Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

lol indeed, Real Rubber.

It was a hell of a job to get it on in a position I liked, that suited my shouldering of the rifle, and didnt fall off. I ended up bleeding from my fingernails because of it.

For the price, great piece of kit, looks good and is actually functional.

I was thinkin of gettin one of those smersh assault vests in the last post up there.. Anyone had any experiences on how they are to wear ?

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of interest, can anyone advise me on a modern loadout?

At the moment for modern kit all I have is my SPOSN Gorka-E in Partizan and a Splav Berezka, with the SPOSN EGER chest rig (I really miss my Grad 2 :( ) Both the Gorka and the Berezka are very hardwearing, but the Gorka is too warm for summer gaming, and the Berezka I'm conscious is more early 90s than modern.

I used to have flora (I think it must've been ANA, as it was cheap and nasty, like the kamysh bdu I had before it), but got rid of it as it was of poor quality, and I don't find the pattern very effective in UK woodland. Should I just give in, get some ripstop flora in M21 and an appropriate loadout, or can anyone offer any better alternatives for a modern outfit? :)

Out of interest, can anyone advise me on a modern loadout?

At the moment for modern kit all I have is my SPOSN Gorka-E in Partizan and a Splav Berezka, with the SPOSN EGER chest rig (I really miss my Grad 2 :( ) Both the Gorka and the Berezka are very hardwearing, but the Gorka is too warm for summer gaming, and the Berezka I'm conscious is more early 90s than modern.

I used to have flora (I think it must've been ANA, as it was cheap and nasty, like the kamysh bdu I had before it), but got rid of it as it was of poor quality, and I don't find the pattern very effective in UK woodland. Should I just give in, get some ripstop flora in M21 and an appropriate loadout, or can anyone offer any better alternatives for a modern outfit? :)

You can do a fairly easy VV MVD kit.

OSN Vityaz favors the Gorka-E a lot, and I've seen the EGER in use with OSN Rosich.

Unfortunately the Bekas uniform isn't really used. There's one picture of a VV MVD infantry man wearing tiger bottoms, but as far as the full uniform goes, it's not really worn.

The difficult thing with modern federal infantry kit is that several critical elements are unavailable to us (or too costly). The 6b23 can be purchased as a cover, but even then it's excessively expensive (I've seen less than half a dozen for sale). Also, the 6b7 is already outdated! Quite unfortunate given that it still sells for around 800USD on eBay.

So VV MVD still stands as the most accessible and flexible of the various service branches.

DSC00597.jpg

DSC00603.jpg

Kit's based off TsSN Vympel but there a couple of inaccuracies. I've never seen my radio used (although it worked great with the helmet :) ), the weapon is a bit fantastic, and the federal patch would also not be in use on the uniform.

Finally I need to retrograde my Smersh to the early PLCE style version, but as the suspenders are currently unavailable I'll have to use the ALICE version for now (which is correct, but was not as popular c. 2004).

Finally I need to retrograde my Smersh to the early PLCE style version, but as the suspenders are currently unavailable I'll have to use the ALICE version for now (which is correct, but was not as popular c. 2004).

Modox Smerch A or P still retain the LC2 type metal clip suppenders :)

Pat

I also sold on Marlow's Flora, and replaced with some Flora Mabutas [GRU Issue Dimtri said, and I am not one to disbelieve him] they were miles above the standard.

Does anyone have a Birch Bekas setup like this:

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/bekas_birch.jpg

Interested in the quality/fit etc

Cheers

TC

I have just received a pair of Splav ripstock Bekas in birch. Haven't had a chance to skirmish with them yet but the cut feels comfortable and well fitted. Stitching is neat and tidy, zippers could be be better but i would not say they are bad. The build in gaters are a very nice feature.

I found the colour to be much greener than the one you linked to but it get the impression that they vary batch to batch.

Finally got my first Russian loadout together!

MVD Narcotics Raid Team, knocking on doors in the more rural areas that OMOH doesn't get out to...

MVD2.jpg

It's a rather loose impression, but I like it ^_^

- Flora Gen. 2 BDUs

- Flora Kepi

- Splav M23

- Splav Sniper Belt System

- Russian Dust Goggles converted with ANSI Z.87 rated plastic lenses

- Unknown make black half finger gloves

- CYMA AKS-74UN (CM.045A) w/ ACM Rubber Butt Pad

- Cold Steel Military Classic Rubber Training Knife

- Cobra Microtalk Radio w/ Earbud & PTT Mic

- Mags and *suitcase*

Thanks guys.

I tried to order from the combat store, but something weird happened. The page wouldn't let me add anything to my shopping cart, so I figured I had to register. But once I did though, it took me to a completely different website where they didn't have that vest for sale anymore. I don't know what the deal is there.

I have a few questions concerning russian urban camo.

Soviet army stuff sells these pretty kickass looking black & white urban-camo sneakers(i believe the pattern is called Gorod-1) and now i'm looking for excuses on buying them.(http://www.sovietarmystuff.com/Product_553_Russian_Army_Spetsnaz_Uniform_GOROD_Camo_Sneakers_Shoes.html)

Is there any photographic evidence of real troops wearing this pattern, or is it just designed by SPLAV/some other company for the market?

On the same Gorod-category in the store, there are also equipment with a little different camo. What are these other gorod-types called?

..and concerning buying russian gear overall:

Red alliance has a pretty good list of stores that sell russian gear, but could you offer some insight on other good stores that they haven't mentioned?

(front of russia and rusmilitary.com are the first ones that come to mind)

Archived