G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

To kind of bring this back a little:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_3GgSkcMq8ls/SbLsRQTb...hedcastbolt.jpg

This is one awesome GBB. Now just waiting for the RATech parts and for reasonable mags, or even semi-reasonable.

Man, that bolt looks awesome. So much better looking than when it was in stock condition. Good call on polishing it.

Yeah, the mag price is insane. Are WA mags 2.5 times the quality of WE mags?

Probably not... but I have 2.5 times the fun shooting my G&P GBB over the WE. :D

Edited by uscmCorps

Spartan: mag is black

USCMCorps: Thanks, beyond the shinyness, it really smoothes the action a lot more especially when combined with the militec oil; cycling the action gives a very distinct metal on metal slap; can't wait to hear it with the RATech bolt. I think that's the only plastic part left on the inside of the gun.

We need to get some accuracy result to see the feasibility of a DMR setup.

According to a review from Redwolf, accuracy of western arms is good as it can achieve 1 inch groupings from 30 feet. What I want to know is that even with the G&P WOC, can I still achieve this tight groupings? I also don't rely on hi caps, as I often use pistols at cqb, and having a GBBr would be a great addition to my arsenal

There's no reason for accuracy to be affected, I believe the barrel and hopup internals should be WA. Apparently G&P copied the WA Bulls Eye hopup hardware. I haven't had a chance to do much with it yet, I recently put in the RATech NPAS bolt and worked to get that firing, which took some time. Next time I'll drop in the tightbore and hopup, accuracy tests will come after that.

WOW thanks so much for posting, after selling my M72, the only thing keeping me from purchasing one was getting them in the states, too bad its not @ GI for the free shipping & 10% off though.

That's good news, takes away risk from customs seizures, but it's definitely more expensive ($550 shipped from HK as opposed to $550 before shipping).

Bad news that the PGC mags were canceled recently. I'd love to get one of these, but I have to know I can get some reasonably priced mags.

Are the RA-tech still on schedule? They were due to be out late this month if I remember correctly...

Personally I'd rather spend the $550 to a "in country" business than try to save a couple bucks by messing around with the overseas thing right now. Wouldn't want to risk customs even though I've had great luck so far but as the realistic nature of these increases, I wouldn't dare give them another reason to seize it.

If you do buy them from AEX, make sure to call ahead and find out how they treat the trademarks and logos on the guns. Most retailers in the US will attack the Colt markings with a dremel or drill a hole through the head of the horse and one or two letters of the word Colt to get around the infringement issue. AEX is no exception in this regard.

If you do buy them from AEX, make sure to call ahead and find out how they treat the trademarks and logos on the guns. Most retailers in the US will attack the Colt markings with a dremel or drill a hole through the head of the horse and one or two letters of the word Colt to get around the infringement issue. AEX is no exception in this regard.

Good point, I'll be sure to do so.

Somebody wrote you have to lock back the bolt before inserting a mag, otherwise something inside the gun would accidentally discharge the mag, wich would suck hard. Is that issue fixed yet?

Edited by KWP
Somebody wrote you have to lock back the bolt before inserting a mag, otherwise something inside the gun would accidentally discharge the mag, wich would suck hard. Is that issue fixed yet?

I've yet to see this issue with mine. However, I think one of my buddies have experienced it.

Hit up SC AEX last night with a buddy of mine, we each walked out with one each. At least one other customer bought one last night while we were there too. They were getting a lot of attention.

They had just gotten the shipment that afternoon and hadn't gone through and inventoried them yet. Initially we thought we were out of luck and would have to come back today since they weren't ready for sale. But, the guys there were nice enough to break 'em out for us right then and there. We just had to wait around for an hour or so while they unpacked them and did the count and such.

As a result we got to check out every configuration available as they got them ready and brought them out, it was pretty cool to say the least. And yes, the trades are all intact.

I left with an M16A4 (picked up an M203 to go with it) and my buddy chose the M4A1. We spent some time checking them out at home, comparing them to our realsteel and basically giving them the once-over. We're very impressed with them to say the least. I have a WA so I knew what I was getting into but this my buddy's first GBB rifle. He kept remarking, "It's too real, it just feels so wrong." Years of California conditioning I suppose. :)

Got a game this weekend, more to be told I'm sure. Hoping to do a full and detailed write up on these soon.

One last note, I did an initial chrono last night and verified the FPS, hit between 385 and 390 FPS over ten shots with one that broke 400 (Propane, .2g, probably around 50F, Guarder chrono).

Edited by staticzero
Hit up SC AEX last night with a buddy of mine, we each walked out with one each. At least one other customer bought one last night while we were there too. They were getting a lot of attention.

They had just gotten the shipment that afternoon and hadn't gone through and inventoried them yet. Initially we thought we were out of luck and would have to come back today since they weren't ready for sale. But, the guys there were nice enough to break 'em out for us. We just had to wait around for an hour or so while they unpacked them and did the count and such.

As a result we got to check out every configuration available as they got them ready and brought them out, it was pretty cool to say the least. And yes, the trades are all intact.

I left with an M16A4 (picked up an M203 to go with it) and my buddy chose the M4A1. We spent some time checking them out at home, comparing them to our realsteel and basically giving them the once-over. We're very impressed with them to say the least. I have a WA so I knew what I as getting into but this my buddy's first GBB rifle. He kept remarking, "It's too real, it just feels so wrong." Years of California conditioning I suppose. :)

Got a game this weekend, more to be told I'm sure. Hoping to do a full and detailed write up on these soon.

One last note, I did an initial chrono last night and verified the FPS, hit between 385 and 390 FPS over ten shots with one that broke 400 (Propane, .2g, probably around 50F, Guarder chrono).

Thanks for the report!

The chrono was on your 20" A4? Does the 20" come with a 20" inner barrel, or a shorter one? I was expecting the FPS to be higher if the IB was a full 20".

I really want to stop complaining about the mags, but that is probably the only thing preventing me from picking one up right now over the WE. So, there you go, I complained about the mags again.

Edited by slu

Awesome to hear staticzero! Yeah, me and my buddies had the same reaction when we received ours. :D

slu : In order to guarrantee that all the G&P GBB's shot around the same FPS, they supposedly all have the same inner barrel length (except for maybe the WOC Tank version). If you put a tightbore barrel that was the full rifle length, you'd see a HUGE jump in fps. What the Flash and I are discovering is that with RATech's new NPAS system, you can get a full length tight-bore inner barrel and yet still down tune the fps to reasonable limits (we aim for about 365-370 fps using 0.25g BBs).

Thanks for the report!

The chrono was on your 20" A4? Does the 20" come with a 20" inner barrel, or a shorter one? I was expecting the FPS to be higher if the IB was a full 20".

I really want to stop complaining about the mags, but that is probably the only thing preventing me from picking one up right now over the WE. So, there you go, I complained about the mags again.

Yes, on my A4. However it appears that they all have CQB length IBs regardless of outer barrel configuration.

What the Flash and I are discovering is that with RATech's new NPAS system, you can get a full length tight-bore inner barrel and yet still down tune the fps to reasonable limits (we aim for about 365-370 fps using 0.25g BBs).

I do intend to get a longer IB in mine eventually but I do need to keep it around 400 to meet local field limits. Thanks for the info!

Edited by staticzero

The bolt doesn't need to be back when you insert the mag. The hammer needs to be back. I don't know if mine is like this, but I've heard this about most of the G&P's. I just always have the gun on safe when I insert a mag, gun can only be on safe with the hammer back.