Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ah well this is the one pic that inspired me to get into the russian airsoft loadout

http://www.soviet-propaganda.com/products_...s/gorka-ana.jpg.

I;m looking tio make mine as close to that as possible...i took the first step today and got a VFC ak-74u...sadly it does not have the sp1 kit installed and I have no idea where to get it.so the bolt is very lose

SPLAV Gorkas are close copies of the original Soviet ones, as are the ANA offerings. TBH, it's an outdated design. The SPOSN and MODOX offerings, the SPLAV Gorka-3, and various other modern Gorka designs are much more comfortable and suitable for use.

That picture is of an ANA Gorka with an ANA Grad-2 vest and backpack.

At my local surplus shop, I have seen a very strange russian uniform. Apparently, it is supposed to be a sniper's suit, it is made of mesh in the berezka pattern, I think. It might be specodezhda. Is it really a sniper's suit? What it it supposed to do? I figure someone here should know.

At my local surplus shop, I have seen a very strange russian uniform. Apparently, it is supposed to be a sniper's suit, it is made of mesh in the berezka pattern, I think. It might be specodezhda. Is it really a sniper's suit? What it it supposed to do? I figure someone here should know.

Its most likely a KZS -1 Camouflage Coverall

http://redforces.com/catalog/product_info....;products_id=28

Yeah, that's the one. What is the idea behind it? I don't really get the point, unless it was meant to be a base for a ghillie suit?

edit: Also, I can't seem to find much at all on soviet-era Ukrainian military gear, what is the story behind that? Did they use the same as the Russian part of the Soviet Union? The only pictures of a ukrainian vest I can find are on the izmash.at site, and that is just pictures, no text to give me a name to look for.

Yeah, that's the one. What is the idea behind it? I don't really get the point, unless it was meant to be a base for a ghillie suit?

edit: Also, I can't seem to find much at all on soviet-era Ukrainian military gear, what is the story behind that? Did they use the same as the Russian part of the Soviet Union? The only pictures of a ukrainian vest I can find are on the izmash.at site, and that is just pictures, no text to give me a name to look for.

Im using KZS in the picture above, its not th base for a ghillie, its just a camo coverall. Most soviet uniforms were plain khaki.

Archived