G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Hello all,

Since this topic seem to be the most active on Arnies regarding G&P GBBRs I'like to pop the question here.

I recently bought my G&P WOC (me is very happy, though I need to learn a lot about their proper maintenance and how to fix the initial issues (double feed, BBs rolling out of the barrel, etc). I am planning to upgrade my WOC with an RA-Tech NPAS. Should I buy the complete bolt or would just the aluminum nozzle be enough to make my gun a bit more reliable and to have the NPAS?

Also, is there any advantage to the RA-Tech bolt carrier ? I am very happy with the ROF and recoil of my WOC as it is now I don't want to have less recoil. And as far as I know the RA-Tech bolt carriers are some light-weight ones to increase ROF, decrease recoil. Would the nozzle set itself be compatible with the "original" G&P one?

Thanks

I've read through all pages, as I want to buy a WA-based GBBr.

Would owners confirm the following points as 'issues' for the WOC?

- Wobble between upper & lower, amount differs from replica to replica

- Bolt carrier wears down, causing the bolt stop not to function

- Plastic nozzle can break, for skirmishing best to replace with RA-Tech NPAS bolt anyway.

Anything else needs attention/replacement in the future? Or is the WOC, except for these points, skirmish worthy?

I've read through all pages, as I want to buy a WA-based GBBr.

Would owners confirm the following points as 'issues' for the WOC?

- Wobble between upper & lower, amount differs from replica to replica

- Bolt carrier wears down, causing the bolt stop not to function

- Plastic nozzle can break, for skirmishing best to replace with RA-Tech NPAS bolt anyway.

Anything else needs attention/replacement in the future? Or is the WOC, except for these points, skirmish worthy?

- Yes, there is some play between upper and lower. someone once said it got better from serial number 1000+. Mine is 1200something, and there's a little play, but managable

- mine is very new, has about 3-4 mags through but it's showing signs, yes. The BC is heavy, but definitely not steel as advertised

- plastic can always break, but most WA bolts are plastic, so that's not so much an issue.

- However, the G&Ps seem to like to have a gross drop in power after only a few mags through, with double feeds, BBs rolling out of the barrel or flying maybe 2 feet. For some reason I yet need to figure out, it seems to be the hopups fault, at least replacing the HU fixed the problem. Apparently, generously applying plumber's tape to specific parts also works (see Optomis' post)

- GHK mags are a very tight fit and will need some filing and use. IMO, the GHKs are the only WA mags that give a half way realistic look

- Yes, there is some play between upper and lower. someone once said it got better from serial number 1000+. Mine is 1200something, and there's a little play, but managable

- mine is very new, has about 3-4 mags through but it's showing signs, yes. The BC is heavy, but definitely not steel as advertised

- plastic can always break, but most WA bolts are plastic, so that's not so much an issue.

- However, the G&Ps seem to like to have a gross drop in power after only a few mags through, with double feeds, BBs rolling out of the barrel or flying maybe 2 feet. For some reason I yet need to figure out, it seems to be the hopups fault, at least replacing the HU fixed the problem. Apparently, generously applying plumber's tape to specific parts also works (see Optomis' post)

- GHK mags are a very tight fit and will need some filing and use. IMO, the GHKs are the only WA mags that give a half way realistic look

to ruin your theory on 1000+ with lil play between upper and lower, mines is W1407 and its wobble pretty bad, as you can hear it. (When I first recieve it it was slgihtly less but now its really noticeable)

Hi,

has anyone tried to fit a KAC RASII from ebaybanned to his G&P WOC ?

If so, did it fit without modifications ?

Btw, the 5KU mags are quite good, actually. Their design is pretty basic (no markings on the floor plate) but they are sturdy and so far they hold the gas without any noticeable leakage. The mags feature the bolt-lock option, although this only works when holding the gun upright. If you tilt the gun to the side (90 degrees) the bolt won´t lock. Dunno if this is standard or if this is a particular probem with this type of mag...

The sizes can be a bit off. Two out of three mags fit without problem but one had to be "treated" with a heavy plier to make it fit. One side panel of the mag was slightly bent outwards.

Other than that, no complains. For the price of one Bomber mag in Germany I can get three (and a half) 5KU-mags, so I am not going to be too picky :-))

Edited by chris337
Hello all,

Since this topic seem to be the most active on Arnies regarding G&P GBBRs I'like to pop the question here.

I recently bought my G&P WOC (me is very happy, though I need to learn a lot about their proper maintenance and how to fix the initial issues (double feed, BBs rolling out of the barrel, etc). I am planning to upgrade my WOC with an RA-Tech NPAS. Should I buy the complete bolt or would just the aluminum nozzle be enough to make my gun a bit more reliable and to have the NPAS?

Also, is there any advantage to the RA-Tech bolt carrier ? I am very happy with the ROF and recoil of my WOC as it is now I don't want to have less recoil. And as far as I know the RA-Tech bolt carriers are some light-weight ones to increase ROF, decrease recoil. Would the nozzle set itself be compatible with the "original" G&P one?

Thanks

Just to answer this in case you still need it, the RA Tech Carrier is heavier than the stock WOC as it is made of Steel, which adds to the recoil. I also change the recoil spring to their "summer" spring to get some snappiness back as the heavy bolt carrier is difficult to cycle for the stock spring.

Can't tell you if it increased it compare to the stock 6.08, as mine came with PDI 6.01(210mm), but I switched to the RA-Tech 6.03(250mm). The length was one reason I changed, but another was because the hop-up that came with mine(used) was missing a small spring...so I figure I swap out the whole hop-up with barrel and not worry about it....

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement bolt carrier group for my G&P and was wondering what you guys use in your G&P´s.

I looked at a lot of possibilities like RA-Tech, AS, standard WA replacement parts or cheap AGM bolt sets. The NPAS is not a necessity, so RA-Tech wouldn´t be my first choice due to the price but on the other hand they are the only ones who offer aluminium nozzles for the WA-based guns.

So far I´ve been using Abbey Ultra gas and shooting semi only. What would be the rational choice in terms of fitment and durability?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

chris

Hi,

I am looking for a replacement bolt carrier group for my G&P and was wondering what you guys use in your G&P´s.

I looked at a lot of possibilities like RA-Tech, AS, standard WA replacement parts or cheap AGM bolt sets. The NPAS is not a necessity, so RA-Tech wouldn´t be my first choice due to the price but on the other hand they are the only ones who offer aluminium nozzles for the WA-based guns.

So far I´ve been using Abbey Ultra gas and shooting semi only. What would be the rational choice in terms of fitment and durability?

Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

chris

have you broken your stock one already?

i just got my G&P WOC M4 (short) and am running the stock bolt carrier. I have only emptied a couple of magazines worth of BBs through it using PC duster.

I modified my bolt/loading nozzle's innards for better reliability.

Hi,

no, I´m still running the original config but it is always good to stock some spare parts in time so you have them when something breaks during a game.

From what I´ve read the nozzle and the bolt carrier are the parts most likely to fail after extended use and that´s why I´m looking around not for most expensive, but rather for the ost rational replacement part.

CRW tested some bolt carriers in an AGM and they found out that the stock AGM bolt carrier is well worth using it in any WA variant. So they say, but what do the users say?

Is anyone going for the far more expensive RA-Tech option which is sixteen times more expensive than the AGM bolt? Is the difference in quality, function and longevity that big ?

As I said, the NPAS is not a necessity for me.

Oh well, I´m still waiting for my AGM bolts to clear customs. Once I receive them I will do a more detailed testing.

Enjoy your WOC, it is an extremely nice piece of equipment :-)

Btw, how did you modify the innards of your bolt/nozzle?

Regards,

chris

I am using the RA Tech and its quite well made...the problem I see with the AGM pot metal bolt in WOC is that most parts in WOC is steel, the wear rate compare to stock AGM will be much higher....now if you buy 16 of them and replace it then fine......

Steel RA-Tech bolt also increases the kick nicely...

FYI for WOC users, the new G&P MUR+Troy/Vltor body kits are quite nice. The fit is much better than my stock WOC body(no wobble even without the "magic pin"), and still fits the old WOC upper. I swap the parts over to the new lower and used the new MUR for a 2nd upper. While it is crappy the G&P does not release a "upper only" receiver, the $150-ish price(Airsoft Global) isn't bad...

original.jpg

Did anyone find new shops that sell the G&P WOC in Europe ? All the shops I found until now have ridiculous prices ...

Hi HOOT,

the only shop carrying them in Germany is Kotte&Zeller (www.airsoft24.de). The only version available at the moment is the M4 Commando. The price is set at a high 700,- EUR. Keep in mind that all guns in Germany over 0.5 Joule are limited to semi only. But that can be easily rectified....;-)

Regards,

chris