Helmet Pictures

I'm liking that cover! Curious if that head lamp will catch on doors though. Have you considered using the Princeton Tec MPLS instead?

I haven't had that happen yet but with being 6' 5" I could see that happening, it is on my to get list,the MPLS would be a better solution as I will need to move my current light when I starting running my pvs-14.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

Got my War Bungee for my Fast (DragonRed)

547318_843476439688_39705552_35970339_1121878364_n.jpg

398786_843479239078_39705552_35970346_863113090_n.jpg

Handy little upgrade since I run an external battery for my Contour Camera, and it helps keep the wires secured. Although honestly I feel that most people could make their own for much less. Don't feel ripped off ($25 USD with shipping) or anything, the materials are top notched IR signature reduced blah, blah, but for airsoft I feel that people could rig something for less.

Just look at the installation and you can probably save a few bucks just by using a lower quality materials that are still suitable for airsoft.

http://www.warsport-us.com/War_Bungee_Install_Instr.html

The web dominator and cord lock make it look a little untidy. But I do like the concept.

I just ran some shock cord through the holes in my helmet and tied it up. Works a treat for cable management, and additional tie down for my counter weight pouch.(spare contour batteries and memory cards)

I might try running web dominator and cord lock upside down and see if that improves the appearance. I tried it with out the web dominator, and while it has a lower profile, the shock cord sticks out a bit and looks more untidy. The web dominator really keeps things tidy, but looks like a mess. Someone who is doing it as DYI mod, might want to consider simply zip ties to secure it.

TheEgo- are you storing your spare batteries in a bag or running an external battery and charging on the go with your Contour?

That's the only down side of the external mod, is that water resistance does down, although a good generous amount of electrical tape could fix that.

Running the external battery isn't simple plug and play. If you just plug in a normal USB cable, it won't let you charge and record at the same time. The easiest thing to do is buy and butcher the car charging kit (the USB plug in is wired differently to allow it to charge and record at the same time), and attach the a normal USB to the end. Make sure the output of the external battery is 1.5v, anything lower and it won't be able to charge and record at the same time. Operation is also a bit different.

-Power up and allow the Contour camera and begin recording.

-Then turn the External Battery on

If you turn the External power source on first, the camera will revert to PC data mode and won't let you record.

Now that's a really good idea. Only downside of my ROAM is the low battery life (and lack of removable battery).

I was pretty much in the same boat, as I run a ROAM (got for 150USD during an Amazon deal). It took me awhile of browsing the Contour forums, but that solution I listed above is what they were able to come up with. Not perfect and pretty, but definitely gets the job done.

Yes, I did drill a hole through the back, so the cable can get through. You lose access of the little button on the outside, but it is a small price for the extended battery life.

This is the cable that you need; http://www.amazon.com/Contour-2900-Car-Charger/dp/B002936VGI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1337375669&sr=8-1

You'll also need a normal USB cable to splice in, so you can attach it to your power source.

If you don't want to buy the kit (its just the easiest and safest option) you can completely mod the USB to run power to charge the camera.

Took me awhile to find them but here are the links to the instructions on how to do the external battery mod (as well as other mods)

http://kjh.ca/contour_mods/doku.php?id=external_battery_pack:start

and the original source

http://support.contour.com/contour/topics/charge_and_record_simultaneously

I highly recommend that any Contour HD user check them out for useful mods to the camera.

Also right now, I am charging my Camera and Batteries for an OP tomorrow, and the whole helmet looks pretty cool being hooked up and all, reminds my of a giant Japanese Robot being hooked up.

524999_844107110818_39705552_35972653_1517786502_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

If I remember they were kinda small. I didn't run them, b/c I run coms on my arc rails. I tossed them around somewhere. Honestly I wouldn't put anything too expensive/weighty on them, b/c the original design of those mounts were to come off at around 10lbs of pressure. As it being a replica, it may come off at more or less then this weight. I light weight polymer light with an LED might be your best bet.