G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Well, they work, they put out the same power as the WA magazines, they have the roller presumably to reduce wear... Not a lot more to say really, I think I covered it mostly in the other forum. I've still not found a way to strip the WA magazines down yet, but when I do I'll compare the internals.

Guys, a quick question: would the MAGPUL PTS MOE stock for AEG fit to my G&P WOC? I e-mailed to Red Wolf and they told me that it would fit, but that Id have to file down 2 ribs (?) inside the stock. Anybody tried it?

Oh, and another question:

Id like to know if any of you have tried the Prime Hop Up Chamber for WA M4 for AEG barrels. It is difficult to fit? It works?

Edited by Elquemira

Well, I got my WOC-13 (steel barrelled plain-jane 14.5") today. It looks great and it's really light, but it didn't come with any documentation. Having never used a WA M4 or a real M4 before, I'd like to ask a few questions:

1.) My selector is currently on safe, however, I can't move it at all.

2.) I can't seem to insert the magazine.

Any help is appreciated.

Guys, a quick question: would the MAGPUL PTS MOE stock for AEG fit to my G&P WOC? I e-mailed to Red Wolf and they told me that it would fit, but that Id have to file down 2 ribs (?) inside the stock. Anybody tried it?

I had a PTS MOE stock and it fit fine on the WA but it was just a little bit wobbly. Very small, but noticable. My Magpul MOE mil-spec stock fits better.

Turns out it was just a bit tight. A bit more strength and it moved.

If you don't have your hammer cocked back, putting it in safe isn't a normal function. Also, the hammer should be cocked back before putting in a magazine. i know the g&p selector is a little tight when comparing to the WA or AEG selectors. After some wear and tear the selector gets a little more loose so it's easier to switch.

I had a PTS MOE stock and it fit fine on the WA but it was just a little bit wobbly. Very small, but noticable. My Magpul MOE mil-spec stock fits better.

If you don't have your hammer cocked back, putting it in safe isn't a normal function. Also, the hammer should be cocked back before putting in a magazine. i know the g&p selector is a little tight when comparing to the WA or AEG selectors. After some wear and tear the selector gets a little more loose so it's easier to switch.

Yeah, hammer was back, the selector was already on safe, it just didn't move to semi as easily as it does with AEGs. Looks like everything's just really tight. I did a generous going-over with silicon oil and the selector seems to be a bit better now. The mag catch, however, is still really tight. I really have to hit the mag hard for it to lock.

Otherwise, can't wait to shoot this thing.

Edited by slu
2.) I can't seem to insert the magazine.

Cock back the bolt, and put it on safe then insert the mag.

Just wanted to note, when I changed out my buffer tube for an ACM UBR I ran into an issue. Since the buffer tube is longer then the standard, the spring would not push back the bolt enough when it blew back. Which caused the bolt to get stuck between the buffer tube and the rim of the receiver. Had to put a spacer in the buffer tube to prevent this. Might order a higher spring to stop it as well. When the bolt was stuck I had to stick a screw driver down the very back of the buffer tube to push the bolt forward as it was preventing me from even opening the receiver up.

Cock back the bolt, and put it on safe then insert the mag.

Under what circumstances does the bolt lock back? I have an empty magazine inside, however, the carrier still doesn't seem to lock back. I have to manually pull on the bolt release to lock the carrier.

Edited by slu
Just wanted to note, when I changed out my buffer tube for an ACM UBR I ran into an issue. Since the buffer tube is longer then the standard, the spring would not push back the bolt enough when it blew back. Which caused the bolt to get stuck between the buffer tube and the rim of the receiver. Had to put a spacer in the buffer tube to prevent this. Might order a higher spring to stop it as well. When the bolt was stuck I had to stick a screw driver down the very back of the buffer tube to push the bolt forward as it was preventing me from even opening the receiver up.

I had the same problem. I used some newspaper as a spacer until i got the G&P speed buffers in. Both ways the rifle now shoots fine.

I don't know if I would say that. They are just an upgraded WA and I would say the RA-Tech NPAS system is required for skirmishing. You still have the magazine issues, at least until GHK/RA-Tech/Pro-Win/Whoever else comes out with their mags... and until I see the internals of a Bomber mag I'll hold judgment.

These are pretty "out of the box" capable. They may not be the least troublesome GBB out there but I would say they are the best bang for the buck. You get the upgraded WA system for a reasonable price. I wouldn't buy any other GBB, but then again I wouldn't buy any GBB 1911 other than a WA.

The black receivers seem to have wobble which is easily fixed with a simple o-ring. The gray colt ones have a thicker finish which eliminates eliminates the wobble.

The problem with the stock nozzle setup is that it is not a true negative pressure system and the floating valve can move around even without the spring. So with the reciprocating action of the bolt, in full auto sometimes the nozzle pushes a round too far forward and if the floating valve is forward you get a shot that rolls out of the barrel. With an NPAS system you never have that problem. That is why I consider an NPAS system to be required for skirmishing, although I guess you can modify the stock setup to work in a similar fashion.