G&P GBB M4A1 family

It has been 9 pages on this thread, and I'm surprised that no one has done a review on G&P WOC yet. I am more concerning on the reliability on G&P, if it comes out to be a highly durable GBB like the WE (or even better), I'll place my order right the way.

After keeping up with the 100+ pages of the WE, sure they may be highly durable, but seems to be far from reliable. G&P bodies seem to have a fitment issue on some of them but other than that a lot of their internal parts are great. That AS bolt carrier group is just awesome too (I have one in my WA).

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

After keeping up with the 100+ pages of the WE, sure they may be highly durable, but seems to be far from reliable. G&P bodies seem to have a fitment issue on some of them but other than that a lot of their internal parts are great. That AS bolt carrier group is just awesome too (I have one in my WA).

Yeah, it's just those damned magazines though.

Are the magazines that come with the G&Ps of G&P manufacture? If so, I patiently await the release of cheaper magazines. I'm also a bit saddened that G&P decided to go with the WA dimensions instead of the real deal/Prime-like, but I guess that is a small point.

Any info on the size of the G&P buffer tube? How about the front receiver threads?

Edited by slu
Are the magazines that come with the G&Ps of G&P manufacture?

I'm pretty sure they're WA's. When I bought mine, it was through my HK distributor who got them through G&P which allegedly bought thousands of them in anticipation of this product development.

What really needs to be designed for the mags are light weight mags. The current weight of the mags is pretty ridiculous especially compared to WE mags.

What really needs to be designed for the mags are light weight mags. The current weight of the mags is pretty ridiculous especially compared to WE mags.

agreed...lucky for me i don't play long games so 3 mags are usually enough but having 2 pouched is heavy enough. Hopefully those pro-win mags will be lighter.

More than likely whatever parts are out for g&p are the ones that they used in their WOCs. Although the picture with the roller on the hammer seems to be a new addition from g&p that's not available as a replacement part.

Yeah, I think the hammer with a roller is a new addition because my G&P hammer that I bought separately didn't have that.

As for the mags, I've tried carrying 11 mags into a game before. Never again.

So does the G&P WOC series come with the G&P HopUp unit, and does anyone know if it's any good?

Just got mine, couple problems. There is alot of wobble between upper reciever and lower. You can't insert a magazine unless your charge the handle, if you do the gas will spill. Other than those minor issues it is great, very strong blowback!

P1030265.jpg

P1030267.jpg

P1030269.jpg

P1030274.jpg

P1030279.jpg

P1030275.jpg

P1030272.jpg

firing video

Edited by Spartan452

Thanks for posting, definitely some decent looking recoil there.

Looks like it wobbles about as much as my RS Century Arms AR15A2 :P

Can you explain your mag loading problem a little bit more in depth for me?

Please keep us updated on your findings!

Edited by sadman
Thanks for posting, definitely some decent looking recoil there.

Looks like it wobbles about as much as my RS Century Arms AR15A2 :P

Can you explain your mag loading problem a little bit more in depth for me?

Please keep us updated on your findings!

From my understanding, if you load a mag in and then charge the charging handle it will vent all the gas on the first shot. Something with the "firing pin's" mech going haywire and getting stuck open. So you have to pull back the bolt before inserting a fresh mag. I'd imagine this is only an issue with teh first mag loaded at a game and not something more serious that happens every reload?

Could you make a video of the reciever wobble? I've shot a real AR-15, they are not terribly movement free either.

Wobble on a real ar15 has no affect on anything so i wouldnt really worry about it too much on the airsoft gun.

Then again, these GBB's are a bit more complex than the real article so correcting wobble may be beneficial.

I wasn't too worried about it, that wouldn't stop me from purchasing one. I think I'll follow Kalmar's lead and rig a custom wedge type object to make it a little less wobbly for aesthetic sakes.

on my service rifle, and this was back in the 80's so we were using Vietnam weapons, you could hold the buttstock, and the front handguard, twist just the slightest bit in opposite directions, and the body pin would fall right out of the rifle...

it was still a very accurate rifle.

Oddly enough, my G&P WOC doesn't have any wobble, all my other G&P M16 AEG's suffer from a little wobble but this upper and lower appear to be perfectly matched. I guess we'll see how that holds up.

I'm going to use parts from my short M4 (which is currently down); the troy rail, front sight, rear sight and flashhider till I figure out the parts I'm going to use on this guy.

I'm thinking DD Lite 11 inch or larue 11 inch with a gooseneck, PRI flip ups with magpul furnishings.

I think I want to put one of those DNTC comps on the front.

Edited by ThaFlash

Update: Shot her for the 1st time tonight.

In my Garage, in approx 30 degree Colorado winter weather, using propane, so I was expecting a couple things- I was expecting that the cold would noticeably decrease the blowback, and / or that I would suffer cool-down.

Two mags on full auto, back to back, no cool down, no sputtering, no misfires, and if that was a 'decreased blowback' well.....then I'm fine with that- because I guess in warm weather....its going to be even better!

This system is a grin machine, there is no doubt.

Now then, G&P.....Let's get going on the M16A1, the Model 607, and some XM's will ya?? M4's and tricked out rail systems are cool and all, but lets get some diversity going please!

Edited by Guinness