G&P GBB M4A1 family

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Sadman, I think you missed the point. Pedro is trying to answer a previous question asking "how does it perform in the field," not how fun it is. If you guys are looking for fun, fun is a subjective matter. Some people can play pong all day long (people in my dorm), that to me is not fun, but to them, it is the time of their lives...

I'm gonna play devil's avocado here and say that...

I think pedro is trying to say that,paper wise, the AEG is better than the GBB. You guys are all talking experiance wise which has nothing to do with the stats...

We really can't say what experiance a person has, so any personal experiances about how you used the rifle is irreleavant as every person plays differently, which is why he is talking about it from a data standpoint, where you can actually compare the 2.

You really can't say, I hit someone 200 feet with a TM, so everyone should be able hit someone at 200 feet with a TM. as everyone has different skill factors.

Also, if you guys are so worried about how you are able to use a rifle, why even bother to ask someone else how they feel about it?

You guys are clearly basing the use of a GBB in your experiances rather than statistical data...

Take these 2 cars for example, Lexus IS350 vs BMW 335i

On paper the IS350 is faster than the 335i, but if your on the track, it really depends on how you would use it. So if you can beat a IS350 on the track due to your driving skills, that doesn't necessarily mean someone else can.

Edited by Spartan452

Why is it that people always do metaphors with cars? When someone buys a G&P WOC based off of statistical data what happens if they have trouble playing with it? They'll grumble that it sucks and their AEG is better so what's the sense right? Experience is everything. The more you play or fix up ANY airsoft gun the better you get at playing with it.

uscmCorps - You're right. You either get it or you don't. :)

Why is it that people always do metaphors with cars? When someone buys a G&P WOC based off of statistical data what happens if they have trouble playing with it? They'll grumble that it sucks and their AEG is better so what's the sense right? Experience is everything. The more you play or fix up ANY airsoft gun the better you get at playing with it.

uscmCorps - You're right. You either get it or you don't. :)

When someone buys a G&P WOC and it turns out bad, that is from his own experiance, not because of how it actually is, it how he used it. Which proves exactly why you can't compare your experiances with someone elses.

Like USCM said, experiance is highly variable, so it isn't a very good medium for comparison.

Since everyone isn't a scientist or engineer, which you clearly are not, cars are just easy to understand.

Edited by Spartan452

Farm animals are much easier to understand than cars. And you've proven our point as well. That again it doesn't matter what specs it has on paper or what not. It's what you can get out of it. So to make the assumption that it isn't as good on paper makes less skirmishable is about as much hogwash as a horse that can talk.

Farm animals are much easier to understand than cars. And you've proven our point as well. That again it doesn't matter what specs it has on paper or what not. It's what you can get out of it. So to make the assumption that it isn't as good on paper makes less skirmishable is about as much hogwash as a horse that can talk.

Stats do matter as it is the only nonsubjective deciding factor. If someone tells you "based on my experiance, horses can talk," we know for a fact that horses cannot talk. But if you buy a horse thinking it can talk, based on some lunatic's experiance, your a fool.

Your right, talking animals just make sense..

During the last OP, one of my teammates used his WE M4. Those hold almost half the volume of BBs that the WA system uses. And yet he was highly competitive and able to take out his share of tangos. When I play (regardless of whether I'm using an AEG or GBB) I often use semi auto only as I like to pick my shots carefully. If I really wanted to send large volumes of plastic down range, I'd use hi-caps. That's not how I play. I've used the WA system in games, and the only reason why I had to take a break from it is because carrying 10 M4 GBB mags along with the rest of my gear was just downright agonizing at times. But I still got my kills against other players who used AEGs. If the only way you're able to stay competitive with AEGs is to match volume of fire, then perhaps you need more experience. But what do I know, I've only been playing for close to 20 years.

During the last OP, one of my teammates used his WE M4. Those hold almost half the volume of BBs that the WA system uses. And yet he was highly competitive and able to take out his share of tangos. When I play (regardless of whether I'm using an AEG or GBB) I often use semi auto only as I like to pick my shots carefully. If I really wanted to send large volumes of plastic down range, I'd use hi-caps. That's not how I play. I've used the WA system in games, and the only reason why I had to take a break from it is because carrying 10 M4 GBB mags along with the rest of my gear was just downright agonizing at times. But I still got my kills against other players who used AEGs. If the only way you're able to stay competitive with AEGs is to match volume of fire, then perhaps you need more experience. But what do I know, I've only been playing for close to 20 years.

Would you say your WA setup was very practical?

Would you say your WA setup was very practical?

Yes. The only thing difficult about it was the weight of the mags. But if I carried fewer mags, or redistributed the weight better (which would probably help a lot), it would have been equally competitive. I grew up using Asahi, MGC and JAC guns. What people refer to nowadays as "Classic" Airsoft. Back then you made do with what you got and figured out how to make the most out of it.

You're reading too much into the talking horse metaphor. Go outside and play with a farm animal for while. And stats can be very subjective as it's easily manipulated as milking a cow.

On paper the HK416 is better than the M4, are you saying HK made up those stats to make the M4 look bad?

Same with the Scar and the XM8, those rifles on paper are better than the M4, are you saying they are also made up too?

Right, so before this gets way too far off topic - stats can be easily manipulated, which is not to say that all of them have been. :rolleyes:

Next person to mention farm animals, BMWs, or the subjectivity of experience gets a trout to the kisser. ;)

Might I mention my Camaro?... heh j/k.

I think people's opinions can be very valuable, and other than the structural facts about these guns their opinions are about the only other source of information about these GBB rifles. Thus, this is why I am trying to get their opinions on this series so that I might make a better purchase. Don't you guys generally do as much research on something as you can, especially if it is valuable/costly to you?

I've been toying a lot with the idea to buy a GBB M4, esp. after handling a WA one.

What keeps me away from them

- high price of magazines - with WA family at least. Perhaps to be solved with eithre PGC, G&P or KA magazines?

- poor cold weather performance, which would be a problem over here. I can use my AEG during winter, but autumn / spring sometimes have varying temperatures along the day

With the G&P GBB, at least I drop one other scare factor - the big initial price point required to have a full metal solid internals working rifle. Right ?

I've been toying a lot with the idea to buy a GBB M4, esp. after handling a WA one.

What keeps me away from them

- high price of magazines - with WA family at least. Perhaps to be solved with eithre PGC, G&P or KA magazines?

- poor cold weather performance, which would be a problem over here. I can use my AEG during winter, but autumn / spring sometimes have varying temperatures along the day

With the G&P GBB, at least I drop one other scare factor - the big initial price point required to have a full metal solid internals working rifle. Right ?

Eh, certainly what I'm hoping as well. As for magazines, PGC announced theirs (there are few different varieties, including 10 and 20-round look alikes) for around $50, so hopefully the first issue will be resolved as well, but I'm certainly not investing in a G&P until I see that those mags are available and work.

Edited by slu
Eh, certainly what I'm hoping as well. As for magazines, PGC announced theirs (there are few different varieties, including 10 and 20-round look alikes) for around $50, so hopefully the first issue will be resolved as well, but I'm certainly not investing in a G&P until I see that those mags are available and work.

All 11 of mine work fine.

Probably not too difficult. G&P seems to have released carbine stock parts that include the buffer tube (carbine buffer tubes are different than full stock buffers). If you choose to switch out your stock to a carbine I'd probably go with the G&P one as I'm not 100% sure if the G&P GBB M4 lower receiver can take a RS buffer tube (other members have reported that their RS buffer tubes weren't compatible with their WAs... not sure if G&P replicated that inaccuracy or not).

In other news, I've installed my Magpul ASP sling mount last week and it is SWEET. Used in conjunction with the Magpul Dynamics MS2 sling, it makes transitioning from right to left shoulder a breeze! When they officially come out I highly recommend at least getting the ASP Sling Mount (as for the sling, there are several good slings out there like EMDOM's Gun fighter sling which is almost the same thing).

I've been in contact with RATech over their new products, NPAS nozzle set which allows you to adjust the fps of your gun with a simple twist of a part and will get that as part of a full bolt & bolt carrier set as well as one of their tightbores. I'll share what I know and how they work with G&P GBB M4s once they arrive.

new update for NPAS video in the video they say in the vedio they fill the gas too much .so cause first several shoots had white smoke .next time video we will take care of this .

To kind of bring this back a little:

This is one awesome GBB. Now just waiting for the RATech parts and for reasonable mags, or even semi-reasonable.

Nice. Man, I am so tempted to pick one up right now, but I just have to wait for those PGC mags.