited by frogfish

Here's what he says....

I got it a few days.....[before I went someplace sunny]......, so I haven't had a chance to really play with it. Harness works well, but the pads are really stiff. May just replace them. The one guy is right the color is a bit on the dark side. MC pattern, but the green is much darker, giving it a more "woodland" feel. Otherwise not too shabby....