Best Battery?

Tacitus

Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, but now I really want to start skirmishing my stock CA G36C.

Unfortunately my batteries didn't survive a house move, but instead of simply replacing them I'm taking the opportunity to do some research and find the best battery for my gun.

After reading infected's article on LiPo battery technology they do seem like the way to go, but I'm very unsure about which one to go for and whether I would need to modify my gun at all.

Modification is something I'm pretty comfortable with, but the real limit is budget. I would like to spend less than £100 to get my gun going.

So, does anyone know what the best solution would be?

T

Hi all,

I've been out of the loop for a couple of years, but now I really want to start skirmishing my stock CA G36C.

Unfortunately my batteries didn't survive a house move, but instead of simply replacing them I'm taking the opportunity to do some research and find the best battery for my gun.

After reading infected's article on LiPo battery technology they do seem like the way to go, but I'm very unsure about which one to go for and whether I would need to modify my gun at all.

Modification is something I'm pretty comfortable with, but the real limit is budget. I would like to spend less than £100 to get my gun going.

So, does anyone know what the best solution would be?

T

Lucky you: The CA G36c needs very little to optimize it all the way to 350fps. Obviously fps is controlled by the spring. Chrono the gun first as the stock fps varies from 300-345fps. Set this via a spring, to suit the fps you need. (depending on you site's fps limits.) £15.00.

Rate of fire can be raised by swapping out the stock electrics for 16swg wire, deans connectors & the inclusion of a mosfet. (contact 'infected' on this forum.) total cost, about £30.

Flight power are seen as the number one lipo in Europe & they have just bought out (should be in the shops this week) a new range of 'Eon' batteries. The Eon33 2050mah, 2 cell, 7.4v will out perform a 9.6v, 4300mah mnih sub c & at 108x36x16mm will fit in your stock foregrip. Estimated cost around £30.00.

Now the really good bit: Don't change anything else! Chances are the stock CA bits will take it, so, all done under your £100 budget.

Way-hey!!!!!!!!!!!! Chances are this also answers your pm, which I replied to before reading this.

Greg.

PS: Not quite: I'm afraid you will need a charger to go with the bat. Bugger.

Greg,

1, I found the battery you mentioned over at Sussex Model Centre. Your price estimate was pretty close :D

2, Thanks for your quick and thorough reply.

3, No idea about that pm, it didn't come from me!

T

1, Do they have plenty of stock?

2, You're welcome.

3, Ha-ha, that's so funny, the third party is probably wondering why I referred them to 'their best bat post'!!!!!!!!!!

Greg.

1, Do they have plenty of stock?

2, You're welcome.

3, Ha-ha, that's so funny, the third party is probably wondering why I referred them to 'their best bat post'!!!!!!!!!!

Greg.

Sorry about the delay :)

Yeah, they seem to have loads of stuff. Navigating the site is tricky though. My basket kept emptying itself, which would have sent me away for good,

but no other online shop has such a wide range of stock. I was able to order some tools I need and save on shipping costs,

so I ploughed on through the infuriating basket system.

So after a bit of research and help I've ordered:

FlightPower EON33 2050mAh 2S 7.4V LiPo

Logic RC Fusion Typhoon L50B Pro w/Integrated Balancer

MOSFET and extra replacement wire (from infected)

Madbull 6.03 Black Python Barrel

Is there anything else you'd recommend?

p.s. I don't have access to a chrono, so should I wait until I can use one before upgrading the spring?

T

Archived