cats are great.

WhutJP

Have you asked your neighbours what they think of your cat ###### in their garden then? If they ain't cat owners themselves, I'm pretty sure I know what the answer is. "Not impressed" would probably be a very polite way of putting it.

Odd little tale about such things for you: Friend of mine had major issues with the woman next door and her six cats. Bloody things crapped everywhere. He complained. The response from the cow next door was "they're only doing what comes naturally" - needless to say, he wasn't exactly happy.

Anyway, roll on a year and he gets a rescue dog. Right old Heinz 57 Varieties mutt it is - but there's a good bit of mastiff in its genes, that's for sure. And it goes mental when it sees cats. Utterly beserk. Well, to cut a long story short, one day one of the cats was making itself comfortable in the middle of a flowerbed before curling one out. Thing is, the back door on the house was open. Dog flies out the house like an Exocet missile and the cat is in kitty heaven in seconds.

He delivered its remains back to next door in a shoebox along with the line "The dog only did what comes naturally"

Well they have never complained and there not the sort of people to keep there mouths shut about that sort of thing so I guess they dont care and mate your are really starting to ###### me off with how little you care about a cats life, if your willing to kick one just because its taken a *suitcase* in your garden I mean come on its really not that big a deal its a little bit of poo what harm does it do you?

That story is just sick! What the *fruitcage* is the woman going to do about the cat ###### in his garden its not like you can tell them is it?

That dogs owner would be having a bat taken to his face if he did that to my cat. If the dog killed my cat and he came round and told me what happend Id be ok with it as nature but as he plan took the ###### he would be haveing a nice trip to A&E!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

well, have you ever thought that the guy had to clean the *suitcase* from his garden every day? its simple to just make the cat *suitcase* in one of those *suitcase* treys everyone trains their cat to *suitcase* in instead of letting it out to *suitcase* where it pleases.

i like both equally. i know my share of beast cats and *albatross* dogs, but i also know extremely affectionate cats and dogs. i have a friend who owns 2 cats, one of them is an *albatross* who like to *suitcase* an their neighbors garage and kills other cats (mostly just aggressive strays) and his other cat is extremely nice and loves everyone. out of the dogs i know, another one of my friends has an uncle who brings his golden retriever over all the time. extremely nice and clean. my moms friends dog is very nice too, but she's pretty destructive (wips her tail everywhere and knocks everything around).

i own a hairy Chihuahua(i think he's a mut between a chihuahua and a poodle). he is adorable, small and doesn't muck anything up or smell. hes vary cat like and i feel he is the best of both dogs and cats, other than the inability to be left alone. funny story: we had to leave him alone for a day one time because of everyone's schedules. when my dad came home for lunch, my dog ###### everywhere in excitement. the first couple months were a bit disgusting(when i was loading socks into the washing machine, i found that he left his own little load in there too...) but his poos aren't smelly and are actually stiff and don't stick to stuff. i love my dog.

pic:

GizmoLAMNCLBwin.jpg

so, while i think both cats and dogs are great, i have the best of both.

15 year old cats aren't exactly the cleanest of animals

Tell me about it. My 15 year old CJD suffering cat ###### in my slippers this morning :D

its a little bit of poo what harm does it do you?

You mean apart from Toxoplasmosis?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toxoplasmosis

http://www.nlm.nih.gov/medlineplus/ency/article/000637.htm

Nice little disease that. Can cause blindness in children, inflammation of the liver, lungs and heart, and even be fatal to those with low immune systems.

I'm a cat owner. My cat never goes out. A complete house cat. She doesn't ###### in my garden, so I sure as hell wouldn't let her ###### in someone elses. The neighbourhood cats avoid my garden. They've learnt the hard way :diablo:

I don't see what problem people have with cats doing their business in peoples gardens. If you have exposed earth they will dig a hole, do what they need to then bury it so you'll never know unless you see it happening. If you don't have any flower beds or anything usually cat's will go and find somewhere that does. It's things like foxes/badgers that'll go on the lawn and they're more like dogs anyway.

I prefer cats because they're more like people. If you put a person in a box that it couldn't get out of without embarrassing itself they'd get pretty ######. If you annoy them by stroking them too much or in the wrong place or something, they can't talk so they'll tell you to stop by batting you away with a paw.

Plus it's cute when cats dribble, it's disgusting when dogs slobber all over stuff.

dsc00144r.jpg

Cat

dsc00142d.jpg

Cat

dsc00139lhk.jpg

Cat in a box :)

I know I am getting stupidly ###### off about this lol normaly dont care about much but animal cruelty really makes me mad.

A cat owner going on about animal cruelty? There's a bit of irony there. You need to have a look at what the buggers do to bird populations in urban areas, not to mention small mammals. Hell, even amphibians are on their list of "living toys" (well, not living for long!). Believe me, when a cat has got hold of a frog, it makes one hell of a noise.

There was an article in *spits* The Guardian earlier this year that you really should look at:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2009...s-kill-wildlife

How does it feel to own a clawed psychopath that indiscriminately decimates the local wildlife population then? :rolleyes:

One of my aunts has a cat. Has used its tray since shes had it (12 years now). If she can train it to use a tray, why cant others? The simple fact is this - no one should have to put up with clearing up *suitcase* from someone else's pet - and that goes for both cats and dogs.

I don't see what problem people have with cats doing their business in peoples gardens. If you have exposed earth they will dig a hole, do what they need to then bury it so you'll never know unless you see it happening. If you don't have any flower beds or anything usually cat's will go and find somewhere that does.

Nice theory ................ doesn't work. We have gravel and the little bastards were using it as a litter tray. You didn't find it until you trod on it and it stuck to your shoe, gravel and all. Or, even worse, you knelt down to do something and it was all over your knee. Doesn't happen now. Lttle bastards are terrified of coming any where near our garden. ;) Anyway, I have a rule: If your cat doesn't *suitcase* in my garden, I won't pee through your letter box :D

Im taking about when a human hurts an animal not animal on amimal action lol

Its what cats do they hunt they kill simple.

Horsem4n I will go and ask them both tomorrow and how does making the cat go in a box first thing in the morning stop it ###### later in the day? and dont say just keep it in side or some *suitcase* like that as it likes being outside it likes every thing about the outdoors it even likes the rain to a certain extent.

You need to have a look at what the buggers do to bird populations in urban areas

Another reason why they aren't welcome in my garden. We have a family of blackbirds who've lived in our tree for the last six or seven years or so, and many other birds that come into the garden to feed, it being the only bit of green amongst loads of concrete yards (another reason the *bramston pickle* cats liked to come and *suitcase* in it). Cats have come in before, on the prowl to get at them, and learnt the hard way that it isn't acceptable. If they were hunting for food to survive, I'd be less vindictive towards them, but they're just evil *Ubarflock* that like to kill :angry:

Horsem4n I will go and ask them both tomorrow and how does making the cat go in a box first thing in the morning stop it ###### later in the day? and dont say just keep it in side or some *suitcase* like that as it likes being outside it likes every thing about the outdoors it even likes the rain to a certain extent.

well, eventually if he/she gets used to pooing in the tray it will come back inside to do its business instead of elsewhere. normally pets pick one place to do their business be it a yard or a tree or a garden.

Im taking about when a human hurts an animal not animal on amimal action lol

Its what cats do they hunt they kill simple.

And therein lies the problem. There are over 9,000,000 cats in the UK according to that Guardian article, at the top of their food chain, with no natural predation - that equals a lot of dead wildlife.

Then again, this has got me thinking. You do have to ask why aren't cats subject to the same restrictions as dogs. You'll end up with a fine if your dog craps all over the place and you don't scoop the poop. Same should apply to cats. Make the owners responsible for cleaning their pets mess up. How many people would have a cat if it meant clearing up after them? i'd wager a good few less than currently do.

Why does it annoy me so much? My 3 year old nephew and 5 year old niece come over here quite a lot during the summer (they live in an apartment, hence, its good to let them run around in the garden here and burn off some energy lol) Why should I have to spend 2 hours searching the garden and removing cat ###### before they visit, because of the health risk from *suitcase* that came out of someone else's pet!

If an animal craps in your garden I would get the onwer to clean it up. If you don't know the owner then its a bit tough to find them. That to me is the erason why most poeple who hate cats, hate them. We use to have a cat that crapped in our back garden, I filmed it once and showed the owner, they then saw our point. And yes the cat did it every day at roughly the same time.

My girls dog try's to ###### on the tree in the back garden all the time. He doesn't poo on his walks as I let him out in the back first and then take him for a walk. And also I stop him from weeing as well for that would annoy me if a dog had taken a ###### on our wall.

How to stop a dog from weeing, just dont let him stop when you take him for a walk.

I prefer cats because they're more like people. If you put a person in a box that it couldn't get out of without embarrassing itself they'd get pretty ######. If you annoy them by stroking them too much or in the wrong place or something, they can't talk so they'll tell you to stop by batting you away with a paw.

so you like cat's because they're irritable *albatrosses*? the idea of a pet isnt to substitute a human, so why would you want an intollerant animal sharing some of the poorer qualities of humans. i dont know about you, but if a person is in a bad mood and snaps at you for no good reason it kinda ###### me off. i certainly dont want a pet that will act the same way AND *suitcase* either in my house or on other people's property as the latter (while unavoidable if you let the cat out) shows disregard and lack of respect for others.

whats the point in having a pet when it spends most of it's time roaming around on it's own? yet at the same time it seems a bit wrong to keep them indoors all the time. thats the advantage of dogs, they're generally friendlier and more tollerant and you can let them out to relieve themselves without them going onto neighboring property.

i had an english bull terrier (sadly died early march, nearly 11 :() and he showed all of the positive qualities cat owners go on about with none of their downsides.

so you like cat's because they're irritable *albatrosses*?

Pretty much :P

My cat is more like me than any dog, therefore he's more of a friend than any dog could be to me. He has a personality, I know when he's happy, he purrs and will wink at me then wait for me to wink back. When he would rather be left alone he'll flick his tail and flex his claws if you're really annoying him.

I admit some dogs are alright but I can't stand it when the insist on licking everything and handing you slobber covered balls to throw for them. It annoys me, why can't they find something better to do? If I throw something away it's because I don't want it not because I want it a bit wetter.

Anyway, the title is "cats are great." You could always make a "Dogs aren't so bad" thread if you want.

You could start it with this video:

Clearly almost as good as a ninja cat.

my dog never really got into fetch like most dogs do. when bull terriers get hold of things they like to keep them, thus tug-o-war was more his kinda game :)

that vid is epic. my friend's labrador used to run in it's sleep like that, i remember one evening he was moving woryingly close to an open fireplace. we woke him up by bowling an apple at him, which he then spent the next 15 minutes trying to figure out how to eat. hilariously thick.

You haven't met a properly affectionate cat, then, obviously! One of mine will wait outside the house for me to get home. She carried on doing this after I left for uni, then when she realised I'd gone, she just moped about the house for a week looking depressed and sleeping on my bed all the time.

Whenever I go home now, she goes absolutely MENTAL and I have to devote all my time to cuddling her. It's really very cute.

Heh,

You haven't seen a properly affectionate dog if that's the way you think. :P

I know cats aren't the sociopathic loners they're made out to be but you'll never get a cat fetching you their favourite toy then, if they think that's not enough, going back and fetching you their bedding or scampering out to the garden and digging up a bone for you.

old but good :)

Dogs diary:

Day number 180

8:00 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

9:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

9:40 am - OH BOY! A WALK! MY FAVORITE!

10:30 am - OH BOY! A CAR RIDE! MY FAVORITE!

11:30 am - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

12:00 noon - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

1:00 pm - OH BOY! THE YARD! MY FAVORITE!

4:00 pm - OH BOY! THE KIDS! MY FAVORITE!

5:00 PM - OH BOY! DOG FOOD! MY FAVORITE!

5:30 PM - OH BOY! MUM! MY FAVORITE!

Cats diary:

DAY 752 - My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects. They dine lavishly on fresh meat, while I am forced to eat dry cereal. The only thing that keeps me going is the hope of escape, and the mild satisfaction I get from ruining the occasional piece of furniture. Tomorrow I may eat another houseplant.

DAY 761 - Today my attempt to kill my captors by weaving around their feet while they were walking almost succeeded, must try this at the top of the stairs. In an attempt to disgust and repulse these vile oppressors, I once again induced myself to vomit on their favorite chair ... must try this on their bed.

DAY 765 - Decapitated a mouse and brought them the headless body, in attempt to make them aware of what I am capable of, and to try to strike fear into their hearts. They only cooed and condescended about what a good little cat I was...Hmmm. Not working according to plan.

DAY 768 - I am finally aware of how sadistic they are. For no good reason I was chosen for the water torture. This time however it included a burning foamy chemical called "shampoo." What sick minds could invent such a liquid. My only consolation is the piece of thumb still stuck between my teeth.

DAY 771 - There was some sort of gathering of their accomplices. I was placed in solitary throughout the event. However, I could hear the noise and smell the foul odor of the glass tubes they call "beer". More importantly I overheard that my confinement was due to MY power of "allergies." Must learn what this is and how to use it to my advantage.

DAY 774 - I am convinced the other captives are flunkies and maybe snitches. The dog is routinely released and seems more than happy to return. He is obviously a half-wit. The bird on the other hand has got to be an informant, and speaks with them regularly. I am certain he reports my every move. Due to his current placement in the metal room his safety is assured. But I can wait, it is only a matter of time...

I know cats aren't the sociopathic loners they're made out to be but you'll never get a cat fetching you their favourite toy then, if they think that's not enough, going back and fetching you their bedding or scampering out to the garden and digging up a bone for you.

My two cats are hilarious, and aren't at all loners. And one of them (leroy - yes, that *is* his name) will play fetch. He'll go chasing madly after a piece of screwed up paper (which my girlfriend finds continuously under the sofa - I shall protest my innocence until the end) and bring it straight back to me.

Dogs are fantastic too, just a shame I can't own any thanks to not being home enough.

It's the ponies you have to watch out for. I'm never getting enough land for one of those evil things.

It's the ponies you have to watch out for. I'm never getting enough land for one of those evil things.

Apparently, horses are one of only a handful of animals (us included) that can premeditate killing another creature. Cats and dogs will kill by instinct, as will sharks etc., but horses, and elephants and dolphins too, are capable of cold hard murder :o

but you'll never get a cat fetching you their favourite toy then

My aunt's cat will play fetch... It was quite expensive though.

but horses, and elephants and dolphins too, are capable of cold hard murder :o

As are chimps. I saw a documentary once about how violent they are when everyone thinks it's gorillas that are violent when they are infact strict vegetarians and will only kill in self defence. On the other hand they had a video from tree top cameras of some chimps chasing a rival through the forest until it was too tired to continue. They then beat it to death and ate it.

So! To sum up Cats = Great. Dogs = Smelly and wet but have their upsides. Gorillas = Good but salad intensive. A pack of Chimps = Not a good idea at all really.

So! To sum up Cats = Great. Dogs = Smelly and wet but will be more useful, faithful and generally better than a cat can ever hope to be in every conceivable way

:P

Also like to point out cat ###### smells 50 times worse than dogs, and i know its the neighbour's again as my dogs are always taken out (a dog will follow you outside of food you see ;) ). The stench from around my bottom sheds confirms that i need to buy some of those ACM claymores <_<

Archived