G&P GBB M4A1 family

A friend of mine got an m16 a little while ago. First impressions were interesting. It doesnt really have the same feel as the RS, which was pretty evident while pulling back the charging handle for the first time. The body was pretty wobbly, so was the stock, plus the handguards. It was pretty cool that they incorporated the heatshields in but I think the need to be swapped for RS, to me they feel really flexible and thin. Shooting was not as I expected but then again Im in the RS mindset. The kick to me was hardly noticable, Ill have to play with it more. One cool feature is that it has the boing sound when firing, its nice that its inherant to the design, kindof like my STG. Accuracy was pretty good with a nice selector that clicks into place pretty nicely. The mags were a bit darker than USGI RS. They seem to be pretty reliable. Overall I think its a nice gun and Ill look at getting one but Ill wait a bit for reliability testing.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Adam, tell your friend he can get rid of the upper/lower receiver wobble by wrapping a #7 o-ring around the front pivot lug on the upper receiver. That got rid of 100% of the wobble on mine and my friends G&Ps.

The charging handle and everything else starts to feel better once it's broken in.

How do you eliminate the handguard wobble? The halves securely lock with each other but rotates slightly about the barrel axis. Is it a matter of needing to replace the delta ring assembly or endcap, or is it just that the barrel lock needs tightening? Will RS handguard w/ heatshield and delta ring assembly fit? Will installing a standard KAC type RIS handguard (non-FF) yield the same type of wobble?

Edited by davedawg123

I finally got one to guys, but I 've had the same prob with the upper/lower receiver wobble, can somebody take a piccie of the O-ring solution on the front pivot pin?

weel people who did that :D

need something visual so I can get started, thanks guys

Edited by nougabol
I finally got one to guys, but I 've had the same prob with the upper/lower receiver wobble, can somebody take a piccie of the O-ring solution on the front pivot pin?

weel people who did that :D

need something visual so I can get started, thanks guys

Google "AR15 oring fix" and click on the first link on the list. It has a good photo of what the fix is. It's extremely simple.

Good luck.

Edited by slu

G&P makes both AEG and WA versions of their RIS, but the only difference I think are just the barrels. Some users have fitted URX rails from the AEG set onto the G&P GBBr

So if the G&P RIS for AEG fits on the WA that means that the specs are whatever it is for the G&P RIS for AEG.

G&P makes both AEG and WA versions of their RIS, but the only difference I think are just the barrels. Some users have fitted URX rails from the AEG set onto the G&P GBBr

So if the G&P RIS for AEG fits on the WA that means that the specs are whatever it is for the G&P RIS for AEG.

I'm somewhat sure that the G&P AEG thread is RS thread, since it's designed to fit their receivers.

I can only attest to this indirectly: I have a King Arms body that I've fit both a G&P rail and an RS rail to. I can only assume that the G&P rail and the RS rail had the same thread on the barrel nut. I may be wrong, but that is my experience.

Edited by slu
I'm somewhat sure that the G&P AEG thread is RS thread, since it's designed to fit their receivers.

I can only attest to this indirectly: I have a King Arms body that I've fit both a G&P rail and an RS rail to. I can only assume that the G&P rail and the RS rail had the same thread on the barrel nut. I may be wrong, but that is my experience.

I've had a different experience. I've tried to install RS LaRue rails, RS KAC Rails, RS Daniel Defense Rails and none of them were compatible with any of my G&P AEG receivers without rethreading the G&P upper receiver. That's what I've found anyway.

SO you guys are saying G&P WOC's upper is AEG spec? I'm about to get a kingarms Troy rail, but I wasn't brave enough to spend my money to find it out :P

EDIT: Ohh just one more thing... has anyone thought about modding a Pmag or VN mag out from a WA mag? if you got any idea how to get started please share it.

Edited by the.jaguar
I've had a different experience. I've tried to install RS LaRue rails, RS KAC Rails, RS Daniel Defense Rails and none of them were compatible with any of my G&P AEG receivers without rethreading the G&P upper receiver. That's what I've found anyway.

Hmm, well whenever I get one of these, I might as well get a rethreading die to go with it. Good to know, thanks for sharing.

I know madbull makes a die, is that the one you use?

Edited by slu
Hmm, well whenever I get one of these, I might as well get a rethreading die to go with it. Good to know, thanks for sharing.

I know madbull makes a die, is that the one you use?

I bought mine direct from Brownells. It's made for RS receivers. Same result... perhaps a bit cheaper than the Madbull.

SO you guys are saying G&P WOC's upper is AEG spec? I'm about to get a kingarms Troy rail, but I wasn't brave enough to spend my money to find it out :P

If you are getting a Troy rail you it doesn't matter what the threading is. The Rail clamps over the barrel nut so you don't have to use the KA nut. You can just remove the delta ring and use the G&P barrel nut.

I installed one on my WA M4 and the only problem i had with it was I had to modify the anti-rotation lugs a little. I'm not sure about the KA version, but on a RS troy rail the lugs were a bit too tight to fit around the WA body. All it take is a little fitting. 10 min tops with a dremel tool.

P1010106.jpg

EDIT: Upper one is King arms, Lower one is RS.

Edited by junior
Are the following G&P WOC parts same as RS spec or AEG spec?

- Upper receiver width (for adding rail systems like Troy, Samson, DD, etc)

Same question, but specifically about the DD.

The DD utilizes anti-rotation wings that wrap around the upper, that hold the rail system steady.

If the receiver is RS spec, then clone DD rail systems will wobble.

Thanks all.

-Vic

Edited by Victory