Helmet Pictures

I have skirmished in the Regulators once. They worked great until it started raining, then they did start to fog. That being said, the venting system that they use is awesome! I couldn't believe the amount of air that moved through them. I doubt they would fog in a fast paced CQB environment However for a long rainy woods game you should probably look elsewhere (though I'm not sure anything other than mesh will be guaranteed to not fog).

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

looks like a scrim net to me ? http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=scrim+net&hl=en&tbo=u&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&tbm=isch&source=univ&sa=X&ei=LEe2UPfzLOSm0AXTp4AY&ved=0CDMQsAQ&biw=1280&bih=872

of course i could be wrong but i think you'd get a very similar result using some scrim.

Perhapse I have the stupid, but it would seem to me the holes in the visor are just the right size for BB's and or shards thereof to pass through and into the soft flesh of your face-area.

Neat idea otherwise, however you are not permitted to wear it unless cries of "SPARTAAAAA" are given mid-field.

Yes they do look a bit on the large size but its just due to the cock eyed angle of the photo I think , I drilled the holes with a 2mm drill bit and the holes actually smaller than the slots in a sensai mask ! ;-)

Edited by druid799

I think it came out great! Do you still get any fogging? Do the holes mess with your vision at all. I really like how the visor is clear and not mesh as I've seen some people do. The clear visor really enhances the illusion of the nothing behind the Spartan Chops with just your face there. Well done!

Cheers mate , I've done a bit of 'home testeing' and there was very very little fogging , it's bl****y cold in the Uk at the moment so I stuck it out side for a bit then put it on and tried to 'huff' it up by breathing out quite hard and there was only a small amount of fogging . When it's on as i moved around I could feel a quite noticeable draft on my lover face . As to vision no effect at all , when its on the top row of holes are just below half way up my nose so not a problem , have to say I've only tried it out around the house but it feels like I haven't got any googles on , could really get use to it !

Edited by druid799

well heres my own DIY helmet effort,

After hunting around for a little while for a Genuine 2001 in a size medium and getting quite frustrated at A,the cost, B the availabilty , i decided to make my own, using my Gentex ACH as the base, and generally give it an overhaul to bring it a little more up to date (any excuse to buy new stuff tongue.png )

heres how it was,

p1010164s.jpg

p1010167h.jpg

30 minutes of workshop time and another hour or so to give it a new lick of paint and some new parts comprising of...

Ops-Core X-Harness

DIY velcro kit

VIP strobe

Norotos Universal shroud

Norotos AKA2

heres how it turned out, Not 100% bang on accurate to the genuine 2001 cut, but im pretty pleased with the results,

p1010746k.jpg

p1010747o.jpg

p1010748j.jpg

p1010749w.jpg

p1010750rq.jpg

And yes, it looks new and shiny, because it is tongue.png

I find they do. Bare in mind though that they do not currently produce an "Asian Fit" for that particular goggle yet, so if you're Asian and have a typical flatter face per most Asian fit eye pro, these might not be suitable for you. If you have a standard shaped face, you'll probably be good to go.