Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Just a quick one for those of you sporting the S&S Precision V-light on your helmets.

I have been looking on to getting a pair of V-lights for my helmet and they retail for about US$50 a piece internationally or about the double nationally with all of out silly taxes so before I have them in my hands it is roughly the same. But then I read the following on the S&S precision webpage:

Run-time:120+ Hours (continuous) *run-times vary depending on frequency of use and duration of “ON” cycles (*Battery is not replaceable)

Now this seems odd to me. A 50$ light with none replaceable batteries? Anyone that can confirm this first hand?

They are not designed to have the battery replaced as they are in a sealed unit HOWEVER you can cut it open and replace the battery if needed.

Are you aware that ebaybanned are bringing out copies of the V-lite?

EDIT: or at least they were. Can't seem to find the link now.

Edited by tomo

The manta does not serve the same purpose as the V-lights. The V-lights are for person to person IFF and other low power illumination purposes. The manta is a high power visible and IR strobe, and is one of the smallest lightest sealed unit strobes on the market.

APALS are a good alternative to V-Lights but finding them as something other than a 100 pack can be difficult.

As for the battery it is easily replaceable and re-useable for airsoft purposes, however the unit losses it's water tight feature when you cut it open to replace the battery. Honestly unless you need V-Lights or get them for free they are over priced chem lights, no need to spend $100+ on them.

I know it's not really my place to say this, but can we all please try to stay away from the clone V-Lights? The cloning is great for us, but only to the point where these counterfeit products start to make their way to the real guys in the field. Things like these and the airsoft replica CAT's are dangerous if mislabeled and we shouldn't be encouraging such irresponsible behavior. Just a thought. Maybe we could get a petition going to send to Element asking them to put a small "airsoft only" mark on the back of the replicas? Something like that?

I was just talking for a battery replacement point of view.

And APALS is now in 10-packs from Brite-Strike directly. I have several and love them as dead-lights.

The manta does not serve the same purpose as the V-lights. The V-lights are for person to person IFF and other low power illumination purposes. The manta is a high power visible and IR strobe, and is one of the smallest lightest sealed unit strobes on the market.

APALS are a good alternative to V-Lights but finding them as something other than a 100 pack can be difficult.

As for the battery it is easily replaceable and re-useable for airsoft purposes, however the unit losses it's water tight feature when you cut it open to replace the battery. Honestly unless you need V-Lights or get them for free they are over priced chem lights, no need to spend $100+ on them.

this is what you get for $80 delivered from J.K.Army.com, and im guessing,because its traded, thatll be the reason theres no pics on their website.

p1000530m.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Jimmy, I really want this lid so I sent a message to JK asking about it. Is this how you got your hands on one?