cats are great.

WhutJP

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Its nice to have something happy to see you when you come home as well ^_^

You haven't met a properly affectionate cat, then, obviously! One of mine will wait outside the house for me to get home. She carried on doing this after I left for uni, then when she realised I'd gone, she just moped about the house for a week looking depressed and sleeping on my bed all the time.

Whenever I go home now, she goes absolutely MENTAL and I have to devote all my time to cuddling her. It's really very cute.

My cat is the same. Came back from uni and she wouldnt leave me alone! Cats seem to suit the more chilled out i find, the ones who would rather hang out with their pet instead of clean up its poop or run around after it. Cats are also rather entertaining to watch go about their daily business(hunting, burning it around, chilling out), whereas i cant say the same for most dogs. Cats FTW

dogs may help occasionally, but they also can cause lots of damage. you dont hear of todlers being mauled to death by a kitteh now do you.

But you could argue that hundreds more have been saved due to dogs being trained for search and rescue, drug and bomb sniffing etc. I know of very few cats that can be trained to do anything

Cats are great pest control ...

But really cats are best for being a real live cuddly teddy bear. And it likes to be cuddled! When you think about it its absolutely amazing that dogs and cats are so domesticated.

Pets in general make me laugh

You haven't met a properly affectionate cat, then, obviously!

Quite, i have 2 cats now somehow and both of them are very affectionate almost all the time, both of them will climb all over me after cuddles and petting all the time, especially if they have been shut outside for a while or there has been no one in the house for a while.

But you could argue that hundreds more have been saved due to dogs being trained for search and rescue, drug and bomb sniffing etc. I know of very few cats that can be trained to do anything

Cats may not be great for training to do things but they are a lot cleverer than some people think, they are particually good with association i've found. We have tracking collars for our 2 cats which beep when the tracking device is activated, one of the cats has associated it with someone being at the back door to let him in and will appear at the backdoor within moments of the tracker being activated without fail.

The same cat also really likes company, if i, my brother or my mum go outside he will follow, if we are all upstairs he will come up to see where we are and when i go to bed and shut him downstairs (doesn't like our other cat and she sleeps upstairs) he will go out within moments of me leaving him.

Tbh i don't really like dogs much, i can't remember the last time a cat jumped up on me and covered me in slobber, or got drool all over the chairs, or chewed my shoes, left a huge load of sick over the floor, sniffed another cats *albartroth*, not kept itself clean or chased after a car on a main road..dogs are silly.

Archived