Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The only thing more atrocious than that attempt at an IDF kit is your comment.

Yeah, not meant to offend anyone :/

Also to keep this post relevant, do Russians still wear tennis shoes and the like for combat attire? I really would like to get a Russian loadout going again.

Yes, Russian Special Forces do still wear tennis shoes :) I've seen Adidas, the Mockba clones and Nike being worn in pics.

I've never seen pics of any troops wearing the ones from Soviet Army Stuff mind, although I did have a pair myself 18 months ago (in Bekas), suffice to say I sold them on eBay pretty quick!

IMO they were not very good! Thin soles and poorly made.

Beware of some of the bits from Soviet Army Stuff! While some are genuine articles, a lot are also poor Ukranian copies, plus his customer service varies from day to day!

I did have a pair myself 18 months ago (in Bekas)

No, I'm a tool, Bekas is a suit type and the pattern is Birch or Berezka :rolleyes:

As for the Kamysh... Depends on what conflict you're aiming for?

The pattern was very popular in the 2nd Chechen War, used by VDV and MVD units.

Your best bet is to dig out a pic of it being worn and base your kit on that :)

As for the Kamysh... Depends on what conflict you're aiming for?

The pattern was very popular in the 2nd Chechen War, used by VDV and MVD units.

Your best bet is to dig out a pic of it being worn and base your kit on that :)

No conflict in particular, I just wanted to know when it was used, what goes with it, etc. I picked up a set from a friend for a recent Op and I wanted to expand it.

I'll look up more of the 2nd Chechen War.

Thanks!

Russian ?Special forces?/Airborne from Georgia war sporting some new gear, nice resolution :P

Izlom , flack-d cammo , RDS, molle vests...

cheers

Plus nice edelweiss patch :)

These guys are VDV, I think from the lot that got the American trucks out of the port.

They've got a whole bunch of nice hi-res images!

• 2 weeks later...

Lets get this thread alive again shall we ?

Got a pic of myself and two mates from our team ' Scotsnaz ' Central Scotland based Russian themed team.

We dont go for any specific kit, any specific period ( apart from kinda modern ).

We just go for good kit, that works, and looks good.

If you would like a list of what is on there, just ask :) ( PS. I have a new tank helmet, which is much better and fits properly. lol )

DSC09645.jpg

My mom was in St. Petersburg and she bought me and my friends some stuff from a Splav retailer:

P1040277.jpg

That's four Gorka 3's, a LES pioneer rig and some other stuff. All this cost only around 10000 Rubles, about 230€. The Gorkas were ~50€ each, that's a steal. The AKMS obviously was not bought from Russia, it just happened to be on that chair when I took the picture.

• 1 month later...

1st PSN Vitjaz(Vityaz)

DSC00434.jpg

DSC00443.jpg

Definitely looking for suggestions and comments before I call this an "impression". Also, if you have any ideas on what Vitjaz carries in the buttpack it would be appreciated as it looks a little weird being empty right now.

Kit List

-- OD Bandana(Would love a MASKA, but don't have the money)

-- Partizan Suit in SS-Summer

-- SPOSN SMERSH

-- Plate carrier (Need to get some fake plates so this keeps its shape better)

-- Adidas or Black leather infantry boots

-- AK-74M

• 2 weeks later...

Up up up!

MVD, mid 90's

1CIMG2075-1.jpg

2CIMG2077.jpg

1CIMG2073.jpg

1CIMG2071.jpg

1CIMG2076.jpg

-Splav rainsuit

-SMK body armour

-Belt w/ canteen & mag pouch

I still need a lifchik..

MVD, early 2000's, Chechnya

1CIMG2061.jpg

1CIMG2062.jpg

width=472 height=768http://i409.photobucket.com/albums/pp180/Mad-M/Spetsnaz/1CIMG2064.jpg[/img]

1CIMG2065.jpg

-Gorka

-SMK bodyarmour

-Smersh

I know, I know, the gun looks horrible. The stock didn't even fit properly, so theres a huge gap between the stock and the receiver, that's why it's taped. And blue tape was all I had! :D

I dont know about you guys, but I don't like captured American soldiers in your reference pics. Seems distasteful to me.

LOL

all is fair in love and war

Would you prefer it the other way round?

I dont know about you guys, but I don't like captured American soldiers in your reference pics. Seems distasteful to me.

Lol you really dont have a clue do you? Those are Georgian soldiers.. and no, not the American state of Georgia but rather the country, in case you get confused.

Also, what is so distasteful about pictures of captured American soldiers? Its called war for a reason buddy, its not supposed to be pleasant. People get captured all the time. What about pictures of German PoW's from WW2 being herded by Allied soldiers? Or pictures of NVA / VC guerilla forces who had been captured by the Americans during the Vietnam war? I bet you wouldn't find that "distasteful". Funny how that works eh?

/offtopic

Quick question - anyone know where I can find some kamysh/tigr camo pattern shirt and trousers in Europe for a reasonable price? I am struggling to find some anywhere that doesnt cost an arm and a leg. :/

Also, has anyone purchased anything from http://www.thecombatstore.co.uk/shop/home.php ? I ask because they seem to stock some interesting gear for excellent prices, but when I order something, there is no shipping options / charge added, and I am a bit sketched out by that. :S Anyone got any experience with these retailers?

Thanks for your help.

Archived