Helmet Pictures

It's an ops core fast ballistic helmet, and even with the nvg mounted on it remains quite stable and remains steady when your moving around. Adjusting the the straps and liner on this helmet is quick and easy.

My previous helmet was a large msa mich 2000 and I never could get it to feel comfortable with my sordins on due to my wide *albatross* head, I'm happy to say that its no longer a problem with the fast ballistic helmet. Having my NVG Mounted on that thing was awful and awkward at best, I wish I had gotten the Head Loc Retention H-Nape so I can compare the stability between the two, but compared to a stock mich helmet its a world of difference in terms of comfort and stability.

The Price is a bit expensive at first glance, but given how hard and costly it is to get a msa mich 2001 helmet, and you would still have to spend an additional $200 to upgrade it with ops core hardware to get the same stability and versatility.

At this point im considering attaching my ms2000 strobe onto the back and maybe some velcro on the sides for an IR Flag and an IR Square, but then again I like it the way it is right now without any additional bulk.

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Decided to tweak my project a bit, getting rid of as much repro as possible..

Trying to decide what comms/active ear-pro I'll be getting for it, currently looking at some Sordin Supreme Pro-Xs - thoughts?

normal_P4143584.jpg

normal_P4143585.jpg

normal_P4143586.jpg

normal_P4143587.jpg

normal_P4143588.jpg

normal_P4143589.jpg

- SWAT brand replica TC-2001 shell, sanded down and repainted with NFM EC-Paint OD

- Team Wendy "ZAP" replacement pads

- OPS-Core X-Harness w/ mounting hardware

- Goggle Retention straps, velcroed to the lid

- Streamlight Sidewinder Strobe w/ velcro and zip-ties

- MICH 2001 NVG Bracket w/ Retention strap and Rhino arm

- Bollé X800s

- PETZL Tactikka

Pondering a second helmet project now... Anyone know where to source an OPS-Core VAS NVG shroud that will ship abroad?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How are you finding the head band and the helmet with them sordins, do they fit ok, comfortable ect?. Il be getting some libs pretty soon, but i dont know if i should go for over the head or behind the head.

Well, I've rearranged the pads and removed the circular one, so there's a 'channel' for the headband to go trhough... I don't really notice it tbh.

With the X-harness suspension system I have, I don't think the rear headband solution would work at all either way...

Nor have I ever tried one, so I can't really compare them for you.

In short: Headband in a pad-fitted helmet is not a problem at all.

I think il play it safe and got for over the head. I cant seem to find any reviews of BTH bands or many pictures. Im planning to do what you have done basically. Replica mich 2001/2 (cant deside which i perfer) and replace any pads and harness with ops core ones. Thanks for the fast reply.