Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

That's a really cool picture!

Do you use real weapons to fire blanks in the line of other players? Do you use blank adapters on the muzzle of your rifles? I'm asking because I find it quite uncomfortable to fire blanks upon people, even with blank adapters fitted, unless everyone has signed clear contracts regarding the possibility of injury. Of course, all of you may be operating these weapons with intense professional supervision, but I simply do not know if that's the case.

Everyone's got BFAs fitted on their rifles and those wishing to run blanks at the event must pass a pre-check and safety course before being allowed to do so. There's a 20 foot minimum engagement distance on blank fire rifles, and even then you shouldn't really be shooting directly at people. 

I come from a blank fire background (WW2 reenacting) and I was game staff for the event. 

Ok, I was just looking for more information on the specifics. We all are used to firing plastic BB's at each other but I feel like firing blanks without proper and serious supervision is a no go since it's breaking many of the primary rules of weapon handling. I'm glad to hear that you take serious precautions to it though. 

Russian soldiers are certainly looking much better equipped than they were 20 years ago (or at least they appear more contemporaneous with their Western counterparts). Are these guys marines, hence the swanky gear, or is this how most Russian soldiers are now equipped?

_73297923_021344808-1.jpg

Yeah, I got that picture from the BBC website. To be honest I was surprised that Russian soldiers looked so well equipped, my conception of Russian soldiers was formed from images of the two wars in Checnya, where they looked positively rag tag.

So is that camo just for Russian marines, or is that standard issue for all branches?

The guy on the right in particular is rocking some basically perfect standard-issue gear, right down to the ancient Soviet-style rifle sling.

He's also wearing the 6sh112, which is the new standard MOLLE vest for Russian army. But I notice that it and the pouches are still not in digiflora pattern.

Most of the photos are of Russian Morpeh, who ironically are known for getting issued the latest kit late.  GRU elements are suggested as being involved as well (the ones rocking civilian clothes and whatnot).  Lots of pattern mixes, such as the various flora designs, are also being shown, which has been reflective of the "rag-tag" camo mixes seen since the Chechnya conflicts.

• 2 weeks later...

Russian soldiers are certainly looking much better equipped than they were 20 years ago (or at least they appear more contemporaneous with their Western counterparts). Are these guys marines, hence the swanky gear, or is this how most Russian soldiers are now equipped?

_73297923_021344808-1.jpg

According to Putin they're local militia lol

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Archived