G&P GBB M4A1 family

well I wasn't really thinking about WAs only, but also the GHK and Bomber mags

Probably too soon to tell. Didn't they just come out? They still felt heavy and robust to me. I think the main difference was the main compartment...cylindrical, vs. square therefore pressure will be spread more evenly (I'm guessing)..but def. still thick. I'm hoping its not just "heavy use of pot metal" thick...

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

I highly doubt the WA mags will ever explode. I've been reading the WE forum and it's just crazy how many exploding mags have been reported and this is JUST on arnies. I keep my mags on my hip and i just wear a t-shirt when i play (no heavy ######) so there is NO WAY I'm putting something with exploding risks and a hidden tag that says (keep out of direct sunlight) in my mag pouch. The bomber mags are pretty much the same weight. I haven't looked inside of the bomber ones but the WA mags are very well enforced. People running with WA mags shouldn't have to worry about exploding mags. And the GHK ones have an outer shell that's used to cover the gas chamber. The Pro-win mags seem to do the same. The thin outer walls of the WE IS the gas chamber.

I highly doubt the WA mags will ever explode. I've been reading the WE forum and it's just crazy how many exploding mags have been reported and this is JUST on arnies. I keep my mags on my hip and i just wear a t-shirt when i play (no heavy ######) so there is NO WAY I'm putting something with exploding risks and a hidden tag that says (keep out of direct sunlight) in my mag pouch. The bomber mags are pretty much the same weight. I haven't looked inside of the bomber ones but the WA mags are very well enforced. People running with WA mags shouldn't have to worry about exploding mags. And the GHK ones have an outer shell that's used to cover the gas chamber. The Pro-win mags seem to do the same. The thin outer walls of the WE IS the gas chamber.

Actually, it isn't. You remove the "sleeve" and there is an internal chamber. That chamber is still alot thinner than the WAs' though...

I guess there is a reason why it is heavy.

I'm not sure how the WE stores the gas: are there cylinders inside the magazine? Because a box shape is a poor pressure vessel (stress at edges).

For realism nuts, the weight of the WA magazine is much closer to that of a loaded AR-15 magazine than, say, an AEG magazine. Of course, the weight empty of the WA magazine is pretty much the same as the loaded weight, which is not the case with AR-15 magazines.

Sig552:

Don't know, but I don't think this is the right thread.

Edited by slu
I guess there is a reason why it is heavy.

I'm not sure how the WE stores the gas: are there cylinders inside the magazine? Because a box shape is a poor pressure vessel (stress at edges).

For realism nuts, the weight of the WA magazine is much closer to that of a loaded AR-15 magazine than, say, an AEG magazine. Of course, the weight empty of the WA magazine is pretty much the same as the loaded weight, which is not the case with AR-15 magazines.

Sig552:

Don't know, but I don't think this is the right thread.

It looks squarish to me..the same goes for the real WA mags...

No exploding mags here, I have a couple of bomber mags and they are just as robust on the inside as the WA ones IMO. Only trouble I've had is them blowing seals.

Back on the topic of using replica sights on the WOC, I use a ebaybanned 4x ACOG and it does just fine.

Hey Slu, what in your opinion would be an ideal shape for a pressure vessel? Would such shape helps in consistent gas discharge?

Well I think consensus is a sphere would be ideal, but that's a hard shape to work with, which is why most if not all containers of pressurized gas is cylindrical.

Would such shape help in consistent gas discharge? I know very little about this, so I have no idea. It shouldn't help with cooldown, as the pre-expansion temperature and pressure of the gas is the same regardless of the vessel you are using.

I'd sure like some new innovative magazines, but I'm not buying any more until they prove to be their worth.

Although, I'm getting quite sick of the WA type magazines, I don't go more than a game without having to take one apart to leaks... plus, the plastic externals on a magazine that weighs in nearly as much as a brick doesn't seem like such a smart idea.

Howdy all,

I know there was some confusion about this in the past, but does the WOC have a commercial or mil-spec buffer tube?

Posts on the previous page suggest that the WOC has a commercial size tube, but I just want to confirm.

As a follow-up, most airsoft buffer tubes are commercial or mil-spec?

Edited by Gigueand

WE mag is a reservoir, kind of box shape inside.

Does anyone have the Pro Arms 5 piece barrel set? - http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7874 I'm just wondering whether to pick one up. I like the idea of changing the barrel length without the fuss of major disassembly.

Sorry for the noob question but do these take AEG parts? If so which parts will they take? AEG receivers being used seems unlikely but I see no reason why pistol grips or maybe barrels wouldn't be interchangeable.

Nope on pistol grip, it doesn't need a motor and AEG pistol grips are too wide. However, oft-cheaper real steel grips fit great.

Nope on barrel, the hop ups are completely different in shape, but G&P makes tons of barrels for the WA at around the same price as AEG barrels (albeit, for some reason they don't sell the 18" by itself).

And, nope on the receiver.

Edited by slu
Nope on pistol grip, it doesn't need a motor and AEG pistol grips are too wide. However, oft-cheaper real steel grips fit great.

Nope on barrel, the hop ups are completely different in shape, but G&P makes tons of barrels for the WA at around the same price as AEG barrels (albeit, for some reason they don't sell the 18" by itself).

And, nope on the receiver.

Hmm

So I take it real steel stocks are usable. How about front ends and rails? I saw in a review that someone had to modify their real-steal font set to fit it on, which suggests that AEG RIS sets and hand guards or usable. Or that WA got their dimensions wrong.

I might check that Pro Arms 5 piece barrel set Hitman was talking about. I saw it on WGC (or a clone of it) and it calls the m16a2 barrel an m16a2 commando, which if I remember correctly is 16". Never heard of an 18" barrel though.

Hmm

So I take it real steel stocks are usable. How about front ends and rails? I saw in a review that someone had to modify their real-steal font set to fit it on, which suggests that AEG RIS sets and hand guards or usable. Or that WA got their dimensions wrong.

I might check that Pro Arms 5 piece barrel set Hitman was talking about. I saw it on WGC (or a clone of it) and it calls the m16a2 barrel an m16a2 commando, which if I remember correctly is 16". Never heard of an 18" barrel though.

18" is SPR. G&P makes a front end kit and packs the 18" barrel with a rail tube and a flashhider, but for some reason doesn't sell the barrel by itself.

The only incompatibility between real steel, say, rail kits and the WOC is the front receiver thread. AFAIK, they are different. The WOC has a G&P thread, so all their kits fit. To fit a real barrel nut on their thread, you'd have to rethread it to the correct pitch (the diameter is correct), which can be done either by force-attaching the real barrel nut over the threads, or buying a threading die and doing something similar.

On the other hand, if you're not gonna swap out the barrel nut, the WOC in its current form probably fits things like KAC RIS/RAS (not-FF) and Magpul MOE handguards fine.

The buffer tube that comes with the carbine WOCs AFAIK is a commercial width tube, so all real stocks designed for a commercial width tube will fit the WOC fine. Will real buffer tubes fit? That I don't know, I'll find out later this year if I decide to swap out the buffer tube: it's again a question of thread pitch, this time at the rear of the receiver.

As for barrels, AFAIK, the "shelf" (meaning the ledge at the base of the barrel that the barrel nut clamps down on, ask if it's not clear) on the G&P barrels are different from other barrels meant for drop-in fit on the original WA M4: the shelf on G&P barrels is thinner (much more like a real barrel) than that of the stock WA barrel, so you are able to screw the barrel nut down furthur with the G&P barrels. So, while G&P barrels will be compatible with real steel barrel nuts/rail fore-ends, barrels with the original WA "shelf" will require modification (i.e., grinding down the "shelf"). This is probably the modification you read about, and one that is probably not needed for a WOC (I can't say for sure until I do it myself). You can see what I'm talking about just by comparing these two photos:

Stock WA Type

G&P Type

However, having no experience with the stock WA M4, I can't say this is from first hand experience. Actually, there is a great photo from Gas Guns Info forums, originally posted by uscmCorps I believe, that shows the difference directly:

"Shelf" Thickness Comparison

Edited by slu
Humpff.

Last time G&P made a "major improvement" they replaced their blue AEG piston (holding up for its 3rd year now) with the white one (broke after ~50 shots)...

That's funny cause my G&P white pistons are running M110 & M120's and are in the 100's of 1000's of shots fired.

I'm curious what the actual "update" will be.

That's funny cause my G&P white pistons are running M110 & M120's and are in the 100's of 1000's of shots fired.

I'm curious what the actual "update" will be.

I've heard a different carrier and nozzle. Maybe a metal nozzle? Who knows.