Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After sitting on a massive stash of genuine reversible Marpat for ages, thought id make a helmet cover for my AF,needs a bit of tweaking but what do you think?

p1000686c.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

p1000684x.jpg

p1000685qa.jpg

Edited by Jimmypie

Done the other one last night, the folds in the cover came out a little different to the first, i need to change out the bungee for od or black, and waiting on the velcro to arrive,

p1000688z.jpg

p1000689l.jpg

p1000690ls.jpg

p1000691cx.jpg

p1000692c.jpg

also waiting on some MC mesh/scrim to do my Opscore lid, hopefully next week :)

The seams on the second one came out different because I was trying to find an easier or quicker way of doing it, the first one tok a couple of hours, second one a bit less, the helmet has to be stripped right down to the shell, a rough pattern cut for each half , I used double sided carpet tape on the inside rim , fold and stick the fabric into position, mark all the bolt/ fixing points, punch the holes then start putting it ack together, pulling the fabric tight as you do it, once it's assembled, then I trimmed up any excess material, and taped up the inner rim with 100mph tape.

So it's not a cover that can just be pulled on and off, which for me is fine as I don't really see the need for a "quick change" cover. I think the close fitting is a nicer finish.

Cryes mesh cover I think has a bit of stretch to it, but obviously covers the whole thing in one, losing te shape a little, never mind the price!!!

It's a bit different, and individual, which I like :)

Emerson (I think) Base Jump copy

+ Bit of paint

Image0145%20(Custom).jpg

Counter balance bag/pouch rigged up to the back. I use it to carry spare cr123a batteries and spare Contour HD batteries/memory cards.

Image0148%20(Custom).jpg

And now setup with comms

Image0181%20(Custom).jpg

Image0178%20(Custom).jpg

Emerson Base Jump helmet

Blue force gear pouch (rigged up as counter weight)

Petzl adapt mount

Peltor arc rail kit

MSA Sordin Supreme Pro IV

Now just needs a Contour low profile mount, and move the petzl mount as it's the way of where I'm going to put the Contour

Err not that simple.

Had to cut the leather headband as the cable between ears is captivated. And also cut the heat shrink that attaches the cable to the wire frame. Those bits can't be undone, unless you decide to resolder one end. Nothing major though.

Also modified the plastic clips on the Peltor arms to fit the Sordin pivots. (was a chance to use my new Mill :rolleyes:)

You have to partially disassembly the cups (not that difficult) to fit, but a little fiddly.

Problem now is I've got 4 more sets to do, damn team mates

Cryes mesh cover I think has a bit of stretch to it, but obviously covers the whole thing in one, losing te shape a little, never mind the price!!!

It's a bit different, and individual, which I like :)

You keep the shape of the helmet (if that's what you meant) with Crye's cover too. It's a segmented design.

Edited by Lizzard