Helmet Pictures

i have also noticed on the boogies, if you have a pronounced brow ridge, the boogies tend to get picked up by it after a squint. you put them on and its fine, but then you squint and then return to normal and the boogies are now an inch up higher.

i noticed this on the people i let try them on. about a quarter of them.

im only saying to try them on before you buy them.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i have also noticed on the boogies, if you have a pronounced brow ridge, the boogies tend to get picked up by it after a squint. you put them on and its fine, but then you squint and then return to normal and the boogies are now an inch up higher.

i noticed this on the people i let try them on. about a quarter of them.

im only saying to try them on before you buy them.

I have noticed this as well, I find that after some game play they do ride up on my face. However it may just be a 1/4 inch or so... I'm going to give them some more play time before making a concrete judgment one way or the other.

Good effort!

Eh, I liked it better before. Not to be too critical since your helmet is still pretty sweet but I liked the VAS/wilcox combo way better, and the cut job doesn't really look like a factory 2001. The corners are too sharp.

Very impressive Mr Pie , am liking the 'chop' job . Top effort good Sir !

Thanks for the comments guys, good and bad lol, im pleased with the result.

My Boogies only rode up when I wore them with a cap. A helmet puts a stop to that, and with the Velcro/shock cord straps I can even let them sit a little loose to help with comfort/fogging. My only wish would be a non-mirrored and less tinted version of the Ignitor lens--it's way too dark for MOUT.

I've been having really bad fogging issues with mine. I already removed the regulator system, but they're still fogging almost the second I put them on. I'm going to go get some of that Cat ###### or whatever it's called, but anything else I can do?

How are the ignitors over the standard shaded? I have then in both clear and shaded already and love them, a few cuts in the foam and no fog.

I prefer the Ignitor for the improved contrast. They're about the same light transmission level as the shaded, which to me is too dark for indoor/outdoor transitions. I'm just really spoiled by the practically perfect rose copper ESS lenses.

I'd like to try the LOPRO regulator, but they look a little tall to fit between my helmet and mesh mask.

I've been having really bad fogging issues with mine. I already removed the regulator system, but they're still fogging almost the second I put them on. I'm going to go get some of that Cat ###### or whatever it's called, but anything else I can do?

I haven't used any antifog, but haven't had any issues since I started wearing them slightly looser. Maybe I'll try some notches in the foam too.

How about one of these? http://www.actionfans.net/

• 2 weeks later...

Usually I do ok at ID'ing Russian helmets, but this one has me stumped. Can anyone ID the helmet, mount, or rails? This is real, not a replica.

The suspension on the inside looks like RBR, but that's all I've got...these aren't my photos and I won't have any additional info for a while. Source is out on a trip.

post-41937-0-38125900-1355714724_thumb.jpg

post-41937-0-68716300-1355714733_thumb.jpg

post-41937-0-34190200-1355714745_thumb.jpg

post-41937-0-59054100-1355714775_thumb.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

trying to make a fictional loadout using alpenflage and giving a modern ish loadout impression

helmet_zps2978b5a1.jpg

helmets mostly for show or mounting my go-pro

will stick some velcro on it.

what do you guys recommend for making it look awesome in the most cost effective way possibly! i was thinking light-sticks but they are a bit out of date these days what with e-lites etc

i was thinking of bolting some g36 rails on the sides

I don't really see the point of having both a strobe and chemlights on the helmet. The chemlights can be stored elsewhere in a more low profile manner rather than sticking off the helmet. I don't see the need for the bungees either, but to each his own. 

It's funny to see that rails and all sorts of accessories are becoming popular for helmets right at the same time that people are finally getting out of that fad for the guns themselves as more stripped down rails like the troy trx, KAC urx III, and midwest industries rails are becoming popular. Honestly, I can't think of a single accessory that mounts to an arc rail that isn't able to simply be hard mounted directly to the edge of the helmet either via clamping over the edge, or by velcro. In almost all cases the non arc rail option is more low profile. This isn't meant as a rip on anyone's helmet in particular, just an observation I have made. In fact, my helmet even has rails on it, simply because it is for a specific impression, and because I like the airframe cover.