Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

crappy pic but nice lid. Is th rhino arm real deal or is it replica? does it throw the weight of the helmet off terribly?

I'll probably be picking up a protec helmet in the near future and I really cant decide between the newer ACE style and the older classic.

curiosity question for you guys about the protec Aace and wake:

Any issues running comtac/etc with them?

http://www.protechelmet.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4811931HSmil

they (not them) do a version with cut outs, worth it?

after my last night game where I hit my noggin twice on tree branches I'm picking up a bucket for special Fred here.

Also, whats the current trend in NVG mounts, moved away from the old strap on mounts towards the screwed on shrouds, with arm only on it when you are going green?

Thanks,

KM

@km, current trend i suppose depends on the look your going for...army look then it would be the standard arm and mount seen on the above protec for example. for marines and force recon you can go for the norotos shroud/mount 3 hole version or (standard mount??). Seals would be wilcox mounts, anvis (old skool helmets on mp.net show them with the retention strap model). For CAGDELTAFACESHOOTEROMG!!!111!! then you can go anvis (like skyflash, mrk, mysl1 for example). Rangers, anvis, 1 hole norotos...

you can all of these on ebay and for the standard arm you can get repro off ebaybanned etc...

i hope this helps, im sure others will correct me or add to it....

:)

curiosity question for you guys about the protec Aace and wake:

Any issues running comtac/etc with them?

http://www.protechelmet.com/proddetail.asp?prod=4811931HSmil

they (not them) do a version with cut outs, worth it?

"worth it" is a little subjective... ;) I just cut mine myself pretty easily. I had to cut it to fit my headset and the foam as well.

The mich itself is a relica (bar the pads and harness) and so is the surefire HL.

Its just held on by tension, the clips on the inside of the mount catch the inside lip of the lid then you screw the bolt into the bottom of the mount until its tight agaist the helmet.

I'm not really the best at explaining stuff but if the above doesnt help I can take a photo of how its mounted.