Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Err not that simple.

Had to cut the leather headband as the cable between ears is captivated. And also cut the heat shrink that attaches the cable to the wire frame. Those bits can't be undone, unless you decide to resolder one end. Nothing major though.

Also modified the plastic clips on the Peltor arms to fit the Sordin pivots. (was a chance to use my new Mill :rolleyes:)

You have to partially disassembly the cups (not that difficult) to fit, but a little fiddly.

Problem now is I've got 4 more sets to do, damn team mates

Tata sprinkles! I saw this and was hoping it'd be an easy job, but doesn't sound like it :(

I wish they'd make a kit for Sordins...

Funnily enough a few people have asked about modding their Sordin's.

It's not overly difficult to do the mod, just don't want to understate it, when people are doing it to £300 headsets.

Once I (and a few of team mates) have used and abused ours I may offer the modded parts. But no point doing it if the modified plastic clips are no longer durable. If not I have plans to machine them out of aluminium.

• 2 weeks later...

Redid my helmet over the weekend. Here's the results.

Should have taken it without my black poster in the back as it drowns out the NVG set.

opsfront.JPG

opsback.JPG

opsleft.JPG

opsright.JPG

Ops Core Base Jump (Real) - New paint job

Revision Goggles

MSA Sordin with custom helmet clips they rotate up and back

Ferro Tactical Strobe/battery holder

E-lites

Contour HD

D-300MS NVG (Kind of hard to see)

Edited by Gish

And gish takes the prize. Integrated mouth guard? May I ask how you made the helmet clips? ACM modified or completely custom?

Same question here. Cause I was looking at the setup. I see the google strapped to the helmet rails, but it is really hard to see the mouth guard setup :) More pics -thank you.