G&P GBB M4A1 family

I heard good things about the G&P's from the few people that bought them. I had a terrible Pro-Win experience, I hope that it was just me getting an early model with poor QC but the fill valve is a quite terrible design by Pro-Win.

Yes and no, sure they make alot of noise and spray out gas a bit, and if thats a problem buy a few bags of the magbull fill valves and replace the originals!

Some people have had problems filling the mags but, being harsh, i wouldn't trust them with spooning food into their own mouths, too young to have a grasp on things.

Its simple to fill the mags up, abeit if you know how, pistol adaptor and speedloader help and the guys at Pro-win show you what to do with nice videos.

Also the Pro-wins look better than the G&P's!

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Mine came with metal filings inside the mag, inside the seal grooves. My release valve also would not seal. I eventually got it down to a slow leak, but it leaked more than my stock WA mags. I'm pretty sure I just got a bad one since it seems like few people had as many problems as I had out of the box, but it's also not like you can get any support from Pro-Win when their stuff goes wrong.

Pro-Win using a free floating brass tube to secure the fill valve is just bad. I've been contemplating tapping the magazine body for a proper sized sleeve that could hold the fill valve.

Their actual fill valve is the same as a GHK and many other Taiwanese gas magazines.

I never had a problem using a speedloader to fill my Pro-Win mag, it somewhat confused me that some people couldn't do it.

sooo to the nay sayer of the G&P...its just because you think they are to NEW at building gas mags to build a good one or you just know? Its a Mag and its 20$ cheaper than the Prowin I don't give a rat tail how it looks. So prowins have problems...the G&P mag is basically the wa mag with G&P o rings in it correct? Would this not make for the better mag?

I have not heard of a confirmation if it has the G&P upgraded o-rings, In all likelihood it's a black version of the Bomber, which is a good mag. I was going to get one, but I'll wait for the CO2 mag.

I'll pick one up then, and shoot it a bunch for ya guys. Any word on the co2 release yet? I saw the pics awhile back but I don't get my hopes up till its for sale lol.

I posted this problem over on GGI, but maybe someone here has different insight... I'm having this weird problem with my Pro-Win magazine, where I have to rack the charging handle manually after each and every shot. The mag cycles the bolt just fine when there are no BBs loaded (if I hold down the bolt stop, of course). I thought it might be the feed lips on the mag, which are notoriously tighter than most (I already had to file them down just to get them to load BBs) but I filed them quite a bit more and no change. I'm worried about filing them much more. They're not loose yet but they feel fairly comparable in terms of ease of loading with my G&P mag?

Anyway, now taking suggestions! This is the last problem (fingers crossed) preventing this gun from being field ready!

Hmm... now that you mention it... not necessarily! Sometimes it seems to get sort of stuck... and I see wear from the bolt carrier on the top edges of the nozzle. That's probably not good.

You think all I need to do is replace the spring? Not really sure how stiff it should be... or if that's the problem or if friction is the problem. Everything's freshly oiled but fits fairly snug.

I posted this problem over on GGI, but maybe someone here has different insight... I'm having this weird problem with my Pro-Win magazine, where I have to rack the charging handle manually after each and every shot. The mag cycles the bolt just fine when there are no BBs loaded (if I hold down the bolt stop, of course). I thought it might be the feed lips on the mag, which are notoriously tighter than most (I already had to file them down just to get them to load BBs) but I filed them quite a bit more and no change. I'm worried about filing them much more. They're not loose yet but they feel fairly comparable in terms of ease of loading with my G&P mag?

Anyway, now taking suggestions! This is the last problem (fingers crossed) preventing this gun from being field ready!

Not sure if the nozzle spring is the problem because you mentioned it cycles fine without any BB's.

My guess is that something might be wrong with your floating valve. What kind of loading nozzle set are you using (e.g. RA-Tech NPAS, stock WA, etc.)? If you're using a stock WA design, the floating valve in your loading nozzle should get pushed back after you load the BB. After the BB fires, the valve closes to vent the gas backwards for the blow back. I think that the valve isn't moving back after the BB fires so all the gas is venting down the barrel.

The bolt carrier is probably cycling fine without BBs because the floating valve moves to the blow back position after you manually charge and, without a BB to push it back, the valve stays in the open position.

It's hard to say what is exactly wrong without having it in my hands - I could be wrong.

Edited by BaBaBooey

I think that the valve isn't moving back after the BB fires so all the gas is venting down the barrel.

If that would be the case, there would be no blowback and the magazine would vent because... You do have a blow back, right?

Whilst if the nozzle is stuck in its forward position, the bolt carrier will cycle just fine, but because the nozzle does not retract, it will not be able to load a BB.

As someone has suggested on GGi: use a camera in a bright-lighting condition to film the blow back... If the nozzle does not retract, it should be easy to spot.

If that would be the case, there would be no blowback and the magazine would vent because... You do have a blow back, right?

Whilst if the nozzle is stuck in its forward position, the bolt carrier will cycle just fine, but because the nozzle does not retract, it will not be able to load a BB.

As someone has suggested on GGi: use a camera in a bright-lighting condition to film the blow back... If the nozzle does not retract, it should be easy to spot.

I apologize, I miss understood. I thought he was getting zero blowback. I assumed the entire bolt carrier assembly was not moving back with the BB in the chamber. Is it just the nozzle that isn't moving back?

Depending on how much pressure is in the magazine, I have seen instances where the magazine valve actually pushes the valve hammer back (even with an upgraded hammer spring) preventing the entire magazine from venting gas. But you are right; typically the entire magazine will vent.

Probably worth noting that I've also had occasional problems with mags venting (not happening on this pro-win so it may not be the same issue, usually it happens near the end of a mag).

Doc just posted a guide on aligning the flute valve and after looking at his pictures I think his fix might help with this problem. I'm leaving on a trip for a bit but when I get back I will try that fix and if it doesn't work I will do some video.

Thanks guys, appreciate the help... I'll be back!

• 5 weeks later...

howdy guys got my first prowin mag (holds gas like a champ and holds 50 bbs and can be loaded with speed loader VERY nice) However I think my hammer spring is to weak to strike the valve hard enough to release gas. That or because its 100degrees F, it is overheating and the gas has expanded so much that my 120% hammer spring can't handle it. Any advice??

Yeah, same thing happened to me. I tried two different trigger group sets, and two different firing blocks, both with the same result. What I did was I pulled the legs down, basically stretching it. I'd recommend getting a G&P 150% Spring and Pin set though.

if that doesn't work, track down an AGM hammer spring. That will fire ANYTHING :)

where can I find this??? Tried ebaybanned but not sure if its the same one

Oh and I can't even find the G&P 150% on their website...I have the 120% but thats not doin it. Ill acquire the agm if I can find them somewhere.

Edited by SilentTank