G&P GBB M4A1 family

Just wanted to do a little reporting on the Pro-win mags. They work fine with duster and a squirt of greengas. (very cost effective and still provides a decent cyclical rate while preserving your internals) I tested a mag on full auto today with snow on the ground and it wasnt too bad.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Just wanted to do a little reporting on the Pro-win mags. They work fine with duster and a squirt of greengas.

Did you have any problems with inserting it into the WOC? I'm having issues with mine > http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=181052

I see you're using a RA-Tech Nozzle... I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Or the BCG.

Edited by jesTer
Did you have any problems with inserting it into the WOC? I'm having issues with mine > http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...howtopic=181052

I see you're using a RA-Tech Nozzle... I'm wondering if that could be the problem. Or the BCG.

You're nozzle is in the way of the magazine, so you will need to file down the mag catch.

You're nozzle is in the way of the magazine, so you will need to file down the mag catch.

I already filed it down a bit to fit the original WOC mag. I'm now concerned that if I file it down some more, the WOC mag won't fit right. Besides, it fit fine without the upper receiver, does that mean it's still the mag catch?

I already filed it down a bit to fit the original WOC mag. I'm now concerned that if I file it down some more, the WOC mag won't fit right. Besides, it fit fine without the upper receiver, does that mean it's still the mag catch?

It's cause when the whole upper is on, the BCG is in the way so you need to file the mag catch to let the magazine sit lower.

On the suggestion of a member of GGI, I decided to see how much height difference there was between the WOC and Pro-win magazine while in the magwell. Took out the mag catch and inserted the mags until they are stopped by the BCG.

prowin.jpg

Note: I have already done what was suggested on pro-win's site ie. file down about 0.2mm.

As you can see, the pro-win will seat too high when there's a mag catch. I also noticed I can't even pull the charging handle when the pro-win is inserted.

Now the problem is whether I want to file down so much of the mag catch seeing as how it's currently working perfectly fine for the WOC magazine. I'm concerned that if I file it down too much, the WOC mag won't stay in place anymore.

The other solution is to widen the mag catch hole on the magazine itself. But does anyone know how to take apart a pro-win mag?

Edited by jesTer

jesTer - I'm gonna dremel down the pro-win mag instead of the catch because my other mags work fine. I like the ability to switch to different mags whenever I feel like it. Pro-win's suggestion of modifying the mag catch only makes sense if you're gonna be running them exclusively. I don't really like that suggestion. It's like saying "we didn't design the magazines wrong...it's the fault of your mag release that it doesn't work".

shinhk - for the heck of it, I have a plastic Hong Kong branded (who's name escapes me) and a Killer Wasp Aluminium BCG in my spares. I think I will assemble that and check if that combo works tonight.

&^!*^!, should have just waited for the G&P branded ones to come in stock again... bugger.

Edited by jesTer

May I ask which versions of the WOC that people are having trouble with the Pro-Win Mags??

Im looking at entering the GBBR scene by getting a WOC Sentry + 5 prowin mags eventually and would want to know if it's one of the ones with this issue.

Edited by That Dude
May I ask which versions of the WOC that people are having trouble with the Pro-Win Mags??

Im looking at entering the GBBR scene by getting a WOC Sentry + 5 prowin mags eventually and would want to know if it's one of the ones with this issue.

Mine's the WOC Sentry sir. VLTOR lower receiver, VLTOR upper and DD RIS II.

Based on another member's experience, I think it's more likely the standard BCG+nozzle that's giving me so many problems. He has the same receiver but RA-Tech nozzle+Alum BCG and he doesn't have as many issues as me. My bolt won't even go all the way forward from time to time.

Edited by jesTer
Thats odd. The Pro Wins work OK in some WOCs and not in others it seems?

The four that my friends and I purchased don't...in three different WOCs too. They'll either first fire in semi properly, then a burst then vent or vent the entire reservoir on full auto and that's only if they fire. With the mags inserted in my WOC (stock BC and nozzle), tried it w/ the stock and a stronger hammer spring, did the fix prowin suggested and it looks like the hammer isn't even depressing the valve anymore. I double checked this w/ the upper receiver off and instead of it venting all the gas on semi as w/ my other working mags, I just get a slight puff noise, no significant gas expulsion...any ideas?

All 3 of mine works, but as jesTer mentioned, I am using a RA-T BCG. It is tight for the mag release(with the bolt forward you need to slam the mag in, ok with the bolt lock back), and the mag release is very tight to press with the bolt forward. But I have no issue with cycling in semi or fully auto...

I have a problem with my m4 gbb. I change the fire selector and now my hammer lock spring has the wrong position. Can anybody tell me what the right position is? Maybe with a picture?

Please helps me at soon as possible...

Sorry for my bad english.

thanks

bastel

Edit: I take a two pictures of my gun

img_4437ctq8.jpg

img_4439rpxz.jpg

img_4441y5zh.jpg

img_4442z5au.jpg

img_4444c612.jpg

Edited by Bastel

Finally got my WOC :D But I've got a few troubles...

Firstly what seems to be "the" mag to buy atm? As from what I can remember there didn't seem to be a major best buy, has that changed? What mags would you guys recommend?

Unfortunately mine came with a G&P mag and an ACM mag, both of which seem to be a little dodgy... The G&P seems to be a spring problem, which i'll have a tinker with... The ACM mag however doesn't engage the bolt catch when empty, neither when firing nor if manually racked and it doesn't engage in just the lower either... Could this be because the spring is too weak? Has anyone else had this problem?

Also, on the ACM mag there is a little lever on top of the mag, about halfway on the right side; I have no idea what this is for, could anyone enlighten me? :P

Other than that I'm very impressed with it, especially in terms of look and feel. I've got the RA-TECH NPAS and bolt etc. in her as well as a tightbore, so once I've got some mags sorted I should be good to go!

Thought this would be the best place to ask, rather than make a new thread, so thanks in advance for any help!

@elitesniper:

- definite mag to buy: there is no definite mag yet. All currently available mags have their problems. Still, in terms of performance either buy the upgraded G&P mag (if you can still catch some) or the pro-win. They both can take red/top/green gas out of box so no need to disassemble and re-assemble them just so you can use your favorite high performance gas. However, as you can read from previous posts get ready to file bits and bobs from your pro-win mag to ensure it actually engages the mag catch.

- ACM mag doesn't engage bolt catch : yes, it is a known issue with ACM mags. They are due to poor cloning :P Your best bet to fix the problem is to put a few layers of electrical tape on the lever on the mag. Make sure you use some glue as well to ensure they stay in place.

- ACM mag lever on top : that lever/pin is to set the mag whether to allow the bolt catch lever to move. If set to "no" position then it will force the lever in a "down" position aka will never engage your bolt catch. I don't know from the top of my head which position is which, so just play with it and you'll see. Also, it is really stiff at first so you'll need some serious force to move that lever/pin from one position to another.

Another advise : the original hop-up is a real POS. You may want to switch over to the RA-Tech one. Gives you much better performance, improves fps consistency and lowers the rate of jamming/double shots 10-fold. With the G&P hop I had shots ranging from 280fps-400fps with a 0.2 bb, rolling bbs out of the barrel, double, triple shots all the time. Same mag, same gas. With the Ra-tech hop I get 380-400, no rolling bbs, no double or triple shots.

Peace out! :D

EDIT: spelling, grammar, wording, etc

Edited by swannie_2006

Thanks for the reply!

Ah I thought it might be, but I couldn't easily push it forwards (the lever), so I didn't want to force it! What are the issues with the upgraded G&P mag?

And I'll have a think about the hop and check that is hasn't already been upgraded :P

Wanna get this baby working perfectly!