G&P GBB M4A1 family

Pictures staticzero...pictures brotha!!....please? :D

Inbound, ETA unknown.

The bolt doesn't need to be back when you insert the mag. The hammer needs to be back. I don't know if mine is like this, but I've heard this about most of the G&P's. I just always have the gun on safe when I insert a mag, gun can only be on safe with the hammer back.

I noticed a few things with mag insertion which I'll cover in more detail later. But two pieces of advice I would give include the above, and also a light touch on the mag release may be needed at least until it breaks in a bit.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

Hit up SC AEX last night with a buddy of mine, we each walked out with one each. At least one other customer bought one last night while we were there too. They were getting a lot of attention.

They had just gotten the shipment that afternoon and hadn't gone through and inventoried them yet. Initially we thought we were out of luck and would have to come back today since they weren't ready for sale. But, the guys there were nice enough to break 'em out for us right then and there. We just had to wait around for an hour or so while they unpacked them and did the count and such.

As a result we got to check out every configuration available as they got them ready and brought them out, it was pretty cool to say the least. And yes, the trades are all intact.

I left with an M16A4 (picked up an M203 to go with it) and my buddy chose the M4A1. We spent some time checking them out at home, comparing them to our realsteel and basically giving them the once-over. We're very impressed with them to say the least. I have a WA so I knew what I was getting into but this my buddy's first GBB rifle. He kept remarking, "It's too real, it just feels so wrong." Years of California conditioning I suppose. :)

Got a game this weekend, more to be told I'm sure. Hoping to do a full and detailed write up on these soon.

One last note, I did an initial chrono last night and verified the FPS, hit between 385 and 390 FPS over ten shots with one that broke 400 (Propane, .2g, probably around 50F, Guarder chrono).

You're alive! :o:blink:

Bring it to the game! I'm itching to get one of these so bad!

a light touch on the mag release may be needed at least until it breaks in a bit.

I had that issue with mine when I first got it. The parts are now broken in and I no longer have to do it, but I still do out of habit. Also another thing I noticed about mine was that my initial out of the box chrono reading I got with 0.25g BBs was 365-355 fps. This was using a Madbull chrono. A week and 250 rounds later, the velocity settled in at 340-350 fps with 0.25g BBs. I've had my G&P WOC for about a about a month now and the velocity has held steady at that 340-350 fps range. I have not skirmished with it yet. I probably won't until more inexpensive options for mags come out. All in all, I love my G&P GBB.

:o .................Man Corps you sure know how to pull it off. Now you have both an AEG version and a GBB version for your CC setup. Very nice, I applaud thee with 100 internet cookies!

Now all you need to do is mod a Pmag to work with gas somehow

Edited by pforcerecon

Darn you staticzero, the M16A4 is the one I'm getting, I heard a rumor somewhere that they only have 2 of each on hand at the moment... now I have to order mine tonight ready or not :P

I think it will go good w/ my G&P M203 as well & RS heatsheld for it. Money away!

*edit* just payed for it, crossing fingers that they still have one and ship soon. :)

Edited by sadman
Darn you staticzero, the M16A4 is the one I'm getting, I heard a rumor somewhere that they only have 2 of each on hand at the moment... now I have to order mine tonight ready or not :P

I think it will go good w/ my G&P M203 as well & RS heatsheld for it. Money away!

*edit* just payed for it, crossing fingers that they still have one and ship soon. :)

You can call them. They're PST so they should be open still and see if they still have them in stock.

You can call them. They're PST so they should be open still and see if they still have them in stock.

I saw a second A4 when I bought mine. However I think they probably got them at more than the SC store, and who knows how many they have alloted for online sales too.

Definitely worth giving them a call if you're concerned. They're open for another three hours.

Edited by staticzero

Meh I'm not too concerned, just gave me a good excuse to order now. I've dealt with them before, if they don't have it in stock they call me the next day. Now I can join the proud G&P WOC owners!

Weather is starting to get into the mid 60's now, even lower 70's. I'll try and get a skirmish report asap after getting it.

I too intend to get that negative pressure system for mine as funds allow w/ a full length tightbore. The thought of getting it to the 365-375 w/ .25g (my local limits) and having a great recoil sounds very exciting to me. That and have to keep praying for RA-tech to release semi-affordable magazines that are reliable. :)

Edited by sadman

I got a WOC steel barrel M4A1 recently (from HK). I had ordered the steel version but the box I received had the aluminum version number on it. Thankfully, the steel version was indeed inside the box. I really like the metal body. The engraved trades are just awesome (makes laser-etched trades seem half-assed :P) and the body has a nice finish. I anticipated the mag would be heavy and yet I was still a bit surprised. The weight does take some getting used to compared to AEG mags. Apparently, if the trigger is pulled and hammer released, the valve knocker pops out and blocks the magazine's valve. Pulling the charging handle resets the valve knocker (I think you can also just push it in from the magwell) allowing the mag to be fully inserted. That coupled with the magazine catch needing some breaking in contributed to some confusion as to how to insert and seat a mag. That may also be why some people experience gas being released upon inserting a mag.

I haven't had a chance to tinker with it much but hopefully I'll get to soon. I dry fired a couple shots (left over gas in mag from the retailer). Nice!

Does the steel barrel give you that RS feel with being more front heavy? I wanted one for the M16A4 I just ordered but unfortunately it is not available in that model.

Did you get the RAS version? The normal version has an aluminum barrel and the RAS version has steel.

The steel does make the balance feel more realistic. It is 90% of the reason I added a steel barrel to my WA, trying to get it to feel as much like my RS as possible. My AEG M4 had a steel barrel on it before I cannabalized it for parts to build up my WA, now it is back to the stock aluminum as the RIS I had to put on wouldn't work with my Guarder steel barrel. It's like night and day.

I got the A4 with RAS thus I don't have to worry about it this time around. I held the normal A4 in the store, and wow was it light for being huge.

Anyway if you did get the normal one you should be able to get a steel barrel for it, they do exist as evidenced by my own.

Edited by staticzero

I got the plane Jane M16A4, so I might be in luck with it being in stock anyhow. I have a G&P M16A1 and it is pretty lightweight with the aluminum barrel (minus my tank of a M203 on it). I suppose a steel one will be on the list of goodies for it.

It adds a bit of heft to the front. It's nothing extraordinary, but it's there. No idea how it compares to RS. I'll have to get a proper scale one of these days...

TM M14s and VFC Krinkov PDWs, now those are front heavy.

This is just using a bathroom scale mind you so only accurate to .5 lbs but here's the best comparison I can muster...

My WA is configured identically to my RS, that being Troy CQB SPC style (basically carbine + vltor clubfoot + MRF-10 + troy battle sights + tango down covers and such), like in my sig. The WA doesn't have it's metal body yet but is rocking a steel OB. WA = 6.5 LBS, RS = 7.

Subjectively, I can't tell them apart on hand-feel alone save for the grips (which is deliberate on my part). Balance, weight, I can't tell based on that.

Edited by staticzero

My bud has one of those as well, after a year of tying to acquire it from him with no previal, I simply got a large multi-purpose pouch so I can lug a Coleman propane tank w/ adapter on my back :P . TacticalTailor makes a great flashbang/smoke grenade pouch BTW, holds my smoke bb canister nicely.

Where did you snatch that up staticzero?

It's by GB-Tech. Most of the HK shops have it. I probably got it from WGC. I think I may have done a review on it which should be around here somewhere.

My bud has one of those as well, after a year of tying to acquire it from him with no previal, I simply got a large multi-purpose pouch so I can lug a Coleman propane tank w/ adapter on my back :P . TacticalTailor makes a great flashbang/smoke grenade pouch BTW, holds my smoke bb canister nicely.

That was my backup plan. Mostly when I've used my WA in games before I was just screwing around with it, so I didn't mind going back to the car to refill. This weekend I intend to make proper use of the G&P. I have a specter gear pouch that fits this thing around here somewhere. Lots of cordura laying about my place atm as I search for this and that.

This is just using a bathroom scale mind you so only accurate to .5 lbs but here's the best comparison I can muster...

My WA is configured identically to my RS, that being Troy CQB SPC style (basically carbine + vltor clubfoot + MRF-10 + troy battle sights + tango down covers and such), like in my sig. The WA doesn't have it's metal body yet but is rocking a steel OB. WA = 6.5 LBS, RS = 7.

Subjectively, I can't tell them apart on hand-feel alone save for the grips (which is deliberate on my part). Balance, weight, I can't tell based on that.

Alrighty, my crappy bathroom scale yields an approximate weight of 6.5-7lb (tiny tick marks and weight varies depending on location on the scale) for my standard M4A1 steel barrel version w/ mag (standard handguard, front sight, carry handle, LE stock, etc).

I was stumbling around the G&P website and found a XM177E1 conversion kit for the WA. Maybe not too long till we get a M16A1 as well?

G&P XM177E1 conversion kit for WA

It almost looks like there are trades on there but they are blurred. Hopefully bad photo is all.

Reading the product description it sounds like it comes with pretty much everything but a bolt, might be a good one to mod for the RA-tech setup.

Edited by sadman