G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Got mine in today, boy am I pleased. Didn't have my propane adapter with me so I just shot 5 shots on semi with the gas that was in the magazine. Receiver wobble is noticeable, but to be honest my RS wobbles just as much. Couple of things that bugged me: first is that the dust cover does not want to close, will probably need modification to work properly at least on mine. Second is that the hopup was not that impressive, looks like it will need to be rebuilt by the looks of it, waaay over hopped even on lowest setting.

P1000662.jpg

Edited by sadman

Very nice, first M16 GBBr here!

Your magazine is FLAT GREY!?!?!?

I'm so jealous... mine is a nasty flat black =(

Sucks to hear about the dust cover, for my rifle I had the exact opposite problem.. It would close and i'd have a hard time getting it to open. It kinda scratched the bolt a bit to get it to open, but it has been worn in by now.

Are you gonna add an M5 ras?

BTW would you mind checking out the length of the inner barrel for me? Mine was a regular M4 but the inner barrel was about 8 inches or so. I was planning to pick up a M16 soon, and i was wondering if the inner barrel is short. I know they have the short barrel for safety reasons, but an 8inch inner with a 20inch outer makes me a bit worried that the bb could stray and jam inside....

Edited by Spartan452

Yup, magazine is flat gray, did have a little bit of metallic flake in it too. Just realized that the bottom and forward pieces were plastic, that was a bit of a surprise.

I did somehow bump it and it closed, but just like you it took a bit to get it open.

Nope, no rails are gonna be added on this rifle under my ownership. My M203 & ported heathshield are the only external mods I expect to put on it.

Inner barrel is as most expected, the short one... I had the same worry but further testing will prove how well it works. I do plan (as funds allow) to get a NPAS and a full length inner barrel, but that will have to come after I can get a reasonable amount of magazines for it.

Well, I went home as fast as I could (legally & safely) and got the first real test done.

For those who are interested in some colder weather rough results, here they are.

Conditions via weather.com:

48 degrees Fahrenheit (windchill 40)

Wind 13 gusting 18 *partially shooting into wind, I'd say at about a 45 degree angle from wind direction*

Mostly sunny

Equipment:

AirsoftElite .25g white/black bb mix

Coleman propane

Madbull V1 propane adaptor

CA pure silicon oil

Procedure:

I sprayed silicon in both of the valves to try and get the silicon working first. Filled with propane for approx 10 seconds worth.

Shot 2 magazines worth back to back with a 15 second pause between loading/filling for warming purposes. (let warm in sun for 1 min before firing)

Results:

I (like an idiot) forgot to bring out the chronograph on the test, but judging by my AEG's (1 shooting ~350 w/.25g & other 2 shooting 370 w/ .25g) I believe it was closer to 350 w/ .25g.

Range was from the porch to a brush/treeline over a pond behind my house that is approximately 150 feet away, possibly a little further. After the bb's traveled into the line they began to fall off.

Accuracy from my eye perspective was about consistent with my most upgraded AEG which is quite accurate compared to most of the AEG's I've ever owned. (G&P M16A1 w/ hurricane FTK, KN tightbore, Guarder clear hopup rubbers, KA hopup assembly, Evolution mosfet, and a 9.6v 5000 mah battery) Hit tree trunk of 4" wide 7 of 12 shots.

Magazine doesn't leak after filled, but leaks out of fill valve when filling, wish I could get a little o-ring to put around the fill valve stem.

Recoil was fun, exactly what I had been hoping for, definitely doesn't match shooting the MP5 or M4A1... but it could pass for a .22 in my book.

Edited by sadman

The hopup wasn't overhopped as I had imagined, I found myself actually turning it up and it probably could have used a touch more too boot.

Thanks though, one of these days I'll be investing in a new inner barrel and will keep my eye out for that pesky spring.

*updated some data on my test*

Edited by sadman

Hey guys I just came into sme money and am really loking into buying one of these from AEX, but I have a few questions:

Are there any major problems with this thing that would stop it from being able to be used in a skirmish?

and it is cool to use propane/green gas in it right?

Thanks.

Also, would I be able to fit this rail on it?:

http://www.airsoftpost.com/free-float-series-p-29437.html

Edited by PynkPanthyr

I'm a newbie only having mine for a week but here's my opinion on it:

Skirmish problems:

Expense of getting sufficient amount of magazines for it

Having to carry gas for reloads

Being ok in having to use semi to maintain accuracy when an AEG can go auto on you

Gas:

It is recommended to use GG, I use propane on mine and no leaks or problems yet.

Rail:

Just get the MRE version that comes with it MRE WOC

Hmm sounds good, look like I will be picking one up soon.

About the MRE version, I was looking at it, but I dont like the body or grip it comes with. That's probaly me just being nitpicky though.

If you can get past the body, grips are cheap, and it does come with the steel barrel which I really wish mine had.

*off that topic*

I went back and looked at the box my magazine came in being that mine was different colored than most I've seen. There I noticed it was actually G&P manufactured and not WA. Did everyone else's come in a G&P box or are there some WA boxes that mags came out with?

Edited by sadman

Aluminum

Steel

Sadman, I got a dark mag with my WOC, and it came in a plain cardboard box.

I slapped the WA RIS on my WOC. What a *badgeress* to install. Maybe the tolerances are slightly off but I can't seem to get the delta ring to completely envelope the RIS (probably about 1mm off). Perhaps I need to pound it on some more. Not a big deal though I guess since the delta ring does grab most of the RIS. It's solid as a rock!

Aluminum

Steel

Sadman, I got a dark mag with my WOC, and it came in a plain cardboard box.

I slapped the WA RIS on my WOC. What a *badgeress* to install. Maybe the tolerances are slightly off but I can't seem to get the delta ring to completely envelope the RIS (probably about 1mm off). Perhaps I need to pound it on some more. Not a big deal though I guess since the delta ring does grab most of the RIS. It's solid as a rock!

When I had the handguards on mine, the ring didn't fit all over the handguards either, but it was rock solid.

Mine came with a black mag in a plain box also, it had a funky lion sticker on it. I really wished mine was a grey magazine.

So is the black mag the original WA and the grey a G&P?

Yeah, my mag box had the same sticker, sun powered something or other.

Actually that is what mine came in, the lion's glasses on the sticker have G&P on them. It had the same one on the magazine.

Slu, the only plain-Jane steel version that I know of is the M4 & shorty M4. I haven't asked but you should give them a call if interested, they seemed pretty knowledgeable when I called asking about the WOC.

Edited by sadman
  • 2 weeks later...
Awesome, looking forward to some more reviews, I long for a GBB M4. I can't stand it.

I can tell you the difference in shooting in near 70 degree temperatures compared to 40 is very noticeable for me after testing this weekend. Recoil is much stronger and range improved near 20ft as well as fps (which is to be expected). Even with that, I had trouble getting to shoot 2 loads of bb's off of 1 gas charge. Accuracy was far more consistent with the warmer temps until I went auto, the recoil spread the bb's out quite badly after the initial shots.