G&P GBB M4A1 family

I can tell you the difference in shooting in near 70 degree temperatures compared to 40 is very noticeable for me after testing this weekend. Recoil is much stronger and range improved near 20ft as well as fps (which is to be expected). Even with that, I had trouble getting to shoot 2 loads of bb's off of 1 gas charge. Accuracy was far more consistent with the warmer temps until I went auto, the recoil spread the bb's out quite badly after the initial shots.

Thanks bud, so far it looks pretty good, considering it's always warm around here.

• Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

If I'm not mistaken, it may be soon. I'm going by tomorrow so I'll ask for you if no one else already has.

Thank you, sir, that would be appreciated greatly. I just saw them come up on Redwolf as well. I'm just waiting for some reviews of those Bomber mags.

Just to clear things up for everyone: the WE M4's recoil is superior. The G&P WOC M4's recoil is weaker probably because of its insane ROF. The RATECH video of the test shooting of the G&P WOC M4 only corroborates this. Shinhk's post further proves this. The fact that he supports the G&P WOC M4 gives us two insights into the truth: stock WE M4 recoil > stock G&P WOC M4 recoil. But ROF-wise, stock WE M4 ROF < stock G&P WOC M4 ROF...

Just to actually clear things up, owning both rifles myself, the G&P has greater felt recoil and slightly higher rate of fire. Plus, the G&P recoil is crisp and loud whereas the WE is sort of sluggish and hissy, and the G&P has higher and more consistent muzzle velocity and better groupings...

wem4afc16.jpggpm4woc16.jpg

Wouldn't swap my G&P M4 WOC for a WE M4 any day.

Thanks for the comparison pics xerxes! Makes me that much happier that I chose the G&P of the WE.

After shooting about 20 mags worth through mine now, I'm starting to see the wear problem where the bolt stop hits the bolt. I did notice that the actual bolt stop when engaged by the magazine does not fully engage it which seems to be why it is starting to shave off the corner of the bolt. Anyone with experience taking the mag apart, do you think a guy could put in a stiffer spring on the bolt stop actuator on the magazine to get it to fully engage the bolt stop?

Edited by sadman

I think spartan452 had the same issue as you. As you stated, I think the problem was that the bolt stop doesn't fully engage the carrier. I recall reading that the 50 round mod, found on gasguns.info review/guide section, will apply more tension to the mag bolt catch follower which should increase pressure to the bolt stop. Also, I think there is a bolt stop spring mod that may help as well.

Edited by davedawg123
I think spartan452 had the same issue as you. As you stated, I think the problem was that the bolt stop doesn't fully engage the carrier. I recall reading that the 50 round mod, found on gasguns.info review/guide section, will apply more tension to the mag bolt catch follower which should increase pressure to the bolt stop. Also, I think there is a bolt stop spring mod that may help as well.

Thank you much davedawg, I'll look into that.

Here's a recent email exchange with AEX. Doesn't look like they will continue stocking the WOCs, and they haven't given me a reason as to why.

----

Hello

They are currently unavailible at this time. We are only limited to the

models on hand.

Regards,

Airsoft Extreme Info

info@airsoftextreme.com

***Please attach current emails when responding***

Refer to your order number when inquiring about an order.

-----Original Message-----

Sent: Tuesday, April 14, 2009 2:03 PM

To: info@airsoftextreme.com

Subject: Re: G&P WOC Steel Barrel

You mean AEX will no longer carry any WOCs?

Is there any reason why?

Thanks

Airsoft Extreme - Customer Support wrote:

> Hello

> It is unknown at this time if the woc's will be available.

>

> Regards,

> Airsoft Extreme Info

> info@airsoftextreme.com

>

> ***Please attach current emails when responding*** Refer to your order

> number when inquiring about an order.

>

> -----Original Message-----

> From: XXXX

> Sent: Monday, April 13, 2009 12:21 PM

> To: info@airsoftextreme.com

> Subject: G&P WOC Steel Barrel

>

> Hello,

>

> I'm wondering if you are planning to stock the plain G&P WOC GBBs with

> the steel barrels in the near future? I'm speaking of the ones with

> the standard handguard and carrying handle, except with a steel barrel

> instead of an aluminum one. If so, what is the asking price and how

> much is ground shipping to MA?

>

> Thanks,

----

And to follow up, is the rear receiver thread (for the buffer tube) the correct (RS) thread or is again some other thread?

I too would like to know this. I'd like to use my commercial buffer tube on it so that I can use the stock off of my AR15. Hopefully AEX will get their *suitcase* together and get mine in the mail ASAP.

Well I ordered one a few days again from Redwolf, but right now it's "Pending Customs Inspection." I've never had this happen before, but then again, I've only ever bought 1 GBB from overseas. I can only hope it doesn't get rejected.

Can anyone else who got their from overseas chime in on their experience with the customs process?

Edited by slu

I spoke with AEX on Friday, they will not be getting any restock of thier current WOC's. However, they might get in the new ones, they weren't completely sure. Also, there was only 1 WOC m4 (M) left in stock, and I purchased it. Apparently they only have a few of each one as well. i am in the same boat as big texas, it's taken them a while to process the order and still they havent shipped yet.

I fielded my WOC today and it was amazing. The gun shot true, performed flawless on semi and just kept a smile on my face. I would still probably not necessarily recommend it to everyone just because of the magazine issue, but pending these Bomber mags and/or RA-Tech mags (if they ever materialize) I think my AEG's may lose play time. They'll still likely be in the starting line-up because I just love my AEG's so much but that WOC is definitely 6th man material.

Nice comments and links guys. Looks like there isn't too much debate over the G&P versus WE issue any more. They're in difference price ranges, and the reason is clear.

Xerxes:

News on the Bomber mags would be awesome.

I fielded my WOC today and it was amazing. The gun shot true, performed flawless on semi and just kept a smile on my face. I would still probably not necessarily recommend it to everyone just because of the magazine issue, but pending these Bomber mags and/or RA-Tech mags (if they ever materialize) I think my AEG's may lose play time. They'll still likely be in the starting line-up because I just love my AEG's so much but that WOC is definitely 6th man material.

I agree, I cannot stop smiling while playing with mine... maybe when I get a big whiff of propane do I cringe :P

I do believe I'll be trading on and off with my AEG's once some magazines come my way.

I think I was using well scented propane. Either that or I was just pleased that I wasn't getting blasted with the same amount of gas as a WE M4. My buddy's WE M4 spits so much gas into the face of the shooter it's like shooting a suppressed rifle.

GHK mags are coming soon also.

With all your usage, did you guys run into any problems, especially with the charging handle. The spr locking piece on mine broke off and I lost the spring =(, I haven't even used it in a game and it has already broken...

There is also alot of wear on where the charging handle hits the body.

I've had no charging handle wear. I did snap my bolt carrier after a few hundred rounds when I started using the RA-Tech aluminum bolt and part #7. No problems when using stock bolt and bolt carrier though, in fact I was using a complete stock setup on Saturday. I'll be getting a steel RA-Tech bolt carrier soon which I will probably hollow out a bit to lighten it back down to the G&P carrier weight.