G&P GBB M4A1 family

True, ROF is insane. FPS is high. The recoil certainly looks very low. I get it, it's probably an uber-expensive high speed carrier.

I'd say I would much rather FPS be around 400, bolt weight only slightly less than stock, ROF around the same as stock, just no jams and better mags.

You also inserted the mag, released it, pulled the charging handle, and reinserted the mag. Why?

Same here, they should rather focus on reliablity, hard recoil and realistic but not insane rof or dangerous fps rates.

Edited by KWP
  • Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

So here is the WA in it's nativ state

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEPeYEHWV-E

Wow. That guy over exaggerated the recoil too much.

I only saw these WOC's on TMC and Redwolf, does anyone know what other site will carry them? I'm interested in the base M4A1 WOC that's on the G&P website without any of the accessories.

For the question of the charging handle i might have the answer. If it really is all g&p internal reinforced parts like the hammer spring then it's a design flaw by G&P. Their spring has a little bit of an angled head that causes the hammer to not go as far back as stock. When this happens the "valve pin" doesn't go all the way back. When it's stuck in the forward position the magazine can't go in, and if it does, it puts pressure on that pin causing the first shot to sometimes be wacky. So until someone else releases a stronger hammer spring, you gotta have the hammer cocked back before inserting a mag. On GGI I made a small review on their hop-up chambers which is the part that people keep breaking (I have yet to break the stock plastic one and i'm using green). Still haven't tested range/accuracy yet. But so far it seems better than the stock part as far as strength and design goes.

Are these difficult to import to Canada? Becase that is nearly twice MSRP.

Yes,as in seized don't pass go,lose your money get black listed by cbsa. :P

There are certain people that know a guy,who is in touch with the room

mate of a third cousin's girlfriends boy friend who can bring these in.

To many hands being greased I am guessing. :D

Edited by Budman

Absolutely right Budman, airsoft in Canada is a very grey area and trying to import... a total nightmare, so after US dollar conversion and brokerage fees, the price inflates by the magic number of 1.8x - 2.2x the MSRP depending on whos bringing it in. Worth every penny though lol. However these G&Ps do interest me, I might wind up buying one as well after I hear more about them.

You should see the price of these in Canada,one sold used for 1450Cdan$.

All in all,I would still like to get one this spring.I still would like to see a

independent review before then. ;)

Jeez, I guess i should start sneaking these through the canadian border and start selling them hehe. It couldn't be that hard to sneak pass the world's largest undefended border would it?

(these are jokes and I'm not going to attempt these illegal acts)

Back on topic, who here has bought one?

I was gonna pick on the normal M4 ris when It became out of stock =(

The WE has some features that are more like the real steel, from what I hear over at that gas gun website. However, the WE's bolt, while still being very realistic, is not as accurate in looks. The general shape is there, though.

Edited by massoh2
The WE has some features that are more like the real steel, from what I hear over at that gas gun website. However, the WE's bolt, while still being very realistic, is not as accurate in looks. The general shape is there, though.

What website is that? I just bought a G&P M4A1 from redwolf and i would like to know...

I will post some pictures when I get it

Could one of you WA Fanboys explain how the WE replica is less realistic? is it because it has a brass tube visible in the chamber?

I'm assuming you're a WE fanboy...either that or a complete noob considering your post count. Western Arms took an AR and duplicated it's system but redesigned it to work as an airsoft gun. All the internal parts are basically modified AR parts. WA built an airsoft gun designed after the RS AR-15 counterpart, while WE built an airsoft system and put it into an AR shell. That brass tube is just the tip of the iceberg in my eyes.

What website is that? I just bought a G&P M4A1 from redwolf and i would like to know...

gas guns dot info has some pictures and reviews (as well as issues) of people's g&p WOC systems. They have a lot of people on that site who understand the Western Arms system so if you have trouble with yours look to there for lots of references.

On another note, the RATECH video demonstration of the G&P WA GBB M4 showed that the metals parts made the blowback very weak. Maybe that's what you get as a compromise for the insanely high ROF?

It's not really the metal parts that make the blowback weak. The light weight aluminum bolt carrier RA-Tech demonstrated makes the blowback force much weaker since the force hitting the end of the receiver extension isn't as strong. The bolt goes quicker because the pressure has more of an effect on a carrier group weighing half the original. This is something I've experienced first hand (not with RA-Tech bolts though). To be honest I like the stockish heavier bolts since ROF isn't as fun as recoil. Then again...ROF + RECOIL is freakin awesome!

I went to the store tonight to pick up some items and was able to test the Version 1 of the WE. Before I was even able to test it, one of the other guys pulled the charging handle back, and it snapped off near the front. Not a good start. Then when we tested the other one they had there, I was extremely underwhelmed by the recoil... it just felt so ... so ... soft. My WA on the other hand is super crisp. I was seriously tempted by the WE, but after that testing, it sold me on getting a G&P SR16 shorty GBB. Now if only I can find it in stock.

Another thing I noticed about the WE ... I definitely think the Version 2 WE M4 is good value for money, but the quality of it didn't feel nearly as nice as my WA M4 which is almost stock. While I don't think the WA is good value for money, the G&P GBB M4s certainly do.

I went to the store tonight to pick up some items and was able to test the Version 1 of the WE. Before I was even able to test it, one of the other guys pulled the charging handle back, and it snapped off near the front. Not a good start. Then when we tested the other one they had there, I was extremely underwhelmed by the recoil... it just felt so ... so ... soft. My WA on the other hand is super crisp. I was seriously tempted by the WE, but after that testing, it sold me on getting a G&P SR16 shorty GBB. Now if only I can find it in stock.

Another thing I noticed about the WE ... I definitely think the Version 2 WE M4 is good value for money, but the quality of it didn't feel nearly as nice as my WA M4 which is almost stock. While I don't think the WA is good value for money, the G&P GBB M4s certainly do.

So the WE's blowback is alot weaker compared to the WA?

gas guns dot info has some pictures and reviews (as well as issues) of people's g&p WOC systems. They have a lot of people on that site who understand the Western Arms system so if you have trouble with yours look to there for lots of references.

I typed in gas gun dot and got firearms and gbb parts.Could you be so kind as to throw

us a link please. ;)

Hm, that is a viewpoint I haven't heard yet. Did you get a chance to handle the G&P?

Hm, that is a viewpoint I haven't heard yet. Did you get a chance to handle the G&P?

I have pretty much the same set-up as a g&p WOC. With the AS bolt carrier group, the g&p hop-up set and the AS spring guide (not the 140% spring). It does feel like it kicks better than the stock WA parts. Though I can't say much for how it feels with a metal body I can say that the g&p setup seems to feel similar if not better (as in recoil) than stock. I haven't handled a WE yet but the way my WA is performing I honestly am not eager to find or try something else. In other words...I'm happily satisfied with my current system.

The g&p is still new and hasn't gone through the type of stress testing the stock WA has so only time will tell before G&P WOC guns start showing their problems. At least it seems that it's a WA system that really works on green gas out of the box.

The g&p is still new and hasn't gone through the type of stress testing the stock WA has so only time will tell before G&P WOC guns start showing their problems. At least it seems that it's a WA system that really works on green gas out of the box.

I held off on buying the G&P because of that reason. Do you think G&P will be as fast as WE in getting out new revisions of their guns?

It seems like WA hasn't responded to any user feedback while WE has been listening to the community about ungrades and improvements.

I just hope G&P will be more like WE in their customer service...

Edited by Spartan452