G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Hm, that is a viewpoint I haven't heard yet. Did you get a chance to handle the G&P?

Not yet. My WA is pretty much stock. Just comparing the stock WE to my stock WA, the WE's FPS was higher by almost 75 fps, but the recoil feels so soft on the WE. On the other hand the WA feels nice and crisp. The version 2 WE might be more skirmish worthy, it's just not as fun to shoot. One major bonus of the WE over the WA, is the weight of the mags. The WE's mags are much MUCH lighter.

Not yet. My WA is pretty much stock. Just comparing the stock WE to my stock WA, the WE's FPS was higher by almost 75 fps, but the recoil feels so soft on the WE. On the other hand the WA feels nice and crisp. The version 2 WE might be more skirmish worthy, it's just not as fun to shoot. One major bonus of the WE over the WA, is the weight of the mags. The WE's mags are much MUCH lighter.

This (the recoil) could, in part, be due to the fact that the WE is most likely heavier than a stock WA. This may not be the case with the G&P version.

I held off on buying the G&P because of that reason. Do you think G&P will be as fast as WE in getting out new revisions of their guns?

It seems like WA hasn't responded to any user feedback while WE has been listening to the community about ungrades and improvements.

I just hope G&P will be more like WE in their customer service...

Well that's because Arnies is UK based while WA is Japan based so why would they want to get feedback from people that are not their target audience? And their guns work fine on 134a. While WE on the other hand seems to be having problems working out of the box without "tweaks". My STOCK WAM4 was functioning perfectly on 134 but I decided to start upgrading it to use green. Like everything I buy, the more support or insurance is offered, the more i question the need for offering it. I'd rather buy a product that doesn't need customer service over one that has customer service that's easily contacted and will answer all my problems. The great thing about the G&P WOCs are that if something does indeed break or have issues, there's TONS of aftermarket parts out right now made by 3rd party people. So no...Western Arms isn't listening, but everyone else has been. G&P, Pro-arms, Prime, Inokatsu, Guarder, Pro-win, RA-Tech and Airsoft Surgeon. Who does WE have but themselves at this point? WE is using customers for R&D purposes in my eyes. If I didn't have a WA already and I knew everything I know now about it, I'd definitely buy a G&P version of it.

It's not really the metal parts that make the blowback weak. The light weight aluminum bolt carrier RA-Tech demonstrated makes the blowback force much weaker since the force hitting the end of the receiver extension isn't as strong. The bolt goes quicker because the pressure has more of an effect on a carrier group weighing half the original. This is something I've experienced first hand (not with RA-Tech bolts though). To be honest I like the stockish heavier bolts since ROF isn't as fun as recoil. Then again...ROF + RECOIL is freakin awesome!

Just to clear things up for everyone: the WE M4's recoil is superior. The G&P WOC M4's recoil is weaker probably because of its insane ROF. The RATECH video of the test shooting of the G&P WOC M4 only corroborates this. Shinhk's post further proves this. The fact that he supports the G&P WOC M4 gives us two insights into the truth: stock WE M4 recoil > stock G&P WOC M4 recoil. But ROF-wise, stock WE M4 ROF < stock G&P WOC M4 ROF. That is, until WE starts shipping their new aluminum bolts, which will increase the ROF. I'm leaning towards buying a WE, because then you can have the best of both worlds. Especially when WE mags are only about $38, will be able to use CO2 mags soon, will have continued revisional support, and is accurate enough to the real steel rifle.

Just to clear things up for everyone: the WE M4's recoil is superior. The G&P WOC M4's recoil is weaker probably because of its insane ROF. The RATECH video of the test shooting of the G&P WOC M4 only corroborates this. Shinhk's post further proves this. The fact that he supports the G&P WOC M4 gives us two insights into the truth: stock WE M4 recoil > stock G&P WOC M4 recoil. But ROF-wise, stock WE M4 ROF < stock G&P WOC M4 ROF. That is, until WE starts shipping their new aluminum bolts, which will increase the ROF. I'm leaning towards buying a WE, because then you can have the best of both worlds. Especially when WE mags are only about $38, will be able to use CO2 mags soon, will have continued revisional support, and is accurate enough to the real steel rifle.

USCM says that the WE has less recoil then the WA, but if you say that the G&P is less than the WE, so recoil in order of strongest recoil would be WA, WE, G&P??

USCM says that the WE is really soft compared to the WA and I also read on gasgun.info IBICO also agrees that the WE is softer than the WA, then how soft is the G&P?

I'm really conflicted, I was originally gonna buy a G&P, but redwolf ran out, and now i'm thinking of buying the WE with accessories would bring the cost up to the G&P.

So should I wait until there are more G&P's instock or should I just get the WE with accessories...

The G&P WOC M4 seems to have a lot of advantages. So does the WE. Although, if money and weaker recoil aren't the biggest factors, then you probably should go with the G&P. Then again, the way I see it, the WE platform can only get cheaper and more reliable... and more innovative.

Just to clear things up for everyone: the WE M4's recoil is superior. The G&P WOC M4's recoil is weaker probably because of its insane ROF. The RATECH video of the test shooting of the G&P WOC M4 only corroborates this. Shinhk's post further proves this.

Are you stating fact or opinion based on personal usage? The parts used in the G&P can actually cause you to have less recoil. The buffer g&p uses does just that...lessens the recoil felt. When I use the AS buffer in the WA, the "shock" felt from the recoil isn't as strong as the stock plastic ones WA come with. I'm trying not to compare the WE to the G&P/WA system because it's completely different. If someone is choosing one of these guns due to recoil they are basing their decision on the wrong thing. If you want RS recoil buy a real AR. If you can't, then TS...but don't expect airsoft to give the same kick reliably.

...I'll look at the WA system again....till then its a true working gas smg for me.

You know what's funny? The gun you bought and broke which I bought broken is now a perfectly working gun. BUT...I'll have to admit I spent a lot of time and money to get it to work that way. Trial and error is never cheap. ;) I could have probably fixed it for a lot less now since there's more parts out and I know more about the system.

Still.. it's a plastic bodied true working gas SMG ;)

I wonder why G&P never supported the Maruzen GBB SMG line...

My maruzen works better out of the box than any of the M4's so far :P

Also Shi...when I sent that to the person you bought it from it worked perfectly fine. Funny though when you think about how he keeps most of his stuff for what a week or two before ditching it period.

haha that's true. i did notice that too. i knew it had problems but i kind of figured out how mine worked so i felt comfortable enough take it apart and fix it. It probably helped to have a working model to follow when taking the other one apart though :D

The ratech vid they put in there lightweight bolt. The stock G&P is heavy, and has plenty of recoil from What ive heard.

I'm very interested in clearing this up too. Can't wait till more videos are posted. Maybe a similar RATECH one would be good; have them do the same video, except use this "heavy" "stock G&P" bolt.