G&P GBB M4A1 family

This is going kinda OT, but I don't know of any white piston here that didn't break >1000 rds. maybe you just got lucky, or we got really unlucky.

Anyways, I'd like to ask a couple of qeustions concerning the G&P. right now I'm like 95% sure I'll get a WOC, so:

1) Receiver wobble: I recall USMC said a few pages back that a small o-ring inserted between the UR and LR where they meet at the frontal takedown pin solves the problem. That so?

2)Anyone tried a prime bolt with his WOC?

3) I'll propably run one operational LR with a number of URs with different front sets, so I'd also need to get more hop ups and inner barrels. Now there's both a pro-win and a prime HU that goes with AEG barrels. which one is more recommendable? How great is the accuracy/range with standard 6.08 barrels? is it even worth the effor to install a tightbore barrel?

4) I've heard a lot of good things about the NPAS, and since playing with different power settings would greatly help. Question is, would I be better off the the plastic or the aluminum version? Used in conjunction with the Prime bolt carrier and the G&P HU and one of the HUs mentioned in 3

5) Has anybody actually tried if the stock WOC bodies are compatible with G&P aftermarket WA bodies? (I guess so)

6) goes specifically for all European users: How's the gun doing on Abbey Predator gas? do the WA mags hold it?

7) Other than the NPAS for overall smoother operation and adjustable power levels (360fps for Belgian games and 400 for german ones) is there anything on the WOC that needs to be replaced for it to work properly? long term/short term?

Thanks ;)

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

I know the same question was posted at GGI, but I'll post the little I know here.

This is going kinda OT, but I don't know of any white piston here that didn't break >1000 rds. maybe you just got lucky, or we got really unlucky.

Anyways, I'd like to ask a couple of qeustions concerning the G&P. right now I'm like 95% sure I'll get a WOC, so:

1) Receiver wobble: I recall USMC said a few pages back that a small o-ring inserted between the UR and LR where they meet at the frontal takedown pin solves the problem. That so?

Sort of varies, case by case, and also person by person. Mine has minimal wobble, but others have reported either a good amount of wobble or were particularly peeved about the wobble. The wobble is normally side-to-side wobble generated by the front takedown lug on the upper not fitting tight enough with the lower receiver (i.e., a slight gap). There are a few fixes to fill the gap: 1.) The o-ring fixed you mentioned above, 2.)Using shims on both sides of the lug (you'd have to find some way to permanently attach the shims to either the lug or the lower, or they'll just fall off everytime you split the receiver), 3.) the tensioning front takedown pin from G&P.

2)Anyone tried a prime bolt with his WOC?

Had no idea Prime made a bolt. If you're speaking of the bolt carrier (the CNC Alu ones they made for the WA M4), they should fit fine, though unless your looking for a lighter carrier for higher ROF, the stock steel G&P carrier is fine. If you're instead talking about the bolt, at this point if you're looking for a replacement bolt, the RA-Tech NPAS is pretty much the most logical choice, despite its cost.

3) I'll propably run one operational LR with a number of URs with different front sets, so I'd also need to get more hop ups and inner barrels. Now there's both a pro-win and a prime HU that goes with AEG barrels. which one is more recommendable? How great is the accuracy/range with standard 6.08 barrels? is it even worth the effor to install a tightbore barrel?

Haven't done any range/accuracy testing, but I'm quite happy with the stock inner barrel in a carbine. I don't have any experience with the AEG hops, search on GGI maybe for a review. As for me, I think I'll stick with the G&P hop if I do get another upper.

4) I've heard a lot of good things about the NPAS, and since playing with different power settings would greatly help. Question is, would I be better off the the plastic or the aluminum version? Used in conjunction with the Prime bolt carrier and the G&P HU and one of the HUs mentioned in 3

Can't say anything about this one: I don't own and haven't used anything you mentioned except the G&P hop. Though, again, unless you're aiming for higher ROF, I don't see any reason for changing the bolt carrier to an aluminum one.

5) Has anybody actually tried if the stock WOC bodies are compatible with G&P aftermarket WA bodies? (I guess so)

I haven't tried, but I'm 99% sure they are exactly the same. In fact, the same wobble problem was reported for the aftermarket part.

6) goes specifically for all European users: How's the gun doing on Abbey Predator gas? do the WA mags hold it?

Don't know what Abbey Predator is, but if it's propane/green or propane-pressure levels, it's again case by case whether or not the mag you get will leak or not. Mine didn't leak. If you want out-of-the-box no leaks on green, I think your best bet/highest probability of a non-leaky mag is GHK.

7) Other than the NPAS for overall smoother operation and adjustable power levels (360fps for Belgian games and 400 for german ones) is there anything on the WOC that needs to be replaced for it to work properly? long term/short term?

From my experience, nothing in the short term. As long as you keep the bolt carrier well lubed (both outer surface and inner surface), replace as you find things break I'd say. When you just get the WOC, it will be pretty much bone dry, so make sure you give everything a good wipe-down with your favourite grease before firing.

Thanks ;)

Hi Slu, thanks for the help!

I indeed meant the prime bolt carrier, which I mainly want for being black. I definitely want one of those NPAS bolts. Not even a Star or Systema AEG can change it's power output that fast. Only point being if it should be the plastic or aluminum one, which is basically a question of how sturdy the plastic Npas is.

Abbey predator is a gas that's made by a company in Britain and unfortunately isn't shipped stateside. Its power is somewhere between 134a and GG, closser to GG propably. Since it's a kinda in-between, I was wondering if the WA mags (and especially the AGM-Mags ;) ) will hold it.

Just a few answers:

Zero wobble here, on two separate units (WOC-01 and WOC-13, both with >1200 SN's). Both seem to have a small plastic piece (either spring loaded or elastic) working as an accuwedge. From what i heard, all newer WOCs have those installed. There is a drawback though, you need a hammer to take out the rear pin.

Haven't tried those, but the standard G&P hopup seems to be good enough for now, and is available relatively cheap. Hovewer, i did have some problems at first, with pellets trickling out the barrel - fixed with some teflon tape, seems that whoever assembled the gun forgot about one o-ring that should go on top of the rubber. As for the barrels, i've installed a 370mm 6.02 - both range and accuracy visibly improved. The problem is, i don't think it's skirmishable - don't have a chrono at hand, but it shatters beer bottles from 10m away... NPAS seems kinda mandatory.

Not sure about that specific gas, but i haven't had any leaks yet when using Ultrair (standard green). Going to test it with industrial propane soon.

Nothing broken YET, but other users on a local forum report occasional malfunctions of the bolt stop and charging handle. Could be a problem with early models though, as both seem pretty solid in my WOC.

I hear G&P outter barrels are different from WA outter barrels?

So would this

http://ebaybanned.com/product_info.php?products_id=2284

fit into my G&P WOC?

it is a copy of this

http://airsoftglobal.com/product_info.php?products_id=7874

They're different. WA/Dytac/AGM outer barrels have the thicker base as such requires the WA barrel nut. G&P has a thinner base.

Your EBB one seems to be G&P based, have a look at the Dytac one as as a comparison. Can't tell for the Airsoft Global one, photo too small.

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe it's the wrong place to ask this, but I'm really wanting to get a woc m16. I've been in a debate on whether I should sell my main AEG (an upgraded G&P M16 a parts list too long to list. Haha) So to you aeg and woc owners, would it be worth it to get rid of the two aegs I have to fund a nice setup with a woc?

The other option would be to keep the main aeg and sell my pistol and raise a little more funds.

Thanks for your input.

Edit: looks like I necroed the topic. Oh well, it was still on page one I guess. Haha.

Edited by Ion
I'm glad you revived this...

To your question; I would sell one, keep the other for a back up, and pinch pennies to get teh WOC... ;)

Also, and anyone heard anything on the concerns of law enforcement in the US about the gas guns being converted to fire real rounds?

All GBBRs except maybe for the Inokatsu will explode to thousand pieces after the first shot of a live round. :D

Edited by KWP

Well, it sorta depends on where you're from. even parts of Cali can get cold during the winter. Too cold to use a GBBR. So you should keep at least one AEG for the cold time of the year...

Edit:

the ATF was looking into the WE to my knowlege, and since it's still sold inside the US, I guess the initial problems could be resolved

Edited by Chevieblazer

Alright currently I am a bit.... ###### off. I have recently bought and received my G&P WOC M4 RAS. I put about 3 magazines through it in my backyard throughout the past 3 or 4 days. It was shooting awesome! I was very impressed with it. I take it out to my skirmish today and pop a magazine in and start rattling some shots off. About 3 magazines later and I am getting constant double feeds, pissing shots that will go 5 feet and die and ones that will just roll out of the barrel. This has kept up and actually gotten to the point where about 20/50 shots will result with the aforementioned problems.

So my question is, what is the cause of this? I have done quite a bit of searching and have come up with it is attributed to the Positive pressure system of the gun. I plan on purchasing an RA-tech plastic NPAS nozzle setup soon but I would love to be able to skirmish with my WOC in the next event and I am sure I won't be able to purchase and receive the NPAS nozzle by then. Does anyone know any way to fix these problems without purchasing an NPAS setup?

I have taken my hopup down and checked it out. All seems great, adjusting the hopup does not have any thing to do with the problems listed.

Edited by Optomis
Alright currently I am a bit.... ###### off. I have recently bought and received my G&P WOC M4 RAS. I put about 3 magazines through it in my backyard throughout the past 3 or 4 days. It was shooting awesome! I was very impressed with it. I take it out to my skirmish today and pop a magazine in and start rattling some shots off. About 3 magazines later and I am getting constant double feeds, pissing shots that will go 5 feet and die and ones that will just roll out of the barrel. This has kept up and actually gotten to the point where about 20/50 shots will result with the aforementioned problems.

So my question is, what is the cause of this? I have done quite a bit of searching and have come up with it is attributed to the Positive pressure system of the gun. I plan on purchasing an RA-tech plastic NPAS nozzle setup soon but I would love to be able to skirmish with my WOC in the next event and I am sure I won't be able to purchase and receive the NPAS nozzle by then. Does anyone know any way to fix these problems without purchasing an NPAS setup?

I have taken my hopup down and checked it out. All seems great, adjusting the hopup does not have any thing to do with the problems listed.

Sounds like it double-fed and cracked the loading nozzle so you are losing pressure in the chamber.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone have any luck with the clone mags? GHKs are just way too tight and I don't really want to modify the magazine well and compromise the fit of the WA mag. I was going to avoid the AGM mags as the last I heard, they had issues. Anyone tried the 5KU mags in G&Ps? Theres also the EAC mag on ehobby. But I suspect its just a re-branded 5KU despite a listed 10 round discrepancy in capacity.

I had a problem that produced similar results when I had mine. What had occurred is that there was a fray on the bolt assembly that wore down the o-ring inside the assembly. After replacing that mine worked again.

Thanks for the tip man, I'll keep it in mind if it ever occurs again. I fixed it for the time being thanks to SniperX, he instructed me to take the hopup down to the packing then clean it all up and throw a few layers of electric tape around it (the actual packing). Works 100% now if the charging handle hadn't of snapped! :angry:

Edited by Optomis

Just started having the same issue.

Sadman, which of the three O-Rings are you referring to?

part 17, 19 or 166?

http://www.gasguns.info/dl/WAparts.pdf

Optomis, am I correct you need to take the outer barrel and delta ring off to get at the Hopup?

Edit:

before the problems started, i tried to adjust the hopup for .2g BBs, and even with the HU off it was still arching upwards, but now they just dribble out. Doubht the HU is the problem...

Edited by Chevieblazer