Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And gish takes the prize. Integrated mouth guard? May I ask how you made the helmet clips? ACM modified or completely custom?

Yes the intergrated mouth guard was made by a teammate. Basically take an ACM mask, cut down and strap it into the chinstrap with some velcro. I'll try and get some better pics but it's a pretty easy mod. Perfect amount of protection that I like, i've already had teeth knocked out.

The helmet clips are also custom. They were made from some Peltor hard had mount ear muffs, cut down and mounted on some machined rail mounts. Since there are no Sordin mounts on the market we made our own. There are plans to make them available eventually. They also maintain the ability to hinge backwards so I can move them out of the way.

Gish, I'd love to see more pics of that mouth guard setup. That's one of the greatest ideas I've seen in a long time and I'd love to put it to use at my local CQB field now that we have one.

And where are you guys getting your PVS-21 mounts? I know Corrigan mentioned someone selling them on a forum, but I wonder if he'd ship to the U.S.

• 2 weeks later...

Have to say the rail adapters for the COMTACs are extremely comfortable in comparison to running the band in the helmet. It's also a lot easier to put on and remove the helmet. I also changed out the mic on my headset, though this was due to the original mic for some reason shattering into pieces.

helmetfront.jpg

helmetback.jpg

Edited by akiraspeedstar

Here's my new lid. It's the cheaper Dragon Red version. The quality and fit are exceptional.

aor1teaser.jpg

Comtac II mounts are in the mail. I'm thinking I'll make custom straps for my Bolle X800's and use the clips near the back of the rails to mount them. Anyone know where I can find some Element V-Lites? Like so many other products, they have disappeared from EBairsoft's inventory.

Edited by Section 8

I don't think that helmet is from DragomRedAirsoft. The surface is very smooth compared to the Dragon Red ones. Also the head straps and bungee cords are black whereas all the DragonRed ones are color matching to the helmet color. The velcro is lower quality and the screws are incorrect. It's a decent copy, looks to be an Emerson Replica. The DragonRedAirsoft version is a lot nicer, the question is do you like it $45+/- more than the Emerson version.

I don't think that helmet is from DragomRedAirsoft. The surface is very smooth compared to the Dragon Red ones. Also the head straps and bungee cords are black whereas all the DragonRed ones are color matching to the helmet color. The velcro is lower quality and the screws are incorrect. It's a decent copy, looks to be an Emerson Replica. The DragonRedAirsoft version is a lot nicer, the question is do you like it $45+/- more than the Emerson version.

To add, I think the hardware/straps are black. Which definitely makes it the Emerson version.