G&P GBB M4A1 family

The black receivers seem to have wobble which is easily fixed with a simple o-ring. The gray colt ones have a thicker finish which eliminates eliminates the wobble.

The problem with the stock nozzle setup is that it is not a true negative pressure system and the floating valve can move around even without the spring. So with the reciprocating action of the bolt, in full auto sometimes the nozzle pushes a round too far forward and if the floating valve is forward you get a shot that rolls out of the barrel. With an NPAS system you never have that problem. That is why I consider an NPAS system to be required for skirmishing, although I guess you can modify the stock setup to work in a similar fashion.

Mine has a colt grey reciever, it wobbles.... however it was one of the first ones released, so maybe they changed it.

I fixed with an oring, very simple fix, but the finish is pretty

Also, can someone clear up the grey mag vs black mag for me. Is the black magazine a different version than the grey one?

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

The two magazines I know of are the standard gray ones and the black 'S' magazines. The only functional difference I'm aware of is they 'S' type don't lock the bolt back when empty.

I hear you on the NPAS ThaFlash; I've not actually encountered that problem yet a few thousand rounds in, but I've got an NPAS bolt sitting here just in case...

The two magazines I know of are the standard gray ones and the black 'S' magazines. The only functional difference I'm aware of is they 'S' type don't lock the bolt back when empty.

I hear you on the NPAS ThaFlash; I've not actually encountered that problem yet a few thousand rounds in, but I've got an NPAS bolt sitting here just in case...

So the black magazines that come with the WOC are 'S' type? That's a bit disappointing.

My recently purchased one is a Colt grey finish, and there is no wobble at all. Like most said, it's a simple fix even it has wobble.

The reason I picked the G&P over the WE was because I was scared of out of box problems. The WOC has a decent kick, not spectacular, and will probably be greater if I replace the buffer with a heavier one. But, if it were weaker than it is now, I don't think I'd be satisfied. Like most have said, it is a blast to shoot (though I'm sure the WE is too), it gives a satisfying clank as opposed to the normal whine of the AEG, and once this mag-catch spring looses some resistance, it'll be great to do speed reloads and what not.

Edited by slu

for the WA magazines, there's actually 3 (prior to the release of the "super ver.") mags

- normal grey with bolt lock function (from first releases and sold in online stores)

- normal black with both lock function (came with the delta series and rarely seen sold in online stores)

- s-type black WITHOUT bolt lock function (came with the patriot and sold in online stores)

--------------------------------------------------

I've installed the NPAS in the AS bolt assembly which is the exact same thing that's in the G&P WOCs. I recommend the NPAS over the stock g&p setup just because it's a system that works more reliably. And also the great ability to adjust FPS to your liking or field requirements. I'm gonna be ordering another 2 sets for my other bolt carriers because it works that well.

so is it safe to say that G&P GBB ARs are the least troublesome GBB rifle platform out there? I am thinking of getting rid of the AEGs and get one of these.

I definitely won't say that they are trouble free, but mine has been good to me in the about 30 mags put through it. Other than having to do the 50rd mod to the magazine, I can't say that anything else has/needs to be done on it to make it shoot reliably... so far.

I'd say keep at least one AEG just for backup/cold weather playing sake IMO. I still have my three AEG's and plan to keep at least two in my arsenal for those non GBB days.

i agree...these gbb platforms aren't really meant to replace AEG's. it should really just be "another gun" to play with. Something different to add to your arsenal. I still have my AEG also, but I'm trying to play with my GBB instead because it's just a heck of a lot more fun. Kind of adds a new height of excitement when you play with a gbb rifle. Whether it be a WE or a WA type system, bolt lock functionality and the kick of a blowback on your shoulder is just freggin awesome. It was hard to stop smiling after first shooting mine and that was a stock WA on 134a.

So, can someone tell me if it is normal for the long barreled versions of the WOC to have a CQBR length inner? Or did someone mess up when assembling mine? Also, mine came shipped to me with a broken buffer retention thingy (the part that keeps the buffer in the buffer tube). Kinda disappointing, especially the barrel issue, isn't the purpose of a longer exterior to have a longer exterior for range and FPS?

So, can someone tell me if it is normal for the long barreled versions of the WOC to have a CQBR length inner? Or did someone mess up when assembling mine? Also, mine came shipped to me with a broken buffer retention thingy (the part that keeps the buffer in the buffer tube). Kinda disappointing, especially the barrel issue, isn't the purpose of a longer exterior to have a longer exterior for range and FPS?

The resulting FPS is not skirmishable if the barrel is too long, so the IB length is uniform for all their models AFAIK to keep the FPS uniform throughout their lineup. Increasing the barrel length results in a marked increase in FPS apparently, far more so than AEGs. It's been discussed on the forums, but sadly G&P doesn't include it in their product description.

As for the retention thingy, sorry to hear. You can buy replacement buffer detents in the States for about $3.

Edited by slu

Yes even the full length M16A4's have the CQB barrel in them... but in all honesty, it is still very accurate. As slu stated, the shorter inner was to keep the FPS the same in the WOC lineup. Some have reported large FPS gains with longer inner barrels/tightbores but from what I have read and seen, accuracy hasn't seemed to improve much, even with tightbores.

*sidenote* my Bomber mags are on the way and should be here early next week, I'll throw up a mini review as soon as I try them out.

Edited by sadman

The magazine I received with my WOC was gray and had bolt lock functionality.

The G&P is frighteningly accurate and more importantly consistent out of the box. It's light years ahead of the WE; I'm glad I got rid of it!

As for the Boom Arms / Boomer / Bomber magazines, I'm not so impressed at the moment; two of the three I currently have leak straight out the gas exit port when filling / filled. Still waiting on Boom Arms getting back to me on a fix.

The G&P is frighteningly accurate and more importantly consistent out of the box. It's light years ahead of the WE; I'm glad I got rid of it!

Can't emphasize this enough. It really shocked me when I skirmished with it. It reminded me of some of the IPSC AEG's I built a few years back in regards to the consistency... in what is essentially a stock barrel and hopup (the G&P is just a metal version of a WA).

My buddy liked his WE a lot, but after seeing our WOC's and how they perform, he's planning on buying one.

Well I recieved my WOC Commando from AEX today, only to find that there was no magazine shipped with the gun. Other than not being able to shoot it, the gun looks nice. I hope the mag gets here before my game this weekend...kinda ###### off but AEX said they would ship me one so it should work itself out. I also have a GHK mag on the way, I'll post a review of that mag once I get it.

So I recently installed a Magpul ASAP plate on the WOC. As others have reported, the fit is perfect and installation was a breeze. However, I know that there was some discussion before about the G&P M4 having a military (wide) buffer tube, but mine doesn't seem to have that.

As many of you know, to ensure compatibility, the ASAP plate does not come with a buffer tube alignment "notch" integrated into its structure like the normal rear plate does. Instead, it ships with two small black metal pieces that are put in place during installation, and which serve the same purpose as the notch. The kit comes with two such metal pieces: a taller one for the thinner commercial tubes and a shorter one for the wide military tubes.

I ended up using the commercial piece after quickly discovering that the military piece is not tall enough to interface with the buffer tube at all when put in place. I don't have a caliper measurement, but I definitely don't have a mil-width tube.

Any experience from others? Maybe G&P as different widths out.

Edited by slu

Slu,

My WOC, which is the M4 Length Aluminum barreled one comes with a commercial width buffer tube. I tried my commercial CTR stock on just to see if it would fit for fun, and it does with very minimal wobble. Needless to say I'm happy that I didn't have to buy another stock :)

Also, I just did a video tutorial on how to disassemble and reassemble the front end of the WOC, including the hop up unit since it was mildly confusing to me at first and there are no other videos out there, should have that up here in a few hours.

Awesome work on the video. Much appreciated. Any chance we can see a disassembly video of the lower in the future?

I agree, great work. A lower disassembly would also be awesome, as I'm looking to put ambi controls on my WOC and haven't even found a manual online yet.

Are you positive about that big texas?

My WOC01 which is the same as your is a Mil-spec buffer. You say minimal wobble, mine has no wobble.

The commercial is larger than the milspec, so it could be that you bought the wrong sized stock

Hmm, that's odd. That was my mistake earlier, mil-spec tubes are indeed thinner than commerical tubes.

However, I am certain I used the taller metal piece with the ASAP, which is labelled "commercial." But using a taller spacer on a wider buffer tube doesn't make too much sense.