Helmet Pictures

I and others I know well have ordered multiple times on multiple occasions from DragonRedAirsoft and never had any problems over the course of the last couple years. That is of course purely our opinion based off our first hand experience, but my friend ordered off the site a week or two ago and already received his helmet which he said arrived safe and sound and it was a painless transaction. So that seems pretty current.

From what I recall of the basic vs. premium version helmets, the difference is mostly to do with the materials used, thickness of materials and overall quality. For example, the "ballistic" premium type helmet they sell is dimensionally quite accurate compared to the RS M/L ballistic helmet and that is in large part thanks to the fact that the premium ballistic replica actually has a thick shell like the real helmet. The premium helmets are very decent replicas, but are only available AFAIK through DragonRedAirsoft. To be honest, unless you must have one of the premium replicas, if you elect to buy a cheaper replica there are a lot of retailers that sell the cheaper version.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I and others I know well have ordered multiple times on multiple occasions from DragonRedAirsoft and never had any problems over the course of the last couple years...

Thanks. I have the money for the premium so I'll order one. Just have to decide between the Carbon and Ballistic style.

This is the FMA one. It has a bit more color to it in certain lights. The other alternative is the Emerson G24, which is just basic silver with tan bits.

-Ex

How is the build quality on the FMA? Wobble or solid?

Have you tried if a real dovetail would fit? :)

Minor updates to my bump lid, purely for airsoft functionality:

gear3.JPG

The SF helmet light mount is bolted directly to the rail for a lower profile. The headset has the straps removed and is screwed directly into the helmet from the inside. The padding on the earpiece has also been removed, allowing the speaker to float over the ear without impeding hearing or causing discomfort. Looks like I can further simplify things by replacing the left side mask strap with a simple bit of Velcro on the bottom loop of the headset. Still planned:

Element/Z Tac mic light

Homemade version of the planned Oakley eye shield

Where did you get the glasses/goggles from? It's what I am after.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...