G&P GBB M4A1 family

Have they completely replaced every single original WA part?!

I just can't see how they managed to build a FM WA M4 and sell it for about the same freaking price as the WA M4... Clearly they're not using a WA M4 as a base gun then throwing all G&P upgrade parts on top of that.

Edited by junior
  • Replies 913
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Many of the WA rifle failures have been due to user error, but if you scratch build a rifle say from an AGM m4 base; you'll soon realize the finickiness of the WA design. Buy a premade rifle and most

GoldenBall .3's are very good.

Yep, they will fit.  

I really fancy a GGB M4, however I think the most appealing choice is the new Marui M4 Sopmod with the new blowback shock system fitted. Blow back feel, high cap and no gas or problems with the most well known AEG maker in the market, it seems like an easy choice !!

I think that everybody agrees that if you are actually looking for a year-in year-out, reliable, consistent and cost effective (magazines, gas,... it ads up...) shooting-iron, you would indeed be better of with the SOPMOD (My buddy has one actually...)

However, if you are looking for something more exotic, something that brings more realism, you should buy a GBB. But I doubt you'll be able to shoot day in, day out...

I'm sure most agree with this?

I just can't see how they managed to build a FM WA M4 and sell it for about the same freaking price as the WA M4... Clearly they're not using a WA M4 as a base gun then throwing all G&P upgrade parts on top of that.

How about: less research and development, no high yen, no pay-for-the-name (or less...)

Edited by Schaap

Well considering they made practically EVERY SINGLE part for the WA but reinforced in form, I don't see how it would be all that hard... All they did was copy the parts using better techniques and metals/materials... Factor in the cheap chinese labor, etc and its certainly doable...

I eagerly await more reports, the price is fantastic. This just keeps getting better and better. If this thing performs as claimed, WA will have a hard time selling any more of their own.

Given this, however, there is very little chance G&P will support the WE GBB platform.

jonny2400:

I think all the GBBs are catered to a slightly different crowd.

Edited by slu
Hey all, apologies for not posting earlier today with the redwolf account, was busy with other releases. And well... i'm not technically at work right now...

P.S. ~ I own a WA M4 myself so I can accurately provide you guys with this info, plus i';m, the lucky ###### that does the descriptions for RW products :P (apologies for my occasional errors ><"), so yes, i have played with ALL the G&P M4 GBBs... ^^

anyhow, here's a brief description, more like a summary before we post the products up on the RW website tomorrow... (the actually description will be a bit more long winded, and grammatically more correct, so dont worry!)

The G&P M4 GBB series is in all essentials the WA M4, only fully upgraded. It is fully combat ready straight out of the box, as in, shove in BBs and Gas, and you're all good to go. The bolt movement is much smoother than the Stock WA, as a new hammer assembly with a bearing pin has been installed. What that is, is that a little bearing is inserted into the the top of the hammer, and what it does is, when the hammer is cocked, the bearing reduces the friction between the Bolt Carrier and the hammer itself, making the blowback much smoother.

At, 18degrees C initial muzzle velocity with 0.25g bbs

HFC134a = 290fps (0.98J)

Top Gas = 380fps (1.68J)

Red Gas = over the legal limit in HK, and well, i'm not supposed to say :P

The entire internal assembly has been replaced with brand new G&P WA steel parts, so when the PGC CO2 magazines are released later on, the G&P M4s will be able to use them. The rear stock has a very nice fit and doesnt wobble at all, whilst the full metal body is very nicely crafted.

edit:

like the WA M4, it fits AEG RIS/RAS sets fine, though the G&P M4 already comes stock with an RIS unit (depending which one you get). Personally i prefer to fit real steel M4 parts on it... for example, i have a CAA G27 pistol grip on my WA M4, and my friend has a Daniel Defense front set on it (no modifications necessary for them to fit ^^ ).

Note:

I've actually fired 5 full mags from the G&P straight out the box, and hadnt experienced any problems whatsoever. No Jams, no *suitcasey* hopup, no barrel wobble, nothing that will cripple your gun (unlike my stock WA M4 i purchased when it first came out :( )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is personal data i've collected from skirmishing in my own time, so everything i say from here has nothign to do with Redwolf (yes a small and crappy disclaimer):

Crippling problems? maybe, very annoying definately, but only with the stock WA, especially since only the first batch has been released so far. What i can tell you is that the WE is much much worse.. and the crippling problems, is much much more expensive to fix.

An example of what happened, Yesterday, Sunday Jan 12th 2009, in a very nice 120persons wargame, (with the RW Photographer, who is a good friend of mine) were both using slightly modified WA M4's at relatively low temperatures for HK (13-16 degrees) had absolutely no problems with our M4s (internally on the Hop-up chamber and the bolt catch had been changed).

We had clocked our WA M4 CQB-R's (with 0.25g bbs at 13 degrees in the morn) in at:

HFC134a: 244fps / 0.69J

Top/Green Gas: 254fps / 0.75J

We had to change mags every 10rds or so due to the cool down, but no probs other than that during the day for our WAs.

a couple of hours in, back at the rest zone, we found a guy who was having problems with his WE, thus we offered to give him a hand. he had a WE M4, modded into an SPR, and it had a jam he couldnt seem to fix. Upon opening the upper receiver, we found that the entire brass chamber had been twisted horribly out of shape, i mean, imagine you were twisting a wet piece of rag to drain the water from it... now, replace the rag with the brass chamber, thats what it looked like. How that happened, we have no bloody idea, but according to him, he was just happily plinking away when it jammed...

I've heard and talked to ppl with similar complaints in the past few weeks, but this was the first time i've actually seen it myself. So when compared to the WA, the WE is much worse IMHO. Where the WA can be repaired by simply swapping out the F***ed up bits really quickly, you cant do the same thing with the WE... (yet?) I mean, yes, the WE is cheaper than the WA, but i'd prefer quality over price.

If you want something very very reliable, i'd highly recommend the G&P M4 GBBs, hell, i'm actually considering just selling off my WA to get the G&P, but then again Clarence Lai (CL / Airsoft Surgeon) had worked on it, and now is shooting perfectly, so maybe not :P (i'd have asked you to work on it Sauli, but you weren't around <_< ).

anyhow, i better get back to CoD5, as well... Nazi's dont kill themselves you know!

Sorry I call BS. I don't see how its possibly for the way the WE is built for the brass chamber to have twisted horribly out of shape. Pics or it didn't happen.

There's still one fatal flaw no matter what parts you replace on the G&P M4 GBB....it still uses over priced WA mags that completely suck for GG.

I'm not sure if this was posted yet, but figured it'd belong in here instead of another new topic. Looks like things are moving forward pretty fast!!

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26082

G&P hop-up chamber

Nice! Guess that answers that. I might have to get a SR16 Shorty and sell my WA M4.

I agree with slu..I can only imagine if I was to get one, how few I might see on the playing field.

The price redwolf has to offer is indeed better than a stock WA M4, and I'm still leaning toward the WE for gameplay. This is truly a tough decision as to how to go about this...WA, WE, Ino, KA (waiting to see)...God who else will there be.

I wonder if anyone is gonna come up with a design for other guns as well..If they can do it with an MP5k and Scorpion..why not go MP7??

I agree with slu..I can only imagine if I was to get one, how few I might see on the playing field.

The price redwolf has to offer is indeed better than a stock WA M4, and I'm still leaning toward the WE for gameplay. This is truly a tough decision as to how to go about this...WA, WE, Ino, KA (waiting to see)...God who else will there be.

I wonder if anyone is gonna come up with a design for other guns as well..If they can do it with an MP5k and Scorpion..why not go MP7??

If someone made a MP7 I'd kill for it :)

Nice! Guess that answers that. I might have to get a SR16 Shorty and sell my WA M4.

I'm in the market brotha, even though they have these out now, I always find satisfaction in a project with a lil do-it-yourself attitude. So just let me know. :D

If someone did make an MP7, I'd have a lil more of an appreciation for the gun. It'd be nice to see an MP5sd on the market as well..but without the maruzen design magazine that was a bit on the fatty mcfat side.

Wasn't it promoted on Ino's website that they were gonna come out with a GBB AKsu, SCAR, MP5, giant money eating M240..and anything else I'm missing?

Edited by pforcerecon

The price is indeed competitive when comparing G&P and WE..but then of course look at how beautiful the G&P M4's look in comparison with the WE. I mean I won't lie, I've been saving up now for quite some time trying to sell and not buy so I can fund for either a new big screen TV, or a PS3, or a GBB M4. And my first choice was to go with a WE based gun and build from there, since my dream gun is a CQBR/Mk18 variant. And I've already spent more money on the accessories when the gun should've came first. But now that there's in a way soo much to choose from, its become a bit difficult as to what my priority should be.

God I hope someone on here can relate or understand my struggle.

The price is indeed competitive when comparing G&P and WE..but then of course look at how beautiful the G&P M4's look in comparison with the WE. I mean I won't lie, I've been saving up now for quite some time trying to sell and not buy so I can fund for either a new big screen TV, or a PS3, or a GBB M4. And my first choice was to go with a WE based gun and build from there, since my dream gun is a CQBR/Mk18 variant. And I've already spent more money on the accessories when the gun should've came first. But now that there's in a way soo much to choose from, its become a bit difficult as to what my priority should be.

God I hope someone on here can relate or understand my struggle.

Did you check out the afc version of the WE m4a1? Anodized body with nice deep trades. Can't beat that

The only thing I liked about the WA versus the WE is realism in terms of parts. But so far WE has proven to be the more skirmish worthy rifle which is probably the one and only debate thats been going on for century's

Ya I have seen the afc version actually..and I like it alot. It just kinda sucks because still most places to order is overseas..and I've been a bit sketchy when it comes to doing so, plus with shipping and what not. I've always been the type to go out of my way to drive to wherever it may be and simply get it same day.

And WA truly does have a more realism aspect to it..plus with the upgrades available on the market and different after parts. I've always wanted a gun that said "law enforcement/gov't use only..blah blah blah" on the side, and it appears to be in the beautiful form of the WA..as well as the overpriced Systema, and a few select AEG metal bodies.

Sorry I call BS. I don't see how its possibly for the way the WE is built for the brass chamber to have twisted horribly out of shape. Pics or it didn't happen.

There's still one fatal flaw no matter what parts you replace on the G&P M4 GBB....it still uses over priced WA mags that completely suck for GG.

I cant read Chinese, so i cant find the posts about that incident in the local Chinese forums, but if one of you can, then you might want to trawl through em. The game was at W28 in Tin Shui Wai, on Sunday 11th Jan, 2009. Teams present were:

"The Obliterators" ~ http://aaobliterators.proboards30.com/ (English)

"Unicorn701" ~ http://www.701x.com (Chinese)

"Militia" ~ http://www.joanne.hk/forum/forumdisplay.php?fid=24 (Chinese)

"Flash Team" ~ http://www.hk-flash.com (Chinese)

and a couple of others. I'm sure one of them would have posted pics up.

I thought the WA m4a1's were performing flawlessly with duster gas.

Wasn't the hop shattering only from prolonged use of propane?

Either way the WE trumps the WA by a mile. The only thing competitive about G&P's product would be price if it even comes close to competitive.

The Hop only goes when you use green/top gas aka propane. if you want to reinforce it, then i'd suggest using the RA-Tech hop up chamber and rubber (haven't received any complaints from ppl using RATech stuff yet...), or if you cant find any then, stick a G&P one in for now (I'm using G&P Hop Up Chamber right now, rubber still stock as Tokyo Model Co, the Distributor for RAtech in HK has run out... :( ).

when it all comes down to it, is whether or not you want to spend money or not, the debate will always be there, so lets just leave it at that.

o and WE = cheese metal IMHO

Edited by malavern

The parts on the WE can be replaced. AFC and Airsoft Buddy both offer the sale of spare parts.

Not only that, the spare parts for the WE have a very very reasonable low price.. not only in comparison to WA spare parts :) )

the whole trigger unit.. 40$.. the valve set.. 16$ etc etc

Edited by Carsten
Any Ideas when these will be available or sale from Redwolf

Apparently, right now.

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26083

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...il?prodID=26082

They're not quite the same models that Guns N Guys are selling, but they're the first examples of the G&P M4 GBBs I've found on redwolf. I think they're a lot cooler myself, but of course, they're more expensive.

Edited by Bareknuckle

Damn. Sold out of the shorty SR16. Then again, it might be in my best interest to wait and see what other people think of theirs before jumping on this. Plus I don't particularly care for the idea of carrying 11 WA mags into a game like I did last time. Those mags are HHHHHHHEAVY. :death:

First off all, cheese metal or not on the WE, no one has complained about durability. Buy all accounts, the bolt is steel, the receiver is aluminum, the dimensions and manufacturing tolerance good enough to fit real stuff without modification. In fact, the gen 2 WE M4 GBB is far better in stock form than a WA could ever hope to be.

Second, like a lot of you said, someone needs to step up and improve the WA magazine, and, if at all possible, decrease its price. If anyone can do it, it'll be G&P, because for all we know, the PGC mags will probably work great and cost $200 each.

Edited by slu

I agree heavily with you slu, since that's basically the one main thing stopping myself from even thinking bout purchasing a WA and going about game play with it.

uscmCorps....com'n man, 11 mags???..I hope a lot of those were x-mas and birthday presents bro ^_^