G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

When I had a G&P body my favorite was GHK. They were $45 brand new, hold gas fine, feed fine, lock back the bolt every time.

There were tight in the magwell but I worked them in so that I could pull them out easily and I actually like that they didn't drop free because the last thing I want is a gas mag hitting the floor.

They chrono'd about 10fps lower than a WA mag, but I saw them as the best all around especially when considering price.

Now that I'm using a Prime body, the Pro-Win wins out. It's better than the GHK in every way other than price. Fits perfectly in my Prime, but I wouldn't recommend anyone buying a bunch until they test one out. I haven't tested it on a G&P yet, but will do so probably in the next 2 weeks as I have events to attend on the weekend of the 21st and 27th and 3 of my friends are using WA designed GBB's (2 WOC, 1 AGM, but I'll give him my WOC body).

I also don't believe in filing away at the magazine or the mag catch until it seats, it's supposed to seat at a certain height for a reason, and instead of filing away until it seats too low, I recommend finding out what's getting in the way and working on that.

Well I'll be sticking with the G&P body as that's what my NPAS/bolt is for, so I'll have a look at the GHK. Not really bothered about the lower FPS as I can adjust it with the NPAS and I'm not going to be hitting the max FPS!

I'll have a wait and see how you find the Pro-Win in the other WOCs, then I might get one of them to have a look at too...

I'm sure it will all be worth it once I get this working :P

Looking at getting a new hop-up system for my WOC. I've got an element steel bolt carrier and I'm going to get an RA-tech aluminum bolt, I was wondering if I should get a PGC hop with an AEG TBB and H nub, or the Ra-tech hop and one of the RA tech TBB barrels. Any suggestions based on experience?

Just got my upgraded WOC from Speculator today , won't be able to shoot it for a couple weeks though :-(

Holy ###### these magazines are heavy.

I absolutely LOVE the trades on this receiver and the weight/heft of this piece. Absolutely terrific.

I've got a 5KU mag for it right now.

Are 5KU mags good to go?

Should I be looking for GHK pieces?

Tempted to try a Pro-Win for fit/use but don't want to be stuck with it if it doesn't work.

Just got my upgraded WOC from Speculator today , won't be able to shoot it for a couple weeks though :-(

Holy ###### these magazines are heavy.

I absolutely LOVE the trades on this receiver and the weight/heft of this piece. Absolutely terrific.

I've got a 5KU mag for it right now.

Are 5KU mags good to go?

Should I be looking for GHK pieces?

Tempted to try a Pro-Win for fit/use but don't want to be stuck with it if it doesn't work.

I've heard a lot of horror stories about 5KU mags, but I love mine. I have 3 of them. Would reccomend them. No leaks, feed fine, and lock the bolt back.

Looking at getting a new hop-up system for my WOC. I've got an element steel bolt carrier and I'm going to get an RA-tech aluminum bolt, I was wondering if I should get a PGC hop with an AEG TBB and H nub, or the Ra-tech hop and one of the RA tech TBB barrels. Any suggestions based on experience?

With as many parts as I have changed on my WOC, one part that I have never wanted to change has been the hopup system. I have changed the rubber to the RATech red hop bucking, but the actual hopup system gives me greater range and accuracy than my Pro-Win mechbox'd M4 and on par or a little better than my teammates' best AEG's. It was truly surprising and I'm sure the .30g BB's had a lot to do with it.

Anyone have any problems with fitment on a RA-Tech bolt carrier? I was working with a salesperson trying one out in my M4A1 and it seemed kind of tight, most likely around the gas key? It seems ridiculous to me that it wouldn't fit flawlessly... I guess it's possible that the store only had a Inokatsu model or something... but before I throw down some money I want to make damn sure it's going to work perfectly as a drop-in the first time.

Alternately, anyone have experience with mixing and matching the Airsoft Surgeon Lightweight with the RA-Tech NPAS?

Anyone have any problems with fitment on a RA-Tech bolt carrier? I was working with a salesperson trying one out in my M4A1 and it seemed kind of tight, most likely around the gas key? It seems ridiculous to me that it wouldn't fit flawlessly... I guess it's possible that the store only had a Inokatsu model or something... but before I throw down some money I want to make damn sure it's going to work perfectly as a drop-in the first time.

Alternately, anyone have experience with mixing and matching the Airsoft Surgeon Lightweight with the RA-Tech NPAS?

My RAtech steel carrier fits my WOC perfectly, its really smooth

though I have to add that the pro-win mag isn't win at all. It is a nightmare to make sure the mag catch "catches" the mag and after I pull the trigger the bolt gets stuckin the rearmost position until I fiddle wit the upper receiver. THEN it slams back to where it should be.

I have a bad feeling that I have to file away a few tenth of a millimeter on the mag..

* Le Sigh *

Those of you who read the KJW thread may have heard that my company Cradle Airsoft is in the process of making mags for the KJW platform. I figure this is as good a time as any to announce that we also intend to release mags for the WA system guns at the same time. These mags will be completely manufactured and assembled in the US. Our current designs should permanently do away with leaks and worthless mags with damaged feed lips.

Price is TBD. Release date is TBD (though certainly no sooner than mid summer at the absolute earliest). So keep your eyes peeled for info in the future.