Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And its also a toy....

its no more reliable since it uses the same gearbox as any other aeg. real steel pro's and con's don't effect us thankfully. :)

as for the ACM masada, man that is one sweet piece of kit. I should have mine in the next couple of days, they have been available for a couple of weeks now but only on the QT. From what ive heard of the manufacturer this is going to be a nicely built piece of kit. its not JLS as i had suspected when news first broke about the release but i dont know weather i should say who is making it, their probably keeping quiet for a reason.

I'll take some pics of the internals when i get my nosey little fingers on my own one... :D

I think he means that the ACR looks more like a SCAR than the Masada prototype. The ACR handguards do look a lot like the SCAR rails. Not that any of this matters because the Masada handguard can be switched with the ACR rails.

if that what he means then you are right, the ACR has the same type of Handguards as the original Masada( but im not quite sure the masada had the long handguard)

How is it almost the SCAR? iirc The MASADA is far more versatile by means of what it can be constructed as, also once again iirc the Masada is more AK than SCAR...or well more reliable than the SCAR

Can you cite a source proving the MASADA is more reliable than the SCAR? The SCAR is a VERY reliable weapon, I can cite that source if you need me to.

you might want to ask the mods to change this to the 'magpul picture thread' or something similar because I think it may be a bit to specific as it stands now

Actually, I +1 to this, as most magpul AR's look pretty sexy...

Am I the only one who hates that the ACR is pretty much a SCAR? I liked the old look better.

The main cosmetic difference between the ACR and the masada is the charging handle placement...

Masada:

masada.jpg

ACR:

acr.jpg

i dont know about you, but they look almost exactly the same...lol

you might want to ask the mods to change this to the 'magpul picture thread' or something similar because I think it may be a bit to specific as it stands now

this thread is for pictures of BM ACR/Magpul Masada. not magpul related weapons

if that were the case then anything that had a piece of magpul kit on any gun would be able to post in here

This thread is for pictures of BM ACR/Magpul Masada. not magpul related weapons

if that were the case then anything that had a piece of magpul kit on any gun would be able to post in here

+1, indeed. Leave the thread as-is; I wouldn't want to sift through 200 pages of armashites to find a single Masada... Such a beautiful creature. ACR? Notsomuch, but meh..

+1, indeed. Leave the thread as-is; I wouldn't want to sift through 200 pages of armashites to find a single Masada... Such a beautiful creature. ACR? Notsomuch, but meh..

You guys are smoking crack if you think there are tons of cosmetic differences between the ACR and the Masada.

The ACR is a SUPERIOR design. The charging handle placement on the Masada was fubar and NEEDED to be changed. Other than that, there are VERY few differences between the two weapons so do the world a favor and research a bit, look at the pictures and seriously, give it a rest.

Magsz: Projecting upon me opinions and points of view that I have not stated is bad mojo, please sodomize yourself with barbed wire if you intend to stay on this course...

Honestly, who are you to tell me wether or not I'm allowed to like the Masada rather than the ACR due to the cosmetic differences there actually are?

I prefer the prototype, don't take the bloody ###### and tell me I'm not allowed to do so.

the only things change from the masada to ACR are:

New gasregluator and this clampt and pinned to the barrel

New barrel quickrealese

New charging handle ..moved forward

Springloaded frontsight

thats it......So its not many things diffirent from a masada and a ACR by the looks...only the charging handle, thats it!

If the charging handle were up front on the masada aeg, like the H&K rifles, it'd rule. It's a wonder they [magpul] didn't think of that in the first place, they pretty much nailed everything else design wise!

This aeg has a lovely aluminium reciever! Thought it was plastic at first! Duh!

Here's something to give you a bit more detail: http://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r7/Alex...01/Picture4.png

If anyone can make this image so it's on a post rather than a link, please do.

I'll try and get some more pics with some accessories in a skirmish etc at the weekend, sorry - haven't had a spare minute since it arrived.

I believe someone else has volunteered to photo the internals so i'll leave it to him, I'm a retard when it comes to internals. I've admitted it, stayed away and moved on :P

The chinese didn't have to wait for the input from two companies and the US M5litary unlike Magpul PTS. Magpul PTS are waiting for Magpul USA and Bushmaster with imput from the US Military to finalise the design of the real ACR, so they can make an accurate replica of it.

Archived