Helmet Pictures

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone know if you can wear a bowman style headset with a protec without it being uncomfortable/not working?

I ride a motorbike and frequently wear both while out on the bike. It's doable, but I need to have the earcup sit as low as possible in order the get the Protec to sit comfortably. It's not perfect, but not entirely comfortable, either.

• 4 weeks later...
Messing about with my helmet for a bit... bored...

Something kinda turned out to be a decent solution :P

(clicky for larger pictures)

The light looks really cool, what is it?

Anyone have a recommendation on a quality replica MICH 2001? I was thinking about the V-Tech ones.

My V-tech is pretty good. when i shaved down the inside to make more room for my libs it actually looked and smelt more like fiber glass rather then ABS. Its got a nice wieght to it and include the pads rather then the suspension system that some come with. The adjustment straps are wank though and i highly recommend swapping them for the ops-core (i highly recomment the ops-core straps to everyone) straps. Plus they come with the sopmod NVG mount.

For $32 you cant go that wrong ;)

Edited by msx361
  • 1 month later...

My MICH 2000

IMG_0232.jpg

IMG_0231.jpg

I think it's a size large, as it is very big for me, though I'm using standard cheap airsoft pads. I might want to get rid of it as I don't use it, but I'm starting to collect helmets(three so far :P ).

It's more "battle worn" now. I also have an ACU cover, and the Army foliage green straps to it.

• 4 weeks later...

My latest helmet. First try to make a Snakeskin pattern. Quite hard to get it nice, but I'm pleased with how it turned out. I used the worst goggles I had for a try to cut the straps and velcro them to the helmet instead.

mich2002b.jpg

mich2002a.jpg

SWAT MICH 2002

ACM 3-hole Norotos

Nameband

Unknown Goggles

Added and reworked quite a few things since the last time I posted (although cosmetically it is pretty similar)

First up, devised a new lanyard thingmajig for the Rhino arm.

- Loop of shock cord tied and melted at the base of the USGI mount.

- Paracord tied and melted, then taped over at the base of the Rhino arm, hook tied in and melted over at end of the lanyard.

Hooks and unhooks fasts and can surprisingly hold weights far heavier than a real PVS-14 w/ Arm :)

Also, added a rather large amount of velcro in the shell (from a pad upgrade kit) to have the lid properly mate with the velcro on my headset hadband cover.

Works great!

Got some tinted lenses for my x800s the other day, the rest you should be able to figure out on your own :)

PC194895.jpgPC194898.jpg

PC194901.jpgPC194896.jpg

Edited by Pkekyo-Nor
My V-tech is pretty good. when i shaved down the inside to make more room for my libs it actually looked and smelt more like fiber glass rather then ABS. Its got a nice wieght to it and include the pads rather then the suspension system that some come with. The adjustment straps are wank though and i highly recommend swapping them for the ops-core (i highly recomment the ops-core straps to everyone) straps. Plus they come with the sopmod NVG mount.

For $32 you cant go that wrong ;)

$32? I've only been able to find them from HK retailers, and the price is like $90 shipped to the US...

I might just have to settle for one of those Condor ones Evike carries.

http://www.airsoftglobal.com/index.php?cPa...p;filter_id=211 $32 here not sure what shipping is the the us but it wasnt bad to the uk for the size of the box it had to come in. My friend got one the other day and his straps broke straight away lol.

Edited by msx361
http://www.airsoftglobal.com/index.php?cPa...p;filter_id=211 $32 here not sure what shipping is the the us but it wasnt bad to the uk for the size of the box it had to come in. My friend got one the other day and his straps broke straight away lol.

Yeah I found them on EBB with free shipping for $60 or so, but after I got a Condor one... Oh well.

Going to replace the pads and straps, any suggestions from anyone? I was thinking OPS-Core.

OPS-Core X-Harnesses is the best you can get imo.

And also, I've found some pad sets from Wendy Inc. LLC that are absolutely fantastic!

No idea where to get them or about their ballistic properties though, but with regards to comfort and fit they're absolutely brilliant.

I will be running both of the aforementioned products in every damn helmet I get :)

OPS CORE...OPS CORE...OPS CORE

YEAH...Ops core straps are the ish! I and msx361 have the H-style harness. The quick slide attachment is awesome, especially when donning on and off over headsets. Im sure Pkekyo-Nor finds this a good thing too with the X style. The material is strong and light and really soft (no homo) on your neck!

As a company, I was in email contact with them for several weeks and they were absolutely brilliant. I even rang them (they sounded surprised to hear a brit voice) and they were great.

Defo get ops core!

Oh the ZAP style pads. Okay I know which you're talking about. The EPIC system is their new pad system they're developing, and I think it's only available to LE right now (not approved for military use at this time). It certainly looks interesting, though:

http://soldiersystems.net/tag/team-wendy/

(Past the post about knee/elbow pads)