Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Based on the shape of the helmet and my head shape. There are a quite a few people out there who just don't find the Occ-Dial system comfortable, regardless I don't think a different suspension system would make the FAST as comfortable as the Airframe.

Edited by frogfish

That's a pretty cool lid, guy.

Thanks!

What is that? a MICH?

LATCH Helmet. A replica of the Ops-Core FAST Ballistic.

Correct

I like that - can we get those in the US?

Yup that looks very similar, but the finish looks slightly different to how mine was when stock.

The latch is different but that's the FAST Ballistic clone people have been waiting on.

As per above, it's a LATCH, which is designed to be a copy of the FAST Ballistic.

Also frogfish..... AirFrame = Fap

Very jealous :(

Edited by Scuffer

As per above.....

Actually Kojak did not link a LATCH, he linked the FAST ballistic clone on DRA... They are both very similar but there are minor differences that allow the LATCH to skate by Ops-Core's international trademarks and patents that a majority of the EU follows.

How's the ventilation?

Quite nice actually. Not something I notice too much right now, as I don't rock a high and tight, and I have a gloriously thick head of hair (my hair is thick...not my head..).

Edited by frogfish

Quite nice actually. Not something I notice too much right now, as I don't rock a high and tight, and I have a gloriously thick head of hair (my hair is thick...not my head..).

Hahaha, I see. I read a little about the design and it seemed pretty good, I had wondered a little about the logic in leaving a gap in the helmet before, but it doesn't seem like so much of an issue anymore.

Well the gap has multiple benefits, for airsoft it gives ventilation, for RS it allows for greater dissipation of impact force. The gap is also situated as such that it would be sheer luck if a round or shrapnel made it into it. I will say the guy I got mine from was selling it as his life insurance wouldn't pay out if he took head trauma with it on, so it's not something you'll see commonly as compared to MICH half shells or with some groups FAST Ballistics.

Well the gap has multiple benefits, for airsoft it gives ventilation, for RS it allows for greater dissipation of impact force. The gap is also situated as such that it would be sheer luck if a round or shrapnel made it into it. I will say the guy I got mine from was selling it as his life insurance wouldn't pay out if he took head trauma with it on, so it's not something you'll see commonly as compared to MICH half shells or with some groups FAST Ballistics.

Huh, that's interesting about the insurance.

I think that if a round did manage to make it in there, it wouldn't cause any damage necessarily either, just follow the curve of the internals of the Helmet and shoot out the front.

Why have two V-lites and the Manta strobe as well?

I saw a post somewhere else where someone said that a guy he knew who was SOF of some sort said that their guys were using the V-lites, two on the back, one blue and one red. I guess to show which way they're facing, but I don't quite get it; wouldn't that just give away your position?