Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

Now i screwed up!! my grip motor plate somehow got bent so i put it in a vise to very lightly straighten out. And it BROKE!! Now i got a dead Masada without any spare parts available!! Anyone know if anything from any other model anywhere will work? If not anyone know where i can get a spare?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yeah they said licensed by Magpul PTS so does that mean that KA is doing the Masada with G&P internals for Magpul or what. I am quite confused cause its not really clear.

King Arms and Magpul PTS was sharing a booth at IWA. The featured Masada/ACR is licensed to Magpul PTS by Magpul. The part about it having G&P internals is news to me. It's possible ... but surprising given that I know they were developing their own internal parts because while G&P have done okay by them in the past, G&P are also very slow production-wise and PTS was wanting to collaborate with other manufacturers more. Perhaps AATV misunderstood as I do know that G&P were producing small numbers of licensed A&K Masada's with G&P internals (externals supplied by A&K). Hopefully I'll find out more when I go back in a couple weeks.

King Arms and Magpul PTS was sharing a booth at IWA. The featured Masada/ACR is licensed to Magpul PTS by Magpul. The part about it having G&P internals is news to me. It's possible ... but surprising given that I know they were developing their own internal parts because while G&P have done okay by them in the past, G&P are also very slow production-wise and PTS was wanting to collaborate with other manufacturers more. Perhaps AATV misunderstood as I do know that G&P were producing small numbers of licensed A&K Masada's with G&P internals (externals supplied by A&K). Hopefully I'll find out more when I go back in a couple weeks.

Makes perfect since... Eagerly awaiting Magpuls release. I know myself and 3 other team members are dropping a deposit as soon as pre orders come up.

At ShotShow, the Magpul PTS rep said it was modified version 3. He also said that was sort of an interim solution.

He was hesitant about saying more than that, despite those tidbits raising more questions than answers. I took it with a grain of salt.

Installed a Deep Fire 6.02mm tightbore barrel and systema hu bucking and it shoots like a beast. Perhaps I would like to change the motor aswell in the near future. Is it a long or short motor that's in the A&K Masada?

After watching http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=pn2FVX...&playnext=1 I'd have to say the Guarder HSP motor seems good :D

Its not a ver 3... Its a modified, could be modifed v2, could be modified v3, could be none of them. No one really knows but magpul themselves. If anyone outside of magpul knew it would be uscmCorps but something tells me even he would be speculating.

From all the pics available it looks like its a V2 ares/star type gearbox. I know they claimed it would have a v3 but it looks like thats not the case in the models they had at shot etc.,

my A&K masada with the AFG , i like ! :D

52xpcg.jpg

Nice stick you got there. I really like the tight design a lot. Can you flick up those sights fast? I ask because it looks like your BUIS won't flip up unless you got nimble digits or ditch your RDS.

Its not a ver 3... Its a modified, could be modifed v2, could be modified v3, could be none of them. No one really knows but magpul themselves. If anyone outside of magpul knew it would be uscmCorps but something tells me even he would be speculating.

I handled the PTS ACR/Masada again last night. At this point, I'm leaning more towards it being a version 2 with nuances of the version 3 (caged motor etc). If that puts you off the gun, don't buy it. Personally, I've never had problems with my Version 2 gearboxes, but then again I'm not playing in sub-zero temperatures. I love the quick swap spring feature. And the gun felt better in my hands than what I recall from SHOT. So I'm back to being excited about this gun again.

mmmm, somehow my Magpul PTS Pmags arent feeding in my Masada. Could the problem be my mags instead of the masada? :/ I've used the mags before in my KA M4A1 and no problems there :(

Finally took the time to investigate this properly and it seems my 2 Magpul PTS Pmag's are worn down? The spring inside the mags arent pushing the bb thoroughly into the HU unit. I guess there's some dirt in it :/

On the other hand I'm still kinda looking for 6 midcaps or either 8-10 lowcaps (min 75 rds). Anyone got any suggestions they use with their Masada + any pic perhaps?

Finally took the time to investigate this properly and it seems my 2 Magpul PTS Pmag's are worn down? The spring inside the mags arent pushing the bb thoroughly into the HU unit. I guess there's some dirt in it :/

On the other hand I'm still kinda looking for 6 midcaps or either 8-10 lowcaps (min 75 rds). Anyone got any suggestions they use with their Masada + any pic perhaps?

have you modded the magwell to fit the pmags snugly?

I modded the magwell with a piece of credit card as my pmags were feeding intermittently. They are now feeding flawlessy with this mod. My mate has also done the same and he uses the magpul 75 round pmags also with no issue now.

Hope this helps.

I handled the PTS ACR/Masada again last night. At this point, I'm leaning more towards it being a version 2 with nuances of the version 3 (caged motor etc). If that puts you off the gun, don't buy it. Personally, I've never had problems with my Version 2 gearboxes, but then again I'm not playing in sub-zero temperatures. I love the quick swap spring feature. And the gun felt better in my hands than what I recall from SHOT. So I'm back to being excited about this gun again.

I don't even really care if it is a ver2, never had any problems with the ver 2 that was not problems with all gearboxes so I am sold. I was hoping the motor would still be caged cause of the grip being part of the receiver. I am, have, and always will be stoked about this release. I am selling everything I don't need or use so I can buy one with mags and every accessorie I want.

have you modded the magwell to fit the pmags snugly?

I modded the magwell with a piece of credit card as my pmags were feeding intermittently. They are now feeding flawlessy with this mod. My mate has also done the same and he uses the magpul 75 round pmags also with no issue now.

Hope this helps.

The Pmags I have are Magpul PTS, they fit nicely and sit rocksolid in the magwell. But there's an issue with the spring of the magazines :D

Mmmm, I'm really doubting to buy those Star Pmag's. I hear several different reviews, one saying they're good for the price and another one saying the dont feed at all etc ...

I do really want em but it's just that I don't wanna be disappointed :( Good to hear you found a fix tho, where exactly in the magwell do you put the piece of credit card? I assume on the inside that's nearest to the back of the gun?

Archived