Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

helmet1n.jpg

helmet2a.jpg

This is what I call "What you get when you combine a statutory holiday and two cans of spraypaint". I don't think it's too bad considering all I started with was a Chinese OD (read: bright green) helmet cover. It sorta breaks up the outline, at least. The hessian will wear in and fray a bit with time.

A little update to my Ops-Core Carbon (formerly known as Bump) :-

- Stalker mask now integrated using the O2 single strap from Ops-Core

- Princeton Tec MPLS V2

AnakChan, that is awesome. I bet it looks quite menacing on the field.

Could anyone recommend a good helmet type to a sniper/marksman role? My initial thoughts would be to just stick to my hood, but I've been in scenarios where some head protection is quite...necessary.

A little update to my Ops-Core Carbon (formerly known as Bump) :-

- Stalker mask now integrated using the O2 single strap from Ops-Core

- Princeton Tec MPLS V2

That's awesome! So you bolted right through the stalker mask's mesh because of the attached grommits in the strap? Does the mask stay in place pretty well?

Hey guys, if you spraypaint velcro, the female side, does it still take patches and stuff after spraying?

It still works. Perhaps not quite as well as non-sprayed but still, good enough. That said, it also depends on how much you spray onto it.

That's awesome! So you bolted right through the stalker mask's mesh because of the attached grommits in the strap? Does the mask stay in place pretty well?

Yep it does. But you may notice that the straps are put pretty far forward on the mask (more than I'd like), 'cos even set at the shortest length, the straps are pretty long (designed for an O2 mask afterall). The other thing is I wished that part of the strap was at least tan rather than black.

But aside from those aesthetic nitpicking, functionality-wise it works great. I can snap it off and on easily.

P.S. B4 U ask, no the bolt on the other side of the mask doesn't rub on the cheek at all.

Edited by AnakChan

The other thing is I wished that part of the strap was at least tan rather than black.

You could make a new set using tan straps. Or spray paint the straps tan. It won't stay super tan forever, but it'll be a lot lighter shade of color than the strong contrast of black.

I absolutely love the pattern on that protec.

+1. Looks great!

P1197260.jpg

P1197262.jpg

75th RR Helmut

MSA ACH/TC 2000

- Ops-Core H-Nape

- Team Wendy ZAP Pads

- ESS Profile NVG

- ANVIS Mount & LPBP

- MS-2000(M) Strobe

P1197257.jpg

US Army SF Helmut

TC 2000 Repro

- MSA Chinstrap

- Skydex ACH Pads

- USGI ACH M81 Helmet Cover

- Petzl Tactikka

- USGI PVS-14 Mount

And at last a lid I painted for a friend, suppose it's seal-ish or something:

P1187256.jpg

TC 2000 Repro m/ repro Norotos 3-Hole

For those of you who have the Protec style helmets, did you order them from protechelmet.com? I placed an order for one almost two months ago and I haven't heard back since. I called a week after I placed the order and managed to speak with someone saying it would take another week to fill the order. Since then I've called maybe 3-4 times and emailed them twice and I haven't heard back. I feel as if I got scammed since they have my financial information. Please tell me this is some huge oversight and not a scam.

For those of you who have the Protec style helmets, did you order them from protechelmet.com? I placed an order for one almost two months ago and I haven't heard back since. I called a week after I placed the order and managed to speak with someone saying it would take another week to fill the order. Since then I've called maybe 3-4 times and emailed them twice and I haven't heard back. I feel as if I got scammed since they have my financial information. Please tell me this is some huge oversight and not a scam.

I got mine from PT Helmets, which looks to be the same outfit. They make each helmet to order, and if you aren't military you start out in the back of a long queue. If you're in a rush I think TNVC has a ready-to-ship stock of the same lids.

Brand new helmet arrived today:

MSA TC2001 3 Hole

Wilcox L2 G05 + Lanyard

S&S V Lite

Ops Core H Nape

Modded ESS Profile goggles

IMGP0036.jpg

IMGP0037.jpg

IMGP0039.jpg

IMGP0043.jpg

My other helmet

Gentex TBH

ANVIS Mount + LPBP

Surefire Helmet Light

Surefire X200

This came as is from someone from Fort Irwin, my old change has been adding my callsign patch over the IR flag he had there before I got it.

IMGP0033.jpg

IMGP0034.jpg

IMGP0035.jpg

IMGP0042.jpg