Magpul Masada thread

alexallan

Way to read. That's a G&P MASADA. Basically the A&K MASADA (not "ACM") with G&P internals. Hence the heftier price tag. :rolleyes:

Umm, you know that the outside of the gun is still make by A&K, right? Then you also know that the finishing quality is ######, right? And you also know that G&P gears suck donkey cock, right? Or the fact that their hop-up rubbers suck too, right? Or that their pistons with the stupid wieght attached love to snap at high ROF and are super brittle? Yeah, I'd definitely want to pay VFC price for a roughly finished, glaring seam lines, ACM gun on the outside with slightly better G&P on the inside? You people scare me sometimes.... With that $100+ (I paid $250 for my untrademarked masada, sipped) You could upgrade the *suitcase* out of an A&K and really make it nice (like what I did :P).

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would say that the outside finish is very good of the A&K masada........only thing thats thurn it all down is the barrel/gasport. that part of the A&K masada is really ugly.

If I lay the A&K masada beside the vfc scar, then the outside finish (exluded barrel) would be the same.

Meh, I disagree, the seam lines/flash is quite glaring. Metal quality is the bog standard ACM potmetal, though in most cases not so horribly casted, and the paint is quite poor, all around, as is to be expected. The barrel, gas block pain/quality isn't good either, and the gun cast parts of the gun are covered in minor imperfections, etc that is a hallmark of "CLONE" chinese airsoft stuff. Compared to my VFC SR-15, real steel vltor, magpul or G&P plastics, VFC plastics, etc, the masada is quite sub par. My point is, although it is probably the best A&K you will ever find, external finishing quality included, it isn't worth $380 any way you slice it....

Well , I have one of the first A&K masada out there..and I can easy say that the plastic is as good as any high end AEG as vfs/G&P etc, its not even close the the reagular acm plastic.

And the upper is alu..no potmetal there.

Maybe the finish has change since then?

But I have never put any specs on my aeg as the wallhanger/correctmarkings-guys out there.....so maybe I am not the right guy to talk about this;)

Again, the point is, this thing IS NOT WORTH $380, and Evike is trying to pull yet another fast one, especially when you consider that the actual PTS ACR is supposed to come in at around $400. I paid under $300 for mine with shipping and a short barrel, I bought it in the USA too. What is more, I have both barrels to swap whenever i want, so I am not just stuck wit the short barrel in the G&P one. G&P motors are like $20 too, and that is the only G&P part I'd actually want to put in the A&K, the rest is marginally better, or worse in the case of the gearset. I much prefer the A&K "XYT" steel gearset to this craptastic G&P one.

I suppose I was wrong to debate the merits of the exterior itself, all I meant to say is that the gun isn't worth $400 in my eyes, not at all, especially when I compare it with my VFC SR-15 I got for $400 w/o shipping.

Umm, you know that the outside of the gun is still make by A&K, right? Then you also know that the finishing quality is ######, right? And you also know that G&P gears suck donkey cock, right? Or the fact that their hop-up rubbers suck too, right? Or that their pistons with the stupid wieght attached love to snap at high ROF and are super brittle? Yeah, I'd definitely want to pay VFC price for a roughly finished, glaring seam lines, ACM gun on the outside with slightly better G&P on the inside? You people scare me sometimes.... With that $100+ (I paid $250 for my untrademarked masada, sipped) You could upgrade the *suitcase* out of an A&K and really make it nice (like what I did :P ).

Couldn't agree with you more mate. I got my A&K masada last month from KH Mountain for $195 (£120) and once the 11.1v lipo rips the chinese gearbox to *suitcase* I plan on upgrading using modify parts from AW Scotland. Some of the plastic does look *suitcasey* but with a G&P one costing upwards of £270 at one airsoft shop in the UK I am pretty sure I can get a far superior set up for around the same price.

Well , I have one of the first A&K masada out there..and I can easy say that the plastic is as good as any high end AEG as vfs/G&P etc, its not even close the the reagular acm plastic.

And the upper is alu..no potmetal there.

Maybe the finish has change since then?

But I have never put any specs on my aeg as the wallhanger/correctmarkings-guys out there.....so maybe I am not the right guy to talk about this;)

I definitely agree with appslapp about the New -vs- Old Masada appearance issue.

The older, first run of "Illegal" Masadas that A&K shipped out looked much better than the ones they've been making lately. I've seen a few of the new ones that friends own compared to the original one I used to own, and the upper and lowers are two completely different shades on the new versions.

As for the price, I definitely agree with you guys there. For a clone gun, with sub par internals, the Masadas are a tad overpriced.

Even with the older ones, I find there are a few niggles. Other than the upper receiver, most of the metal parts aren't very nice metal, the QD sling swivel points don't work with my real BFG sling swivels, and the paint was very thin on them and the pins out of the box. Many of the metal parts, notably the barrel collar, gas block, sling swivels and barrel have weird casting imperfections in them and very thin paint. The moulding of the plastic parts IS very rough. I don''t think this really detracts from the feel, and isn't noticeable under a cursory look over, but it is very apparent when taking a good hard look at the gun (as I did when my earlier comments on them seam lines, etc were questioned). I think it might be good to note that I do have the older untraded batch masada.

But in the grand scheme of things, they are very, very minor external issues, and not as big as I earlier made them seem, nonetheless, the ARE THERE!

I cant say ive noticed any unsightly seem marks myself, all guns are going to have them as its a manufacturing process, but they seem very clean on the Masada (mine was one of the very first), there defo cleaner than that of my Tavor and VFC Scar, but there still are some things i'd love to have been improved,., machine screws in the motor plate would have been cool and the selectors can come off a little too easily. (thread lock them as soon as you get the gun. Ive also see a couple of broken stock latches, it would be brilliant if someone made a metal clasp for that.,

That is what I was just about to point out to everyone. Most polymer guns do. I find it dumb that so many airsofters get hung up on seam lines, when often the RS versions have seam lines. Sure the flash might be polished off, but you can still see where the seams on the mold were.

I definitely agree with appslapp about the New -vs- Old Masada appearance issue.

The older, first run of "Illegal" Masadas that A&K shipped out looked much better than the ones they've been making lately. I've seen a few of the new ones that friends own compared to the original one I used to own, and the upper and lowers are two completely different shades on the new versions.

As for the price, I definitely agree with you guys there. For a clone gun, with sub par internals, the Masadas are a tad overpriced.

yup totally agree with these comments , i also have one of the first runs (received mine jan o8) and it"s way ahead of the currant run of Masada"s in finish and general quality , yes there are slight moulding marks but there light to me compared to some "higher end" guns i"ve handled , as to the metal finish i"d say more than acceptable to me , plus i"ve not needed to do a thing to it apart from change the hop and nub . so all in all i"m more than happy with it ,(matter of fact was scurmishing with it today ) .

That is what I was just about to point out to everyone. Most polymer guns do. I find it dumb that so many airsofters get hung up on seam lines, when often the RS versions have seam lines. Sure the flash might be polished off, but you can still see where the seams on the mold were.

Airsofters want it so milsim it's more real then milsim

I was expectingit to live up to the hype of what they said it would. afterall, it was months ago USMCorps saw it in HK.,

Its not exacly bad, but it doesnt appear on paper at least, to offfer me a whole lot over the A%K one out there.,

Archived