Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's on eBay as a British Army AFV G1 helmet, but further searching with those terms brings up a completely different helmet.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BRITISH-ARMY-SURPLUS-G1-GREEN-HELMET-SCALP-PROTECTIVE-TACTICAL-AFV-PROTECTION-/320980395937?pt=UK_Collectables_Militaria_LE&hash=item4abbec27a1

On the label inside (which is an Army style one) it says Helmet, scalp protective.

Picked it up for £10 IIRC. Just curious what the hell it actually is. :D

TMC Airframe*

Team Wendy ZAP Pads

Ops-Core H-Nape S/M

Crye Precision Airframe Rails

Crye Precision Airframe Helmet Cover Medium

Wilcox L4 Three Hole Shroud

Princeton Tec Charge Pro

Contour ROAM2 w/ Ops-Core Contour ARC Rail Mount

ExplosiveOps Gear Battery/Admin Pouch

FMA L4G24*

FMA Manta Strobe*

AxWyJPk.jpg

P2sYBAP.jpg

cDvS2aX.jpg

vI9RHWB.jpg

TMC AirFrame, first airsoft helmet I've actually put any effort in to.  The first one I ever bought (MICH 2000) wobbled about so damn much it entirely put me off, but this things sits extremely securely in place.

Usual gubbins attached outside, stuff to go on the rails etc is here but waiting on some final pieces to join it all together.  Taken long enough to build since I've had since release but getting most Crye stuff here is a PITA (that or just eye-wateringly extortionate).

IMG_1952_zps0ae769e6.jpg

IMG_1958_zps88324d28.jpg

IMG_1963_zps941fd6ef.jpg

Almost a shame I had to paint it because the standard plastic was actually really nice, matte khaki colour.  But the marks where the moulding was injected/snapped away were setting off my CDO and I didn't want to have to always run a cover.

TMC AirFrame, first airsoft helmet I've actually put any effort in to.  The first one I ever bought (MICH 2000) wobbled about so damn much it entirely put me off, but this things sits extremely securely in place.

Coming along nicely, CKinnerley!

I just finished my second Airframe build. This one I intend to use for a MARSOC kit.

1sRlJ7X.jpg

The visor is meant for a specific helmet, not the FAST bump, so it would need custom brackets for the hinge points.  All I've done is pry the foam lining at the front of my FAST bump out and wedge the lens firmly between that and the outer shell.  There's no "seal" at the bottom, so an overscrupulous game official could disallow it on that basis, but due to the size of the visor and overlap with my face mask there's no path a BB could take to reach an eye.  I'd have no qualms using it IF the lens was capable of stopping BBs, and to that end I bought a spare for destructive testing.   

I was going to test it all the way up to 3J, but a .25g BB at 1.2 joules went through like butter, leaving a nice round hole.  Two more rounds shattered the the Emerson visor into several pieces:  

IMAG0234.jpg

I can't say I was shocked, but plenty of cheap polycarb eyepro is made in China, there're really no excuse for marketing something this dangerous to airsofters.  I guess I'll be looking at motorcycle helmet visors now.  

Edited by kojak