Helmet Pictures

If you fit a medium mich2000/ACH then you should be fine. I have a moderately small noggin and it works for me, but it could go a bit larger. Also, if absolutely necessary, there is a bit of overlap between the two pieces of the shell and you could expand it a bit to create a little more room.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My Ops Core FAST Carbon with an Angry Bird LOL:

494FF590-0343-434E-B97C-1CC8FA60B502-802

- OPS-Core FAST Carbon (Tan)

- OPS-Core VAS Shroud

- First Spear Hybrid Helmet Cover

- Norotos AKA2 Mount

- Wilcox J-Arm

- ITI PVS-14 Pinnacle

- MS-2000 Beacon

- Princeton-tec Switch MPLS (IR/White)

- SmithOptics Elite Boogie Regulators w/ Bungee kit

Edited by Noveske

Does anyone have any advice on the merson FAST helmet sizing? Are they fairly acommodating for us big headed people?

Also I notice Emerson make a mesh multicam cover for the FAST, anyone tried one? Are they any good as obviously they are much cheaper than the Ops Core Hybrid cover etc.

Does anyone have any advice on the merson FAST helmet sizing? Are they fairly acommodating for us big headed people?

Also I notice Emerson make a mesh multicam cover for the FAST, anyone tried one? Are they any good as obviously they are much cheaper than the Ops Core Hybrid cover etc.

Emerson's typically equate to about a m/l in the OpsCore sizing. If you've got a bigger melon, you might consider an FMA or DragonRed as they run more like an l/xl.

As for the mesh covers, if you're on Facebook, look up Matthews Tactical. He's making custom covers that are of excellent quality at very reasonable prices. Our whole team will soon be sporting them in m81 woodland.

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

I have the Emerson cover on my airframe and my mate has the genuine crye cover , have to say the difference in colour is marginal . I also cut and re-stitched it over the gap between the two shells to match the crye .

Any chance of popping a pic of it up? Also I can't find a vendor for the Emerson Airframe cover anywhere on the net :(

Emerson's typically equate to about a m/l in the OpsCore sizing. If you've got a bigger melon, you might consider an FMA or DragonRed as they run more like an l/xl.

As for the mesh covers, if you're on Facebook, look up Matthews Tactical. He's making custom covers that are of excellent quality at very reasonable prices. Our whole team will soon be sporting them in m81 woodland.

Sent from my totally sexy, Android powered, IPod killing, Samsung Galaxy S3 ;-)

Thanks for the sizing advice, have just ordered a FMA version so we will see how it fits on arrival!!

Making the rail mount lower profile would be a good move. It drives me nuts how not low profile the Contour ARC rail mount is. And the home brew solutions I've seen people do to adapt regular Ops-Core mounts haven't been the strongest and most reliable applications from my experience.

MightyMints has been using velcro, I'm giving 3M dual lock a shot when I get back home.

I tried some 3M velcro on mine ... while it wouldn't fly off it didn't seem particularly steady. Running around yielded some shaky footage.

guess you've never used dual lock, its not really velcro, simmilar in concept but not the same.

Sorry to resurrect a long since dead conversation. But did you end up having any success with the dual lock? I recently looked into dual lock again and it doesn't appear to work with regular loop velcro. So if your helmet has loop velcro already on it (as do most airframes, ops core helmets, and associated helmet covers) installing dual lock onto the contour camera shouldn't work (unless you discovered differently). I personally use 3M Velcro Hook on the inside face of the contour camera and stick that to the helmet's loop velcro. However like I experienced before, the camera would still rock a little with rigorous movement. So I installed some loop velcro onto the outside face of the contour camera and arc rail and then had a length of velcro hook wrap over the entire camera strapping it down securely to the helmet. It works, but I'd like to believe there's a more elegant and low profile solution than that.

What do the rest of you guys do for contour camera mounting if you don't wish to use the arc rails?

Dual-lock only interfaces with dual-lock, so you would have to add it to your helmet as well.

In the army we used it for all sorts of hi-tech *suitcase*, but I opted against using it for my contour.

Instead, I've got a Contour Low-Pro Mount on my Comtacs.

For FAST helmet sizing, the Dragon Red Premium version is the largest Ops-Core replica I've handled to date.

Here's a comparison shot of the Dragon Red Premium FAST Ballistic and the TMC AirFrame:

OISjNa5.jpg

Here's my Dragon Red FAST with a Crye Precision AirFrame Helmet Cover in Medium:

BAHMXmR.jpg

-Ex

I picked this ACM MICH (was advertised as a 2000 but am I right in thinking it's a 2001?) from my local site forum and decided that it needed a splash of colour as I thought black wasn't the best colour for it. I used Halfords kahki, green and brown camouflage rattle cans

E62D8191-8E48-48FD-88EF-8322F2D4CEAA-1204B3E51B5-4D2F-4400-A338-85E008D117D5-120

A54D2D9F-B01A-4B87-A169-9A8ADEA427E1-120CE5B0544-3608-403F-9ECA-CF0242322BF3-120

It certainly looks more like a MICH 2001 than a MICH 2000, although it isn't really surprising to hear that it was 'mis-labelled' as I've seen these being sold on websites listed as 2000s when they're clearly not (a dead giveaway is that the ACH ARC rails weren't designed with the 2001 in mind so they don't really seem to fit).

Guys, it's a mich 2001 replica with FAST helmet arc rails, hence the weird look. Ops core makes Arc rails for the mich helmets and they fit just fine on the 2000, 2001, and 2002. MSA also made Arc rails for the mich series helmets before the production rights were sold to ops core. These ones have a slightly different shape than the ops core mich version. The FAST helmet has a totally different cut so that the rails are not even compatible with any mich helmets, hence the extra holes drilled in cheap replicas that use the FAST type rails.

For reference

MSA mich rails

http://i846.photobucket.com/albums/ab25/greygroupcommunity/Ops-Core%20X%20Nape%20with%20Supreme%20Pro/DSC_0012.jpg

Ops core mich rails

http://www.elitedefense.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/600x600/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/o/2/o23.jpg

FAST helmet rails

http://soldiersystems.net/blog1/wp-content/uploads/2010/10/Peltor-ARC-Kit.jpg

I'm looking for a ops core for my big melon and decided on the DragonRedAirsoft one. Can someone confirm the site is reliable, because I can find little information about it and some of it is bad (but dated 2008.http://www.airsoftforum.com/board/Dragonred-Airsoft-t97508.html )?

Also can someone comment on the difference between the basic and premium version? If you have seen both in person.