G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

I hope these aren't based on the WA. I'm glad that GBB assault rifles are being produced and for pretty cheap in most cases, but for the love of god stop copying the WA!

I wouldn't mind a few more original models either. Understandably M4s are popular and it's "safe" to make them, but if you were to make an MP5 or a G3 or something along the lines you would have zero competition for at least a while.

G&P - WOC SR16 URX

Description:

Magazine Capacity: 50

Length: 770mm / 850mm

Built Material: Metal & ABS & PA

134A Gas Muzzle Velocity: 285-295fps (0.9J)(0.25bb)

(Room Temperature 20 degress)

Included:

- WA SR15 URX E3 Metal Body (WP73)

- WA SR16 URX Front Set (Long) (WP86)

- WA M4A1 Steel Outer Barrel (WP19)

- WA M4A1 Spare Magazine (50rds)

- Knight's Type Front Sight (GP555)

- Military 600m Flip Up Rear Sight (GP254)

- WA M16A2 Grip (Black) (WP44B)

- WA Extended Stock QD Sling Mount (WP55)

- WA M4A1 6 Position Sliding Buttstock (Black) (WP61B)

- WA Hammer Set (WP11)

- WA Knight's Type Trigger Guard (WP66)

- WA M4 Steel Sear (WP33)

- WA M4 Bearing Hammer Pin Set (WP34)

- WA Steel Bolt Stop (WP51)

- WA SPR Type Cocking Handle (WP52)

- WA M4 Hammer Lock (WP57)

- WA Steel Magazine Catch (WP65)

- WA Steel Selector (WP69)

- WA Steel Forward Assist (WP76)

- WA M4 Aluminum Buffer (WP81A)

- RIS Grip (Black) (GP033)

- RIS Rail Cover (Black) x 2 (GP032B)

- 30mm Reflex Extension Mount

- Military Type 30mm Red Dot Sight (GP121)

from airsoft-war4.com

Edited by le petit chaperon rouge

Aww that kills it

-1. Bury.

Every single person I know who has the WA has had crippling problems with it, versus the half-priced WE, where complaints include "Doesn't stop on last round" and "Mag is slightly leaky sometimes" G&P label would promise a better, not-so-artifically-inflated price, but if it uses the same parts, the problems will be the same!

Edited by Involved6
So it's not G&P really then? Is it just a custom modified WA with G&P bits sold as a G&P?

Same thing as the G&P M870 Series... Maruzen CA870 externals with G&P upgrade parts.

EDIT: Anyone bother checking the G&P website?

http://www.gp-web.com/en/products.php?cid=...&bid=WOC_AG

Edited by junior

Hey all, apologies for not posting earlier today with the redwolf account, was busy with other releases. And well... i'm not technically at work right now...

P.S. ~ I own a WA M4 myself so I can accurately provide you guys with this info, plus i';m, the lucky ###### that does the descriptions for RW products :P (apologies for my occasional errors ><"), so yes, i have played with ALL the G&P M4 GBBs... ^^

anyhow, here's a brief description, more like a summary before we post the products up on the RW website tomorrow... (the actually description will be a bit more long winded, and grammatically more correct, so dont worry!)

The G&P M4 GBB series is in all essentials the WA M4, only fully upgraded. It is fully combat ready straight out of the box, as in, shove in BBs and Gas, and you're all good to go. The bolt movement is much smoother than the Stock WA, as a new hammer assembly with a bearing pin has been installed. What that is, is that a little bearing is inserted into the the top of the hammer, and what it does is, when the hammer is cocked, the bearing reduces the friction between the Bolt Carrier and the hammer itself, making the blowback much smoother.

At, 18degrees C initial muzzle velocity with 0.25g bbs

HFC134a = 290fps (0.98J)

Top Gas = 380fps (1.68J)

Red Gas = over the legal limit in HK, and well, i'm not supposed to say :P

The entire internal assembly has been replaced with brand new G&P WA steel parts, so when the PGC CO2 magazines are released later on, the G&P M4s will be able to use them. The rear stock has a very nice fit and doesnt wobble at all, whilst the full metal body is very nicely crafted.

edit:

Does it fits with AEG's RIS?

like the WA M4, it fits AEG RIS/RAS sets fine, though the G&P M4 already comes stock with an RIS unit (depending which one you get). Personally i prefer to fit real steel M4 parts on it... for example, i have a CAA G27 pistol grip on my WA M4, and my friend has a Daniel Defense front set on it (no modifications necessary for them to fit ^^ ).

Note:

I've actually fired 5 full mags from the G&P straight out the box, and hadnt experienced any problems whatsoever. No Jams, no *suitcasey* hopup, no barrel wobble, nothing that will cripple your gun (unlike my stock WA M4 i purchased when it first came out :( )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is personal data i've collected from skirmishing in my own time, so everything i say from here has nothign to do with Redwolf (yes a small and crappy disclaimer):

Every single person I know who has the WA has had crippling problems with it, versus the half-priced WE, where complaints include "Doesn't stop on last round" and "Mag is slightly leaky sometimes" G&P label would promise a better, not-so-artifically-inflated price, but if it uses the same parts, the problems will be the same!

Crippling problems? maybe, very annoying definately, but only with the stock WA, especially since only the first batch has been released so far. What i can tell you is that the WE is much much worse.. and the crippling problems, is much much more expensive to fix.

An example of what happened, Yesterday, Sunday Jan 12th 2009, in a very nice 120persons wargame, (with the RW Photographer, who is a good friend of mine) were both using slightly modified WA M4's at relatively low temperatures for HK (13-16 degrees) had absolutely no problems with our M4s (internally on the Hop-up chamber and the bolt catch had been changed).

We had clocked our WA M4 CQB-R's (with 0.25g bbs at 13 degrees in the morn) in at:

HFC134a: 244fps / 0.69J

Top/Green Gas: 254fps / 0.75J

We had to change mags every 10rds or so due to the cool down, but no probs other than that during the day for our WAs.

a couple of hours in, back at the rest zone, we found a guy who was having problems with his WE, thus we offered to give him a hand. he had a WE M4, modded into an SPR, and it had a jam he couldnt seem to fix. Upon opening the upper receiver, we found that the entire brass chamber had been twisted horribly out of shape, i mean, imagine you were twisting a wet piece of rag to drain the water from it... now, replace the rag with the brass chamber, thats what it looked like. How that happened, we have no bloody idea, but according to him, he was just happily plinking away when it jammed...

I've heard and talked to ppl with similar complaints in the past few weeks, but this was the first time i've actually seen it myself. So when compared to the WA, the WE is much worse IMHO. Where the WA can be repaired by simply swapping out the F***ed up bits really quickly, you cant do the same thing with the WE... (yet?) I mean, yes, the WE is cheaper than the WA, but i'd prefer quality over price.

If you want something very very reliable, i'd highly recommend the G&P M4 GBBs, hell, i'm actually considering just selling off my WA to get the G&P, but then again Clarence Lai (CL / Airsoft Surgeon) had worked on it, and now is shooting perfectly, so maybe not :P (i'd have asked you to work on it Sauli, but you weren't around <_< ).

anyhow, i better get back to CoD5, as well... Nazi's dont kill themselves you know!

Edited by malavern
I've heard and talked to ppl with similar complaints in the past few weeks, but this was the first time i've actually seen it myself. So when compared to the WA, the WE is much worse IMHO. Where the WA can be repaired by simply swapping out the F***ed up bits really quickly, you cant do the same thing with the WE... (yet?) I mean, yes, the WE is cheaper than the WA, but i'd prefer quality over price.

I didn't get all the details, but im entirely positive that 1, if not 2 of the people I know with the WA had their hopups break from regular use.

I generally say that "what am best gun" arguments are a waste of time. I buy clones, so I'm quite familiar with the "I'd rather pay for quality" arguments that I have to endure every time I talk about an AEG or GBB that has many kills against people wielding guns twice or three times their value, all still in perfect working order.

Best of luck with the WA! Keep an eye on the hop-up ;)

a couple of hours in, back at the rest zone, we found a guy who was having problems with his WE, thus we offered to give him a hand. he had a WE M4, modded into an SPR, and it had a jam he couldnt seem to fix. Upon opening the upper receiver, we found that the entire brass chamber had been twisted horribly out of shape, i mean, imagine you were twisting a wet piece of rag to drain the water from it... now, replace the rag with the brass chamber, thats what it looked like. How that happened, we have no bloody idea, but according to him, he was just happily plinking away when it jammed...

I have serious doubts about your account. I can't see any possible way that you could twist that brass chamber while simply using the gun... there's no way the bolt could do that, because I think the bolt is in contact with the brass chamber all the time. And also for obvious reasons with the receiver the bolt can't move sideways and so it can't bend it that way to cause damage. Either the guy was lying or you're greatly exaggerating.

The parts on the WE can be replaced. AFC and Airsoft Buddy both offer the sale of spare parts. You can buy any spare part from the exploded diagram from what I understand.

From what I have heard the WA suffers both in quality and is higher priced. For the WA the ubiquity of pot metal parts and the subsequent problems when using green gas are big factors. The WE has a full steel bolt and other essential parts that are steel. The magazines are also of much higher quality. There really is no trade-off there.

The only way i could see the brass sleeve torqueing like that was if the bolt slammed into the end of it...really..REALLY HARD.

Even then im sitting here wondering if that is even possible given the max amount of force the system is able to generate.

Well the WAs can be made pretty decent and reliable with the correct high-quality upgrade parts can they not? So if G&P have addressed all the major issues I don't see why this shouldn't be an extremely competent addition to the GBB M4 line-up, I certainly hope it will be anyway, none of the releases up to this point have quite convinced me personally to part with my cash.

Edited by CKinnerley
Well the WAs can be made pretty decent and reliable with the correct high-quality upgrade parts can they not? So if G&P have addressed all the major issues I don't see why this shouldn't be an extremely competent addition to the GBB M4 line-up, I certainly hope it will be anyway, none of the releases up to this point have quite convinced me personally to part with my cash.

I also am not convinced to part with my cash after reading all these reviews and posts. I really fancy a GGB M4, however I think the most appealing choice is the new Marui M4 Sopmod with the new blowback shock system fitted. Blow back feel, high cap and no gas or problems with the most well known AEG maker in the market, it seems like an easy choice !!

Personally, if I wanted Blowback in a skirmishable GBB and a last round bolt catch I'd get an S&P, have it upgraded completely by Daytonagun, and get that PTW mags mod done, so it'd have the bolt catch and blowback, with none of the problems of the WA(Gas in mag, fps variance, cooldown, etc), with the drawback of an external rig... But this G&P looks great, eepecially if they release mags in the price range of 30-40USD.... The externals will be very nice, as is the norm, and well the internals would be completley upgraded, addressing all of those problems felt by the woefully potmetally WA. For like $40 USD more than a Stock WA, I'd say that is one badass deal :P