G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

First off all, cheese metal or not on the WE, no one has complained about durability. Buy all accounts, the bolt is steel, the receiver is aluminum, the dimensions and manufacturing tolerance good enough to fit real stuff without modification. In fact, the gen 2 WE M4 GBB is far better in stock form than a WA could ever hope to be.

Second, like a lot of you said, someone needs to step up and improve the WA magazine, and, if at all possible, decrease its price. If anyone can do it, it'll be G&P, because for all we know, the PGC mags will probably work great and cost $200 each.

Wait, what?

have you even field stripped the WE before?? tis BRASS!! HELLO?! must i take photos and upload em too??

Wait, what?

have you even field stripped the WE before?? tis BRASS!! HELLO?! must i take photos and upload em too??

Bolt is different from chamber. You are talking about somebody with a modified WE (and no offense to that man, but modified by a person who needed help opening up his receiver to diagnose a problem). As far as my limited knowledge goes, and I interpret your "SPR" to mean an 18" barrel, there is no aftermarket 18" barrel for the WE. In fact, there are no aftermarket barrels at all. Which means this person might have, and this is purely speculation, modified some barrel, maybe an AEG barrel, to fit his WE. What is the primary incompatibility between the TM AEG barrel and the WE GBB? Well, I'm not certain on the specifics, but surely it is on the chamber-side of the barrel.

I am talking about stock performance. You claim for some reason it's more difficult to swap parts out of the WE than the WA, when all I see is almost every single spare part for the WE available for purchase at reasonable prices.

A quick read through respective threads dedicated to the two products (both of which are lengthy, and comprehensive) may reveal more regarding the stock performance, or, more significantly, the relative price-performance ratio.

Otherwise, it is great to hear that you have positive first-hand experience with the G&P. Like I said before, the only thing that concerns me is the quality and price of the mags.

Edited by slu
uscmCorps....com'n man, 11 mags???..I hope a lot of those were x-mas and birthday presents bro ^_^

Impulse buy. Kinda regret it... between the price and the weight of all those mags. It'd be okay for quick games, but many of the games I attend nowadays are full day games (7am to 5 pm) and you have to carry everything you'll need for the whole day on your person. Between 11 mags, the gun, the gear, 6 liters of H2O, lunch, commo, side arms, spare ammo... that gets heavy real fast. At least with real AR mags, those mags get lighter after you expend the ammo. With the WA mags, they're heavy and they STAY heavy. A couple of my teammates were talking about buying the WA/G&P M4. They're typically the recon element of the platoon, so I suggested that if they were to buy the WA m4 to just go in with 3-4 mags at most and keep it on semi. Actually, they could just buy the rifle and use my spare mags... because I won't be using them.

Yes I would like to see a cheesed up nozzle. Mine *cheesed* up in the floating valve inside the nozzle, but the nozzle is very much solid. Most of the impact is taken by the brass barrel bit and the steel bolt.

And yeah I decked out with 8 WE mags, :(

But yes would be interesting to see the G&P M4s, KA M4s, and whatever GBBs come this way, like the GHK AKS74U, sounds like that has a ton of issues also :).

Thank goodness for AEGs :) Only AEG with nice enough *kick* had to be the G&G/Army L85s, those things were great if isn't for the constant jamming they have on semi.

Edited by 3vi1-D4n
Is it posible to just have the plain jane m4

with standard barrel,I don't like the short

stubby barrels.Would this also increase my

fps over field limits of 400fps in Canada?.

I think there is a plain jane version on the G&P website, just not on any retailer.

What's the news on compatibility with real parts, if anyone knows? I.e., receiver front thread, buffer tube sizing?

I think there is a plain jane version on the G&P website, just not on any retailer.

What's the news on compatibility with real parts, if anyone knows? I.e., receiver front thread, buffer tube sizing?

I found the site. :D

Thanks,I like the woc16.They only list them as using 134a gas and

not top or green gas.Propane is super cheap over here,this is what

I want to use.

I saw those pictues and the empty description box and missed

the text,thanks.Does anyone know if having the longer barrel

will increase or lower the FPS?. :huh:

Most likely increase marginally, as it allows more distance for the chamber overpressure to do work on the BB.

You can have quite a boost with longer tight bore as gas keeps expanding unlike air. Good example would be KSC M11/TMP having a tight bore running inside suppressor giving a boost from say 1J to 1.6J with gg from normal. Also heavier BBs have an advantage versus lighter in an tight bore expanding gas gun IOW they usually clock a bit more.

With shipping and all other factors taken into account, I spent over $1200 USD on G&P parts to upgrade my WA M4 into an SR-16, not to mention the original $600 for the rifle itself. At least then I had something completely different and original from all the other GBB's. To say the least I was a little ticked when they decided to release the same thing for less than a third of the price. I do applaud them for taking the initiative to continually introduce new products for the gas gun market (wether they're just repackaged or not...)

This is truly a great thing for the continued development of GBB's, specificly for the gas in magazine's they utilize. I've said it before and I'll say it again; The proliferation and widespread use of one particular design of magazine by an asortmant of different GBB's will inevitibly lead to an adoption of an industry standard and consiquently the development of better, cheaper, more dependable magazines.

So far we have Western Arms, Inokatsu, G&P and King Arms featuring the WA designed magazine with WE being the only competitive design. With the subjective lack of realism inherent to the WE design, it's only a mater of time before it's low price and only selling point is negated by enhanced and reduced price WA style mags.

DEATH TO THE WE GBB M4! GO BUY A WA TYPE!!!

"With the subjective lack of realism inherent to the WE design, it's only a mater of time before it's low price and only selling point is negated by enhanced and reduced price WA style mags.

DEATH TO THE WE GBB M4! GO BUY A WA TYPE!!!"

I don't think its low price will be negated by reduced price WA mags. Also, WE mags are superior in functionality, and price, by sooooo much! That's not much of a final point to lambast the WE with, I'm afraid. You fail. :P

I don't think its low price will be negated by reduced price WA mags. Also, WE mags are superior in functionality, and price, by sooooo much! That's not much of a final point to lambast the WE with, I'm afraid. You fail. :P

I believe you fail to understand the point made previously; if enough manufacturers adopt a standard magazine design (much like the TM mags for AEG's) it will become universal and its widespread use will only result in further developed, lower cost products. Sure the WE has 'better' and cheaper magazines now, but they only work with the WE. On the other hand, WA mags will work in your WA, Inokatsu, G&P or King Arms... when all these manufactures start producing their own versions of the WA style magazine, not to mention the PGC or GHK versions already slated to release, the WE will not only be cast out in quality but price as well.

I second that. The reason for people given up AEG for GBB is the outstanding reality that nothing in airsoft can replace. WE has no base of reality.

I think that's going a little far, seeing as it is far more "realistic" than an AEG. You can't really assume anything regarding other people's motivation for preferring an AEG over a GBB, or the WA over the WE or vice versa... both platforms have their merits and their faults.

Kalmar:

If anything, having multiple players in the field helps. To think that the existence of the WE system will prevent people from developing cheaper magazines for the WA, well, I don't know how that possibly is. The existence of the (competing) WE system will only push manufacturers who want to see the WA platform become a "standard" to offer better parts at lower prices.

The only thing preventing WE from becoming a much bigger player is the lack of aftermarket development for their platform, something that I wish they would focus on more.

Let's try to keep the fanboyish comments to a minimum.

On another note, do you have any information on the thread and diameter from the G&P's front receiver thread, or the buffer tube diameter? Any information regarding the fitment of accessories and parts meant for firearms?

Edited by slu

Right now the only thing holding back the WA design in my mind is the cost of magazines and the quality of said magazines. If there was a WE M16A4, chosing between the G&P version and the WE would be very easy for me, WE by far, however if G&P released said magazines at even 10$ more than the WE Mags (making them 50) and still have the full functionality, then that'd make the decision impossible for me. I was planning on, today, purchasing a GBB M4 for the spring, now that G&P has released their modified WA's, the decision is that much harder. the 800$ min expendature at RWA for shipping and my the M16A4 would be worth the cost, but right now is just out of my price range.

The wait continues. If anyone gets a hold of one of these, PLEASE review it quickly. If it is indeed better off than the WA stock then it will be worth the cost. The mag issue will still be glaring in my mind though :(