G&P GBB M4A1 family

I believe its the receiver, Bomber uses the Prime Receivers, G&P is cast and like their AEG receivers can be potentially as brittle as wafers.

Really? Bomber uses Prime receivers? Considering retail price for Prime kits alone is ~$500, Bomber sounds like a deal.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

From what I encounter most of the time yes it can, if you use good bb which wont chop.

Bad bb chop will ruin your hop up and nozzle.

I would suggest Bomber series over WOC since its CNC 6064 aluminium instead of pot metal aluminium

Really? Bomber uses Prime receivers? Considering retail price for Prime kits alone is ~$500, Bomber sounds like a deal.

I would NOT suggest the bomber over woc line! The metal is fantastic on the woc I have no complaints, and I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference. Seems like its just different body for the same product and at least to me I couldn't justify spending so much more for the bomber. Seems the majority of the price difference comes from bombers being "limited edition" from what I hear.

I would NOT suggest the bomber over woc line! The metal is fantastic on the woc I have no complaints, and I don't think anyone will be able to tell the difference. Seems like its just different body for the same product and at least to me I couldn't justify spending so much more for the bomber. Seems the majority of the price difference comes from bombers being "limited edition" from what I hear.

120usd over the defender is a bargin considering the receiver on the bomber would last a life time (also costs up to 5 hundy us just for the upper & lower receiver),im ###### i missed it!! I will be getting the G&P BOMBER m16a1 to complete my nam load

Edited by rvp69
120usd over the defender is a bargin considering the receiver on the bomber would last a life time (also costs up to 5 hundy us just for the upper & lower receiver),im ###### i missed it!! I will be getting the G&P BOMBER m16a1 to complete my nam load

haha ok your wallet not mine! Haha my G&P woc started off as the TANK. God he was so cute and small...Now he has an m16 length barrel and is accurate enough to shoot tooth pics.

But idk I don't think the body I have will ever break its sturdy as heck...Why don't you think it will last?

BTW the G&P locking pin is now back in stock for those above that were hunting for them!

Edited by SilentTank

haha yea my woc is awesome!! i want the m16a1 now lol as for the receiver,its cast metal which will become brittle over time especially with the kick back. eg you could take a hammer to the woc and smash the receiver to pieces,you would only dent and deform the bomer type receivers

haha yea my woc is awesome!! i want the m16a1 now lol as for the receiver,its cast metal which will become brittle over time especially with the kick back. eg you could take a hammer to the woc and smash the receiver to pieces,you would only dent and deform the bomer type receivers

ahhh I see! I effectively have the parts to make anything from a 4 inch barrel to the m16 length now. I just switch them as I need :D All I need now is the noveske free float rail, and the magpul pts prs stock and I have one heck of a looking and performer!

Ever since I opened that box that held my lil baby tank...I've been in love <3

Maybe someday I'll switch to one of those bodies, but lord another $500!! I'm already looking at 200 more just for the stock and rail system haha. Then again with that prime body....I think I might have the most beautiful GBB sniper out there to me!

Edited by SilentTank
how is the G&P WOC?

is it better than the WA M4?

forgot to add. what upgrades would you suggest for the WOC?

I love mine, they seem to be the most reliable M4s currently out. Just need to watch the charging handle and DEFINITELY get the RA-tech NPAS

by the way guys, I got my 5ku charging handle today and it fits without mods!

It depends. I play both outdoors and indoors so being able to adjust FPS up and down is a must.

I don't care what you play, that wasn't directed towards you. I'm trying to correct the suggestion to others that they don't need to "DEFINITELY get the RA-Tech NPAS" if they don't want/need adjustable fps.

Yea, well the NPAS. Funny thing about it is that most people who say it's awesome don't have it, and people who do have it don't think it's that awesome anymore...

I went for the airsoft surgeon solution, it's been working fine so far.

Here's mine:

Img_0014-2.jpg

with BlockII upper

Img_0005-6.jpg

Launcher version

Started out as a CQBR basic version with steel barrel. Things I changed:

14" alu outer (steel is just heavy)

G&P AEG RIS/Frontsight/Deltaring(yes it fits, the AEG RIS wouldn't with the GBB barrelnut, however)

Pro-win AEG Hopup with Madbull barrel

Prime alu BC (lighter weight for winter, also the only one available that's black like it should be) with G&P Bolt+ *albatross* kit

More accurate than any of my AEGs (VFC, G&P and KA), pretty consistent in controlled environment. Reliability is...doable, which is mostly due to the mags. the G&P mag was unusable before I put the upgraded O-rings in, the GHKs work, but sometimes the strike valve sticks and blows off the gas.

Oh, and did I mention this is my only gun that gives me the feeling I can effectively operate her in semi?

Yea, well the NPAS. Funny thing about it is that most people who say it's awesome don't have it, and people who do have it don't think it's that awesome anymore...

I went for the airsoft surgeon solution, it's been working fine so far.

Yup...I'm one of those people who have the airsoft surgeon kit AND RA-tech NPAS. I too put the airsoft surgeon I only adjusted the FPS the first week I had it and after that I never touched it again. I just left it on the most stable power I could get w/o it unseating itself. The ra-tech one required me to modify the damn thing to get it to fit. The Airsoft Surgeon one was super easy to install and works pretty much the same. My primary skirmish western arms build uses the bulls-eye floating valve with the positive pressure system and it works fine too. I also have the airsoft surgeon kit in an aluminum prime bolt carrier that I bought because it was solid black :)

Chevieblazer: your SI carbine is really gorgeous! The battle wear is nice too. I'm going for a similar set-up with a WOC M933:

-14.5" aluminium outer barrel with Ra-Tech inner

-TA01 + Tenebraex killflash

-DD 7" Omega Rail (going for that PJ Carbine look :) )

-KAC rail covers

-KAC/TD vertical grip, haven't decided yet

-PEQ-15 (VFC)

-4 position stock

-CQD sling attachment plate

-rear BUIS: no idea, hesitating between a Matech or a KAC 300M.

All I need is here already, just waiting for the WOC M933, laying around in a plane.

I'll be sure to post a picture when everything is assembled.

Chevieblazer, how is the prowin hop-up with AEG barrel going on for you? Good hop-up adjustement? Over-hopping? feeding problems?

Haven't gotten an answer in the Technical section, hopefully someone can advise here.

Was wondering if the Airsoft Surgeon energy booster works like the Ra-Tech NPAS ie. the fps goes up but recoil goes down. Also whether the claimed more consistent fps means it's more or less efficient with gas.

Looks to be a cheap but good upgrade to have.

Also, can WOCs take 134 gas? My own WOC is going to take another 2 weeks or so to get here.

jesTer - the RA-Tech and Airsoft Surgeon negative pressure systems work the same as they both hold the floating valve back instead of forward. You may not even notice the lack of kick especially if you're gonna be running 134. They both are consistent with shots but like with all gas products cool-down will still affect fps. The only difference is the Ra-tech one is adjustable to allow more or less air to pass out to the barrel. Efficiency will be the same because the magazine valve striking system isn't changed. The thing that's being changed is how the gas flows through the nozzle. I would recommend some sort of negative pressure system in WOC's because of the crappy g&p hop-up design.

shinhk - Thanks for the clarification. Was about to order the AS one when I saw Redwolf received a shipment of G&P's Complete Bolt Carrier Set (Negative Pressure) for (WA) Western Arms M4 GBB. Any idea how this is different from AS or Ra Tech's systems?

I think for me consistency and accuracy is much more important that straight high fps at the moment. I don't mind running 134a if fps is at least over 300 on at least .25 BB...

I love mine, they seem to be the most reliable M4s currently out. Just need to watch the charging handle and DEFINITELY get the RA-tech NPAS

by the way guys, I got my 5ku charging handle today and it fits without mods!

excellent I was planning on picking one up because my pin through the release part broke after a years heavy use haha

and guy above me the one in the G&P negative pressure is not adjustable, it is just built so that less gas flows to the bb and more towards the recoil

Edited by SilentTank
...Any idea how this is different from AS or Ra Tech's systems?

I think for me consistency and accuracy is much more important that straight high fps at the moment. I don't mind running 134a if fps is at least over 300 on at least .25 BB...

Haven't had the chance to test out g&p's negative system yet. I only have 3 bolt carrier groups that are currently working just fine so there hasn't been a need to find something "better". You'll get better fps consistency using the negative pressure systems, but your accuracy is determined by your hop-up & barrel setup along with the bb's you use.

Just a little report from today. I played a game today from 9am to about 3pm. Temperature started off in the morning in the high 40's to low 50's and there was some wind.

My WOC chrono's in at 320fps with .30's, 360fps with .20's and 350fps with .25's.

RATech CNC NPAS bolt; I had to take off some material in the back of the device in order to fit a 3/32" thick o-ring.

RATech CNC Steel Bolt Carrier: I used a wire brush to polish the cylinder and portions which come into contact with moving parts. I also lightened the carrier by cutting a portion and drilling some holes.

RATech 6.03 Barrel

RATech Hopup Bucking

GHK Mags

I had no real hopes for this gun working well today. I thought it would be too cold in the morning and that the sand and dust would cause a failure quickly. However, I had no real problems throughout the whole day. I had a few light strikes, like 5. The only other issues I had were when I was dumping my mags in full auto at the end of the day, I had a couple double feeds and some occasional ROF slowdown.

I kept the gun on semi the entire day for a few reasons. I try to always use semi auto to teach myself to be more accurate. I only had 5 mags to use, so I needed to conserve ammo. The recoil makes full auto not the most accurate. And I didn't want to risk cooldown in full auto during a game. So far I have always used semi whenever I fielded the gun.

I view this gun as a really big WA 1911. WA 1911's are high maintenance, high cost, great on semi-auto and not great on full auto.

First thing that reminded me why I love this gun so much is that I have great range, on par with my PGC mechbox AEG and some of the best AEG's in my group. But it doesn't have AEG accuracy and consistency as is to be expected with a gas in mag gun.

I was registering hits on people at the extent of my "effective range" with some authority which was surprising.

My pins were walking which is also to be expected, just a reminder that I need anti-creep pins.

Overall, I found myself not thinking about the gun and just using it as I would my normal AEG's. I still won't recommend this gun as a primary, but today made me think that it could be possible.

Before today I was on the fence about building up a gun from the ground up around a Prime body... Now I really want to.

The gun has setbacks. It's expensive to run. Mags are $45 for GHK's, but they work well and I remember paying that much for hi-caps back in the day. Accuracy won't ever match an AEG. It's volatile. And It's high maintenance. But it's fun, very fun. And when it works well, it's the most fun I have in airsoft.

On the flip side, my friend is having issues with his, and it's an expensive paperweight for him at the moment. They take work, and I wouldn't say that it's minimal. But it's not technically difficult.