Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think a ICS split gearbox would be an upgrade... Systema PTW split gearbox with better hopup would be an improvement.

Magpul is terrible at getting products out cause they are terrible at testing it to make sure they get it right before they let it out.

The reason Magpul does not say too much about their releases now is cause of all the cry babies and whiners (this came straight from magpul staff). So as long as everyone has no patients and whines there will be no info released on their progress of products.

I don't think a ICS split gearbox would be an upgrade... Systema PTW split gearbox with better hopup would be an improvement.

Obviously they couldn't "copy" the ICS design due to patent-infringement... I just meant a split-type gearbox, sorry for the confusion there. I didn't know PTWs used a similar design, but any split-gearbox would be an improvement over the A&K Masada / V2 design. If a malfunction occurs (such as a pistonlock-up or ARlatch displacement)... you need to do a COMPLETE teardown of the gun. I would pick a stock ICS M4 over a my old G&P/A&K Masada ANY day of the week from my personal skirmishing experience.

If Magpul PTS were to make a reliable GBBR drop-in w/ GIM PMAGs, they'll dominate the GBBR market within a few months. If the initial GBB ACR batch doesn't have many major problems, people will bandwagon quickly because of the perceived coolness of the ACR (CODMW2, Modern Weapons, MagPul fanboys, etc).

Okay, yeah that makes more since. Yeah this is what I am waiting for. I really really want a nice ACR GBBR. The rumor is that they will have someone else make the GBB kit for them so I just hope they are as picky as they are with the rest of their stuff and it should turn out awesome. I am not holding my breath for a year later from the ACR release as they are sure going to take their time to make sure its right.

As far as anyone who has the Masada from A&K have any of you tried modifying the anythign yet to allow a working fit of a 2 peice gearbox from ICS or anythign else like the Ver 2 gearbox from Energy (Not systema) with the removable back to aid in repairs and upgrades. I have yet to try and was just asking thanks folks.

The Energy GB should work fine...the takedown of the a&K masada will make it possibell to change spring whitout take out the GB from the lower.

I ahve that GB in my plan for my masada, and one of my guys in my team has one so i will check with him.

• 2 weeks later...

Quoting from a recent auction on e-bay:

Up for auction is a BRAND new Masada AEG airsoft rifle. These are NO LONGER available! The factory that made them has been closed and the molds destroyed.

Can anyone verify the information about those molds being destroyed? Or any information about current situation in China, esp. ACM / AK?

From what I've been able to gather...Spartian is saying that A&K masada still isn't legit, and that the company isn't producing anything (guns, parts, accessories, etc). Thought a second (or more) pair of ears on this would be nice to know.

I'm still in needs of parts for my masada before the gearbox starts to have problems.

Pic request: a Dark Earth/Desert coloured Masada with black stanag magazine AND either black/dark earth magpul. I need to find out whether black or DE magpuls look nicer -_-

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=159681&st=1740&p=2261718entry2261718

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=159681&st=1860&p=2293603entry2293603

Archived