Russian Gear Discussion

KilloMan

I suppose I'll be joining in on this thread soonish - I just bought one of those replica MODOX kits from EBB, which is kind-of-berezka-ish.

My wallet is upset with me, so as much as I'd like to grab a M23 to go with it, I really cannae afford it. :(

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I suppose I'll be joining in on this thread soonish - I just bought one of those replica MODOX kits from EBB, which is kind-of-berezka-ish.

My wallet is upset with me, so as much as I'd like to grab a M23 to go with it, I really cannae afford it. :(

Is it actually MODOX, or is it a replica of MODOX? Why would you buy replica Russian kit from HongKong, when the real deal is as cheap from Russia.

I'm starting to turn to the Red side for something a little different to what I normally use and I'm stuck as to where to buy Russian kit off the internet.

I cant seem to find any websites that look legit and are in the UK. Any recommendations on where to go? Mainly looking for a Tankers helemet in black and a RD-54 preferably in black too. (does the backpack come off of said RD-54)

Ta!

Is it actually MODOX, or is it a replica of MODOX? Why would you buy replica Russian kit from HongKong, when the real deal is as cheap from Russia.

Repro of MODOX.

Also, I'm a student, EBB do their MODOX repro for £30 shipped, I cannae find any MODOX kit for less than £40 plus shipping. Since I'm going to be using it only occasionally, it seemed like a decent price point.

Found a Russian tanker helmet here on ebay:-

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Soviet-russian-armor...id=p3286.c0.m14

Might be of use to you apmaman.

Edit:- Was in york last week (The shop has lots of gas masks in it and also its on the same street as the comic shop "Traveling Man" and the pub the four keys) and bought what looked like an Ssh40 russian helmet, but the straps where very odd (Only a tenner), has anyone got a link to a website as to all the differnt version chin straps they use with russian helmets?

I'm starting to turn to the Red side for something a little different to what I normally use and I'm stuck as to where to buy Russian kit off the internet.

I cant seem to find any websites that look legit and are in the UK. Any recommendations on where to go? Mainly looking for a Tankers helemet in black and a RD-54 preferably in black too. (does the backpack come off of said RD-54)

Ta!

RD-54 comes in either Kahki or flora, the Kahki one is really hard to find these days so if you dyed one black you would be destroying a collectors piece. Are you trying to do an MGS loadout?

To get Russian Kit, go on the Red Alliance forums, and PM Soviet-Propaganda. There is also the Red Forces website.

A RD-54 is a backpack wink.gif

Store wise Rusmilitary is probably the only retailer in the UK you can really trust, just make sure you ring Oleg and expressively ask for what you want.

Biscuit

Ahhh, see I thought it was a webbing set that had a backpack on it.

Thanks for the info though

RD-54 comes in either Kahki or flora, the Kahki one is really hard to find these days so if you dyed one black you would be destroying a collectors piece. Are you trying to do an MGS loadout?

To get Russian Kit, go on the Red Alliance forums, and PM Soviet-Propaganda. There is also the Red Forces website.

Haha yes I am, I have a feeling I recognise your username on ASC forums 'cause I've asked there too. Although I;m not too fussed if its not 100% like the MGS stuff. Mostly because I have a green set of TTsKO instead of the brown based. It's proving rather hard to find.

I guess I could try to dye the Flora one black, or the every trusty spray paint

Yeah, that's the one. What is the idea behind it? I don't really get the point, unless it was meant to be a base for a ghillie suit?

it was meant as a cheap, disposable oversuit to be used in conjunction with the standard khaki uniforms when necesarry.

the flora ones should dye OK, i've seen DPM trowsers dyed black so the pattern isnt visible.

edit: dont worry about having green Ttsko, in game it looks more like SMK the're wearing (or at least a *bramston pickle* child of the two) but SMK is impossible to get hold of anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

ANA and SPLAV are thin(er) single layer coats, SPOSN has multiple layers/is more heavy weight it also has more features overall.

Anyone who has bought Gorka in the sates recently, where did you get it please? I have only found redforces warehouse as a retailer and I havent seen any mention of it (good or bad). Not sure I want to take a 200 dollar plunge on an un-known retailer.l

Alright. How's the fabric density on the real SPOSN Gorkas? Are they more heavyweight, like for wintery weather? Also, what's the difference between the different versions of them?

Thanks!

They are heavier, most are somewhat water proof, though I've heard they only leak in the seems during heavy rain. Some people have said that only the camo Gorka leak in the seams, I don't know 'bout that tho.

They(most?) are intended for colder climates, not for deserts or tropics. I guess there are people who do wear them in hotter climates but that's a bit too extreme for me.

I'm no expert, never owned one but that is what I've gathered from the web.

Alright. How's the fabric density on the real SPOSN Gorkas? Are they more heavyweight, like for wintery weather? Also, what's the difference between the different versions of them?

Thanks!

I don't know what the seasons are like in south california, but here I'd wear it like late september (depending on rain etc) through till march.

Basically its a good weight for when its not so cold (september/october/march) but when it starts to get colder from late october onwards then you might need another layer.

Wouldn't want to wear it during the summer, spring maybe if it was wet.

Anyone have any advice about the fit of KZS-1s, I want to get one that fits properly, but I'm worried they may fit to small for what I want. I usually ware a size large top, and about a 38 waist, and I'm a medium height guy 5'8. The only sizing I can find is Growth-1, 2, 3 I have read those are for different heights, is that the case?

I'd also like some Bekas Tiger pants and top anyone know of any good retailers stateside?

Anyone have any advice about the fit of KZS-1s, I want to get one that fits properly, but I'm worried they may fit to small for what I want. I usually ware a size large top, and about a 38 waist, and I'm a medium height guy 5'8. The only sizing I can find is Growth-1, 2, 3 I have read those are for different heights, is that the case?

I'd also like some Bekas Tiger pants and top anyone know of any good retailers stateside?

grad 2 for 38 waist, i'd estimate. sleeves will be long but you can button them back (if you're lucky enough to get buttons still attached)

I've also read that the grad/growth thing is for height but they seem to get baggier too from what ive seen. (makes sense)

Archived