G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Racing, both of those questions were already answered, read more next time, but the answer is yes to both.

And I'm sure it's commercial, since my MilSpec stocks will not fit. My caliper reads it at 1.168'' in diameter. And I didn't "buy the wrong stock" I am simply using the one off my real steel :)

I'll see about the lower disassembly, looks a bit tedious, I'll see what I can do however.

Edited by Big Texas

What do you guys use to remove the little black clip that holds the bolt carrier to the bolt ?

I removed it with a pin but you have to put to much pressure on one side and I fear that doing this a couple of times over will break it for sure!!

Special kind of pliers ? homemade tool ?

the trick should be to apply equal pressure to both sides at the same time

bolt2.jpg

I bought two of the bomber mags, first run started leaking out of the top after ~10 rounds on semi... for both of them.

Off to a bad start. Initially they appeared decent out of the box, they were not as nicely finished as the one that came with my WOC, which I expected. I filled them with a 10 second gas charge let it rest for a moment, then 5 seconds more of gas. They held gas just fine while I let them come up to room temperature. It is almost like these mags had a built in timer, after a trial with each magazine after shooting in semi for 10 rounds they both began to shoot gas out of the top of the magazine. Not very impressed with them.

It appears that AEX reduced the price of the WA mag to $85, I have a feeling I'll be buying some of those as I don't know how much work it will take to get the bomber ones working right.

Edited by sadman

For my problem I disassembled one of the mags and after removing the rubber seal for the exhaust, I noticed that one of the o-rings had blown off and was hanging in the middle of the release valve. I have to wait till I go down to work to make a custom tool to remove the valve properly, I'll keep you guys posted on my findings.

Update - I went through both of them and they each had the same o-ring lying along the innerds of the release valve. I simply lubed up the o-ring (which was bone dry) did some playing with it to make sure it wouldn't fall off as soon as I operated it and reassembled the mag. I've only shot 1 mags worth of bb's through it since, but it seems to be working now.

Just out of curiosity, does anybody know if the "Accu Wedge" would fit the G&P WOC?

http://blackrifleworks.com/accu-wedge-p-134.html

I have a good deal of wobble between my upper and lower receiver, and I got a #7 o-ring but I can't get it on without taking off the rail on my WOC (Defender rail), which is too much of a pain for me right now lol. So it looks like this Accu Wedge is supposed to fix the play between the upper and lower receiver and is really easy to install...anybody know if it'll work?

I have one in my RS AR and after comparing where it goes to my G&P, the G&P does not have the room for an accu-wedge to fit in there like the real steel does, you'd have to do some modification to make it fit/work in the WOC.

I have one in my RS AR and after comparing where it goes to my G&P, the G&P does not have the room for an accu-wedge to fit in there like the real steel does, you'd have to do some modification to make it fit/work in the WOC.

Ahh ok thanks. I'll probably just stop being so lazy and take off the front rail to get the o-ring on.

What do you guys use to remove the little black clip that holds the bolt carrier to the bolt ?

I removed it with a pin but you have to put to much pressure on one side and I fear that doing this a couple of times over will break it for sure!!

Special kind of pliers ? homemade tool ?

the trick should be to apply equal pressure to both sides at the same time

http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u265/londerzeel/bolt2.jpg

If you want the right tool, you need one of these:

circlipplier.jpg

Circlip Pliers

Edit: Also, amateurstuntman suggests that you can do this with two screwdrivers.

Edited by T0p Sp!N

Had my first real issue with the gun (ignoring magazine troubles) here. It started intermittently shooting with major drop offs of recoil and velocity. It began getting worse where it became a continuous problem.

I disassembled the bolt assembly and the O-ring on the back of the bolt assembly has been worn down and was not making a seal. A simple replacement and it is shooting hard as ever.

Probably a dumb question, but... has anyone tried fitting a real steel upper receiver to any of these WA system rifles?

I'm guessing due to the hopup design it would be a "no-go", but I would really fancy a WOC with an A2 upper so I thought it was worth asking about ^_^

Probably a dumb question, but... has anyone tried fitting a real steel upper receiver to any of these WA system rifles?

I'm guessing due to the hopup design it would be a "no-go", but I would really fancy a WOC with an A2 upper so I thought it was worth asking about ^_^

I would like an A2 too... I tried with my Century Army AR15A2 and it is a no go.

I believe the stock G&P receiver is too short.

Since I'm posting anyway, does anyone know where I can find:

1.) BCG disassembly guide

2.) Lower receiver disassembly guide

(1.) I'm just curious and will probably need it for future maintenance, and (2.) I would like to install ambi controls.

Edited by slu

You are right about the G&P reciever; both the WA and G&P versions are to short. The INO and Prime versions are 1:1 to RS spec, however.

Also, I know where to find assembly guides but not dissasembly.....you could probably figure it out though so I will edit with a link. If you can't get it, PM me; i'll walk you though it.

EDIT: HERE is the assembly guide. *NOTE* It is for an INO, but for what you are doing the only real difference will be in Step 3, part 7-15 will be attatch differently.

Edited by -=OGGY=-

Yeah, Prime and Ino bodies are the only ones that work since they're suppose to be closer to RS scale. My inokatsu has a CMMG RS upper (had to be modified to fit). Works perfectly

Thanks for the information guys!

"Inokatsu" and "Prime" are words that have never fit into my budget, so it looks like no A2 upper for me.

But no matter, "WA System" and "Budget" are two things that don't generally go together anyway. :lol:

OGGY:

Thanks for that. I'm not sure what you mean when you say step 3 will be the only different, but steps 7-15 are also different? BTW, the Prime lower looks great. EDIT: Nevermind, had a brain fart. Thanks for the link.

To follow up on davedawg's question:

I am considering this setup: G&P upper receiver, G&P barrel, real rail system (URX or DD RIS II). I realize that I will have to adjust the upper receiver thread. Apart from that, should I forsee any other problems with the installation? I.e., will the rail sit flush with the upper receiver? I have no problem shimming the "ledge" on the barrel, but I would be concerned if I need to thin down that "ledge."

I had previously thought this was no problem (I installed a URX on an AEG before and thought it would be just as simple with a GBB), but is there anyone with first hand experience that can tell me a yes or a no, or some details? Most of the people I see installing these rails have a Prime receiver, but I'm perfectly happy with the stock WOC receiver and would like avoid the (considerable) additional expense if at all possible.

Edited by slu

Hi Folks

not really a regular poster in this thread, but there are two questions I'd like to ask:

1) There's been a little talk over in the WE thread about exploding gas mags. Is this a WE-only thing, or do WA mags also explode/blow off in high temperatures?

2) does anybody have experience with replica optics? not just cheapo china sights as such, but specifically replica Aimpoints, Acogs, red dot Acogs, eotechs, MkIV CQTs and the likes? How well does which model stand recoil, does it hold zero or does it short out (red dots)

Hi Folks

not really a regular poster in this thread, but there are two questions I'd like to ask:

1) There's been a little talk over in the WE thread about exploding gas mags. Is this a WE-only thing, or do WA mags also explode/blow off in high temperatures?

2) does anybody have experience with replica optics? not just cheapo china sights as such, but specifically replica Aimpoints, Acogs, red dot Acogs, eotechs, MkIV CQTs and the likes? How well does which model stand recoil, does it hold zero or does it short out (red dots)

Chevieblazer, I haven't heard of WA mags exploding. They are very, very thick...and heavy...much like a pistol mag. I'd say they're probably more prone to cracking when dropped (much like a pistol mag too), but I've yet to hear of a WA or even the newer clone mags exploding.

Unfixable leaking on the other hand...

I'd say its a double edged sword. A) they hold more rounds than a WE, but they're heavy as hell. You don't wanna carry too many on you.